1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

West Midlands Brony Meet

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Squall, 27 April 2016.

1. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Next Meet: June/July 2018
    Wolverhampton Train Station Cafe
    Pumpkin Cafe

More details below

Welcome to official thread for the confirmation of the West Midlands Brony Meet Group!
    Currently, we operate primarily in Staffordshire and Shropshire, but anyone anywhere can come see us!

Our meetups are the first Saturday of each month. We will be awaiting participants at Wolverhampton Train Station 11:00 - 12:00am, at the station's cafe next to the ticket station.

After 12:00am, we will head into the centre to see sights, have ourselves a meal, visit shops, and generally find places to relax and be ourselves.

Phew, now you've read this far, tell us if you're interested! If you have any questions, reply to this thread, or pm me.

We now have a Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690698851203805/

Anyone confirmed for the meet should provide to me contact details via pm of which to reach you by. This is all to make sure where you are on the day, and to reach you in case of emergencies. These details will never be shared elsewhere without your express permission.

#1 Squall, 27 April 2016
    Last edited: 1 May 2018
  2. Medley

Medley Habitual Pony

3. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'm hoping I'll be free on the 7th, though I won't know for sure until next week. I'll almost definitely come if I can, though, since it'd be nice to get along to a new meetup, especially a laid-back-sounding one like this. :) I'll mention here if things change, since I don't have FB.

Squall likes this.
  4. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Medley likes this.
  5. Nekky

Nekky Inactive Pony

I may attend at some point, from leicester myself, so isn't too hard to get to there. :)
    will see if i can make the one of the 7th, but no promises, do have the local leicester meet today, depends how much i spend today! :p
    clicked to join the FB group, but i do BARELY use facebook, so will be looking for updates here! :)

6. Medley

Medley Habitual Pony

sounds grand! also, added you to the group mister Crikey!

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  7. Loganberry

Well, things are looking pretty clear for Saturday, so unless I'm ill or the trains collapse or something, I'll be along. :)

8. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Righty-oh, just getting everyone's contacts now, expect private messages for those who have yet to give me something to reach them by ^^

9. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Things are a-go for the 7th, everyone! If anyone here has any suggestion of what to see and do at Wolverhampton we haven't thought about yet, please place your suggestions here!

10. Loganberry

Sounds good. :) Just a suggestion, and obviously feel free to overrule me, but maybe it would be a good idea to keep things fairly relaxed and simple for the first meet? Just so that anyone who's a bit nervous about coming to a meet at all (maybe if it's their first one) would feel more confident. As the opening post says: "see sights, have ourselves a meal, visit shops, and generally find places to relax and be ourselves." :) (I'm fine with what everyone else wants to do, of course!)

#10 Loganberry, 3 May 2016
    Last edited: 3 May 2016
    Squall likes this.
  11. Teamidris

Teamidris Engineer, Writer & Cosplay

Ooh nuts, that's the right place and the right day, but I've got a big day Sunday. I'm fingers crossed it goes well and you do many more :)

12. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Oh, of course! We aim to be a very relaxed meetup, but we still want a bit of grab for those who wish to have a bit of variety. So, we've been picking at ideas to keep things laid-back, while still being worth the time. We've thought about movies, but nothing is set in stone until we have a good group together ^^

@Teamidris , we hope to see you next month instead then! Mark ya calender :D

Loganberry likes this.
  13. Loganberry

Heh, I guess I'm slightly giving away the fact that even after all these years of going to meets and cons, I'm still a bit of a Fluttershy when it comes to meeting new people! Anyway, whatever you decide, I'm determined to make it on Saturday. :)

14. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

I'm going to come this Saturday, so I'll see everyone at the station. :)

15. Gyroprodius

Gyroprodius Actually Supernothing.

I'm pretty much a cert to coming along on Saturday. It'll be great to meet you all!

16. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I've unfortunately got other commitments this Saturday, but hope to make one in the near future. I've clicked to join the FB group anyway (Andrew H). :)

Hope y'all have nice day!

17. CrikeyoRilley

Aye, bar me getting the wrong train and ending up on an adventure. I'll be there, bald and with my Brown Man-Bag :D. Looking forward to it.

18. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Have fun tomorrow everypony! I may try to get to get to a future one.

19. CrikeyoRilley

It would be great to catch you at one. Looking forward to my first one and a nice trip on the train. Hopefully these become a regular.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  20. Loganberry

For anyone coming from the north via Stafford tomorrow (@CrikeyoRilley ?) you may need to allow extra time because of rail engineering work around Stafford station:

* Hourly train between Liverpool and Crewe
    * Hourly bus between Crewe and Stafford
    * Hourly train between Stafford and Wolverhampton

These will be timed to connect, thankfully! As an example, Crewe-Wolves will now take 1 hour 16 minutes, eg the 09.40 from Crewe will arrive in Wolverhampton at 10.56.

Other lines to Wolverhampton, eg via Chester and Shrewsbury or the local stopping services from Birmingham (the ones that terminate at Wolves anyway), are not affected by this.

#20 Loganberry, 6 May 2016
    Last edited: 6 May 2016