1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

we need a dating thread or sub section for dating/ shipping

Discussion in 'Community Suggestions' started by Patrick Rowberry, 16 May 2016.

?

if uk of e had a section for dating or shipping would you use it

1. yes 100% yes

11.1%
  2. yes but only if others use it

11.1%
  3. not sure depends no how its implemented

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no but i don't mind if there was one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. no

66.7%
  6. other

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

if you ad a extra section for people who want OT just date or ship each other or try find love would be great

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

We've had several threads on this general topic over the years, including one you started a while back. They all died fairly quickly. That really doesn't suggest there's a significant demand for this.

Gene likes this.
  3. anthony rothstein

This just reminds me of a story from my very first Galacon I attended back in 2013.

Now Galacon is a brilliant event (been there twice and will be there again this July!). And I love it dearly. Being it's name sake on the Saturday evening they have a Gala event. Smart dress only and classy music.

In 2014 and 2015 they really improved it by splitting the evening into two separate events with two separate rooms. One with the dress code and classy music, another with no dress code and lively acts with louder genres. Worked really well for everyone!

But back in 2013, it was only the Gala. They did have more brony music towards the end, but they had the dress code throughout and the first few hours was slower classy music. With a large portion dedicated to dancing with partners. A lovely idea. But a good 80% of attendees were single men. So the 20% or so girls danced with their boyfriends whilst the majority of people stood around waiting for the more exciting music to begin. (also with no alcohol allowed in the venue, a fair few people got a bit frustrated!).

Point being. Though there's plenty of pega-sisters in the fandom, single men still fair outweigh single ladies! So dating threads just would never work. And most people want to meet for stuff beyond just one interest, so... yeah!

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yes like @anthony rothstein said the gender ratio is not even as their are far more males in on the site and in the fandom. So that could create issues.
    You would just have a thread of guys asking for attractive woman who are massive mlp fans=p
    Secondly its not really an appropriate use for the site and could give the mods all kinds if headaches dealing will the welfare of members and any such problems that may arise.

5. Recurrent Trotting

We have a few threads about sexuality but I haven't seen one about relationships specifically *searches*

ooh I found one :3 died in 2012. I think I'll create a thread for relationships including experiences of dating bronies or inter-fandom dating in general and link back to the old thread

link to new thread

so I voted other since I don't mind if there is a section for dating or just another thread in the forum. Unlike say a NSFW or adult area which might want to be in its own section *heeeent heeeent* there shouldn't need to be a separate dating area.

edit not to reraise the whole NSFW issue (hence edit)... but I can't let anyone get the last word - so I gotta say I still think that having no area at all for certain mature themes on site even behind a password is a shame - I can barely even post pics of Cadance :p

#5 Recurrent Trotting, 17 May 2016
    Last edited: 17 May 2016
  6. Loganberry

Oh, that sort of thing can be in its own section... which we'll call "a different site". ;)

Serious answer: we've been round that one more than enough times; please don't reopen that particular can of worms. NSFW content on UK of E is not going to happen, the end.

7. deaduser

deaduser Honorary Pony

Is this a joke thread or is this for real?
    If people wanted to date people online they would use a dating site

Wonderbolt likes this.
  8. Loganberry

That's pretty much the reason that dating/relationship threads on UK of E have never lasted very long.

Still, as the issue has now been decided (see previous posts) I think it's time to lock this one.

deaduser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.