1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Wearable MLP Merch

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Chiado, 15 January 2013.

1. Cendaquenta

WLF do ship to the UK but it's CRAZY expensive, plus there's importation kerfluffle. I have a few WLF shirts, but only one was purchased direct from them and it put me off doing so again. (The others were bought from Forbidden Planet.)

2. Jonquil

Jonquil Recognised Pony

Where should i go to get pony wearable merch from the UK ? and thanks for commenting =)

3. Cendaquenta

There's Forbidden Planet, as I mentioned, Amazon, and a site called Truffle Shuffle - those are the first that come to mind. There mostly isn't much of a selection in any of them though. The UK is pretty sucky in that department.

Jonquil likes this.
  4. SamP20

SamP20 Honorary Pony

Has anyone used redbubble.com for their mlp t-shirts? I checked on their website and they seem to ship from the UK. Their prices seem reasonable too.

Demedicia, Jonquil and Crow0785 like this.
  5. Jamie64326

Jamie64326 New Pony

I love all those T-shirts posted by Snowyshy.

Snowyshy likes this.
  6. Crow0785

Crow0785 Kernow Broba

I used RedBubble. The designs are great and the customer service too. However, personally I don't like how the tshirts are printed. The ink is in the material rather than a transfer/image onto the Tshirt. But that's personal preference and they did offer to change it.

7. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Yeah I bought from WLF but I splashed out on about 5 (pony) shirts - it wouldn't have been worth it for 1 or 2. I didn't find the shipping charge too horrendous, but the tax, and the way they pay it off for you then charge you about £10 for the privilege, does add up considerably.

8. Allie

Allie Active Pony

I really want a couple of Pinkie T-shirts from Redbubble but dont seem to be able to gather the cash together to order at the moment - then I plan to wear Pinkie with pride and have all the other mums in the playground think Im an idiot but who cares! I also want a Pony circle skirt that I can wear for conventions and some kind of Pinkie inspired outfit

Sam just has the stuff I posted before -

His PJs

[​IMG]

His custom pony t-shirt

[​IMG]

And his bowtie and waistcoat that this photo does not do any justice too what so ever

[​IMG]

MCtoastie, Snowyshy and Cloudane like this.
  9. Cloudane

Awwwww :3

He rocks those PJs! Lucky chap has some good parenting :)

Allie likes this.
  10. Allie

Allie Active Pony

awww thank you, we just try and let him be himself no mater what

11. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Sam's Pajamas are too cute! :3 Hope you get some pony stuff yourself to wear one day too. So much fun wearing ponies!

By the way @Allie, if you saw my shirts, just want to let you know that was the pink Fluttershy shirt I got for my birthday. The one I was talking about in the "What Annoys You" thread.

Thanks @Jamie64326. Just the result of buying shirts for years. I love wearing them when I can. I save my favorites for days I go out for fun or errands.

Allie likes this.
  12. SamP20

SamP20 Honorary Pony

Just ordered my first ever pony t-shirt, and it's this (link):
    [​IMG]
    I don't think I'll wear it in university yet, but I do want to see reactions walking through the city centre!

Laurence Hammond and Snowyshy like this.
  13. Allie

Allie Active Pony

I would totally buy the pink shirt for Sam - with the shade of pink that it is I think its totally acceptable as a "guy" shirt

14. Snowyshy

Here goes, my Rainbow Dash slippers, for those super cold nights when I drink hot cocoa, watch Jem, and play Sonic CD (my February in a nutshell).
    0420151621.jpg

I am not kidding when I say I love ponies. :p

I agree! I always like that particular shade of pink myself. Awesomely, that is a guy/gender neutral shirt. Just a regular t-shirt. Sam isn't the only guy who likes pink. ;)

DerpyWhooves and Cloudane like this.
  15. Cloudane

You're on the edge of your "make us all jealous of your 'murrican merch" quota for the day me laddo! ;)

Snowyshy likes this.
  16. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Just as a quick PSA: I've merged the old "shirts" thread into this one, as there didn't seem much point in having two that overlapped so much. That's why this thread is suddenly much larger!

On topic: I've never bought a shirt from WLF, since (as has been said) its shipping prices to the UK are absurd, much higher than other US-based stores that sell similar products. If they ever launched an EU-based store, I'd be all over it, but they don't seem to have any interest in doing that. As for the UK-based shops like TruffleShuffle, their range is just too small. So it's RedBubble for me, despite a few minor quality issues; the only pony shirt I have that didn't come from there is the one from last year's UK PonyCon.

#96 Loganberry, 20 April 2015
    Last edited: 21 April 2015
    Jonquil likes this.
  17. Snowyshy

Implying I'm not already. :p Seriously, I do love my pony wearables, I just wish they were cheaper so I could have more. $25 per shirt (or $27 is Zazzle's case) is not cheap.

Target got a pony shirt for mens once, but it was G1 style. Only thing I don't like about Target are Men's character shirts. They assume "You're an adult, you like 100% retro". A Rainbow Dash shirt wouldn't hurt. Walmart has one, but it has "Brony" on front, and I don't wear "Brony" shirts as you saw above. If Target or Walmart had them, then they would be like $8-$9, though Hot Topic has buy one get one half off, so getting two pony shirts will be $30 altogether.

YOU encouraged me to charge my phone to take a pic of the slippers! :p

Makes perfect sense, especially since there are more Pony things to wear than just shirts.

Cloudane likes this.
  18. Jonquil

Jonquil Recognised Pony

Does anyone know how much redbubble charge ? Also how can I tell what would fit me best ? Are their sizes a lot different from the UK's sizing of shirts?

:)

19. SamP20

SamP20 Honorary Pony

The price seems to be about £20 once postage is included. I'm not sure about the sizes, but they seem similar to another t-shirt I got online elsewhere which was a little loose fitting at a medium. This time I got a small. If it doesn't fit then redbubble do offer a size exchange. Not sure if they charge for it though:

20. SamP20

SamP20 Honorary Pony

It has arrived!
    20150501_093051.jpg
    Also the label amuses me:
    2015-05-01 09.33.58.jpg