1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

West Midlands Brony Meet

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Squall, 27 April 2016.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

And back! (A while ago, but I needed to eat and watch today's episode.)

Big thanks to all for today -- it's always a good sign when you're disappointed you can't stay longer. :) Really enjoyed meeting some new people, too. Shame I had to miss out on Fluxx, but maybe in the future -- I was reading up on the rules on the train and it almost makes sense now. :p No clue when I'll be able to make another one of these, but I'll try to get along at some point.

Really impressive start to these meets, I thought, too. Hope you're proud for organising it -- you should be. :)

#61 Loganberry, 7 May 2016
    Last edited: 7 May 2016
  2. Gyroprodius

Gyroprodius Actually Supernothing.

Just wanted to say thanks for a great day out today! It was lovely to see some new and old faces in a new place. The weather was great and even the rain didn't dampen (ha) our spirit during the improvised 'after meet'.
    Really hope to see at least most of you in a months time (or less)!

3. MamoruOkami

MamoruOkami New Pony

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  4. Loganberry

5. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Thank everyone for coming and making this new meetup group a reality! This is really the first social gathering I've ever been host to organise, and it ran with only a few little hiccups here and there. But we live, we learn. Next meet is scheduled to be the 4th of June!

Teamidris and Gyroprodius like this.
  6. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Well thank you for organising it! I had a really great time and it was it a good day. And we got to enjoy all the extremes of English weather.

7. MamoruOkami

MamoruOkami New Pony

[​IMG]

:p Just.. I dunno'.. the shadow-ie scene, and the genuine sadness in this guy's words..

Also; this is wonderful
    [​IMG]

8. Loganberry

You did a fantastic job, you really did. :D I'm pretty sure your group will go from strength to strength now, and it deserves to. Looking unlikely I'll make the June meet as it's just before I go on holiday, but I'll definitely try to make another one before too long. :)

Well, since I can't see the pic, that doesn't really help much -- but thanks anyway. :p

That reminds me, though... UK of E forum mod hat on. There's no need to change that last link, but for future reference, please only link to public photos on the forums. Partly that's so everyone can be included, and partly because we staff need to be able to check they're okay. If you want to show off a photo on a private group, you can either use the "Upload a File" button here or put it on a photo hosting site and link from there. Obviously, please make sure the people in the pic are okay with it being shared publicly before doing that, Thanks! :)

Okay, UK of E forum mod hat off. It's too warm for me to go wearing hats for very long today -- I don't have Medley's experience or style in such things. :p

9. MamoruOkami

MamoruOkami New Pony

x3 Hehe~

And Ooh; sarry.. I'll be sure to ask for le permissions next time

10. Loganberry

Don't worry about it; all sorted out now. :) (You have a PM, but again it's nothing to worry about!)

Also, if anyone wants some amusement, check the Google reviews for The Sunbeam. Everything from "worst dining experience of my life" to "service was top notch, food fab". So... :p

11. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I can probably make the 4th, if there's a good sized crowd going then.

12. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

I think I'm going to be in Munich for this so will miss the next one. Hope for a good one for all in attendance.

13. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Ah, sorry to hear you can't join this time @CrikeyoRilley , perhaps another time. Have a good time in Munich though!

So everyone, how many are we expecting to appear for next week's meetup? There's still places to see, games to play, just need to see how many participants will be tagging along.

And while we're at it, anyone have any ideas to better improve the meetups? I look forward to hearing from you all ^^

14. Gyroprodius

Gyroprodius Actually Supernothing.

Aye. I will luckily be right in the middle of a three week exam break so I'll make an effort to come. Might have to miss out on the Sunbeam though... My wallet is going to be crying by then!

Oilyvalves likes this.
  15. Squall

Squall Silly Pony

Aye, well there's always KFC ;)
    We hope to see you there ^^ Anypony else can confirm they're going to be there?

16. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

I think maybe even I could run to KFC! Not sure whether I'm going, partly due to the general cost as well as the pub meal. Maybe next time.

17. DerpyWhooves

Won't be coming I'm afraid. I keep saying "next time", I know. I'll have to come to the next one :p

18. Loganberry

Nor me, I'm afraid -- just too much else going on that's draining my wallet this time round, not least that I'm off to Scotland the following week! I'll try to make at least one more this summer/autumn, though. Everyone who is going along, have fun! :)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  19. DerpyWhooves

Yep, have fun all :)

20. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I'll have to give this Saturday a miss unfortunately, will hopefully be able to make a future month.