1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Was pink maned Celestia a past life of current Celestia?

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by rdlover777, 21 September 2016.

?

Was pink maned Celestia a past life of current Celestia?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

(Posting this here, mainly due to not knowing whether it should go here or in the non canon area :/)

i'm not sure why i though of this.

may have something to do with me watching Doctor Who today...

Anyway, tell me what you think of this thought

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I think its explained that alicorns only get their full mane and tail colours later in life so Henze the plain pink one of her youth.

rdlover777 likes this.
  3. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I think it's the general consensus within the fandom that pink-maned Celestia is young Celestia, based on the artwork and animations I've see. I'm not aware of it being mentioned in any official media (e.g comics or books), but I could be wrong.

Could I please ask where it was explained like that? I may have missed something.

rdlover777 likes this.
  4. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

I like the notion in Lullaby for a Princess that it was her use of the Elements of Harmony on Nightmare Moon that changed her mane

5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Since it's to do with a canon character, and since we don't know whether or not this is non-canon until and unless the show confirms or denies it, here is fine. :)

On the actual question... I think the only pink-maned representation in an official product is the one from the storybook in the S1 premiere. However, that's a stylised depiction as storybooks often are -- and in any case is contradicted by the S4 premiere, in which Celestia is shown as having her normal multi-coloured mane as she banishes Luna.

[​IMG]

rdlover777, CuldeeFell and Oilyvalves like this.
  6. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

I keep thinking it's Twinkleshine.

rdlover777, Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

You can...but I can't tell you for sure lol, I recall someone posted on here about it being explaining in one of the books, but I hay have misinterpreted things =p.

rdlover777 and Oilyvalves like this.
  8. Majin

Majin Active Pony

No, because reincarnation is a baseless myth without any truth to it whatsoever. It's not actually Celestia. It's her evil sister, Belestia. Trust me.

rdlover777 likes this.