1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

West Midlands Brony Meet

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Squall, 27 April 2016.

1. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

I've decided it'll be best not to hold a meet this week due to the hazardous weather. Perhaps next month ^^

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Oilyvalves likes this.
  2. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

April 7th may have to be re-scheduled because of a trip I'll be taking. Is April 14th better for anyone?

3. Ocean Whirlpool

Ocean Whirlpool Active Pony

Yes. April 14th is much better because I have my 21st Birthday party on April 7th. You do your trip, I'll do my 21st Birthday and then we can see each other again on the 14th.

Squall likes this.
  4. Sholapith

Sholapith Active Pony

April 14th is fine. I'll see you all there

Squall likes this.
  5. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

All is good for tomorrow morning!

6. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

I take that back, I had a late night and really not feeling well at all... sorry guys. I've informed the others too

7. MachinePony

MachinePony Renegade Timelord

Dammit! I would have gone to this month's meet if I known is on the second week. Is May's meet this Saturday coming?

8. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

It's now crunch time in terms of my diploma, so I cannot host the meets until it's all over. June could be a thing, but July most certainly I can get the meet up and running again.

I would also like to ask everyone; I'm thinking about hosting one meet in Telford. Being my home town, I know of more things to do and see compared to Wolverhampton. Who would be able to attend a Telford Town Centre meet?

9. MachinePony

I wouldn't mind Telford. It would be a nice change from the usual places I often go to (Birmingham and Wolverhampton).

I wondered if it be unreasonable of me to ask you if you could alter what days the meets occur from first Saturday to second Saturday of the month? I know it seems selfish of me to ask you to change the rotation of the monthly meets to fit in my routine, but I used to be one of the regulars of the meet. Now it clashes with the metal nights hosted in Cannock which I live local to and I want to attend the West Midlands meets again without sacrificing another aspect of my social life where I meet up with another group of friends who share the same interests as I do (i.e. metal and hard rock).

Also I don't know what goes on in everyone else's life but some event always occurs in the first and last weekend of the month so I think it would make sense to change which Saturday the West Midland's Brony Meet should occur if that's the case.

10. Ocean Whirlpool

That would be awesome Squall! I even have a few ideas: We could meet inside the bus station, go to the Wrekin Giant for food, sit inside Starbucks then go to the Library to play stuff like Munchkin and Welcome to the Dungeon. Does this sound good?

11. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Update on the next West Mids Brony Meet

How would we all feel about this coming meet being held at Telford Town Centre on Saturday the 14th of July?

12. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Unfortunately it's unlikely I'll make one of these meets for quite some time. I'm committed to other things for the next few weeks, and after that there's major rail works in the area that will restrict my travel.

Hope you can make something work for you guys though. :)

13. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Probably can't make that one as I also have a rather busy calendar for the next few weeks, but I'm glad these are still a thing. It's been a while since I last made it and I enjoyed it then, so I'm definitely still interested in general terms. No big rail engineering works around here, so if I'm free on a future meet day it should be fairly easy to make it, I think. All the best for it. :)

14. Ocean Whirlpool

I'll be at the Telford Town Centre on Saturday 14th. If you could tell me where to find you at what time that would be great. Also, I'm meeting someone else at the Starbucks in Cineworld at 4pm so if you want you could come say hello to my other friend.

15. MachinePony

Unfortunately it clashes with a local music festival I have planned to go to so I obviously can't go to Telford on that day.

16. Sholapith

Sholapith Active Pony

I can make it on the 14th.

17. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Darn. Unfortunate, I would have liked a few more people along if I were to hold a meet here. Though I have interest from other folks, they aren't available and would miss out this weekend.

Perhaps another week in the Summer holiday would be a better plan? Any suggestions as an alternative to this Saturday?

18. MachinePony

I don't know if I'll be up for a meet this month as I'm going to one music festival this weekend coming and another one on the first weekend of August. Therefore I have two weeks in between which I'm going to use to chill out and doing my own thing.

19. Sholapith

Sholapith Active Pony

Will the meetup still happen tomorrow, or is it going to happen on another date?

20. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

No meet tomorrow, we will arrange another day when we can have more folks along. I got some games for us to try!