1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What a coinkidink! (Coincidences)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cloudane, 11 July 2014.

1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

So earlier I was re-watching Ponies the Anthology II, when a Cutie Pox episode clip came up.
    "Apple Bloom! You've got your cutie mark!"
    Immediately after that sentence, my mum (who was watching someone or other getting some kind of comeuppance on Confrontation Street downstairs) shouted ABOUT RUDDY TIME!

I'd also just watched the first Anthology, one scene is The Ticket Master to the song of "I've got a golden ticket" from the original Willy Wonka. Just came home now and my dad said "I haven't got a golden ticket" (it was something to do with a game beta)

Tell us of those little coincidences that make you do a little double-take! (Not necessarily pony related, but those always get bonus points ;))

waterdancer, Parthidens and Dax like this.
  2. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

SEEING PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE THEY PLAY HOCKEY oh my goodness
    (@Becca)

3. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

My life pretty much runs on coincidences if I'll be honest. Recently I was at Centre Parcs I was watching clips of Chris Pratt and The Lego Movie just for the hell of it on my Ipod Touch and I ended up buying a Lego set for the Lego Movie.

4. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

I've had 2 alarmingly similar coincidences:

1. An ex of mine lives over in Kentucky in the USA. She was on a forum where she was friends with a guy who lived in London. And this guy, as it happens, was a classmate of one of my oldest and best friends!

2. My current gf has a school friend who, somehow, is friends with a girl I was friends with back in secondary school. Pretty bizarre since before I met her, I never had anything to do with my gf's school.

5. Cloudane

Oh yeah knowing people and the 6 degrees of separation thing..

I used to work with someone who turned out to be a close RL friend's neighbour, and at the same time it turned out that he was working with my neighbour :p

6. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

Moved out of my old flat the other day and the electric meter (pre pay) had the same numeric value of the address when I checked it on my way out.

Dax likes this.
  7. Sunsetstreamer

Sunsetstreamer Honorary Pony

Going to a meetup in the local area (turns out there is NOTHING to do in this county) and happened to bump into @Silver Broom in the supermarket. :3

(We must try and meet again at some point. It'll be good to say hello properly and stuff. ^^)

Silver Broom likes this.
  8. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Gah! Why didn't I remember to post this :p I AM a silly pony!

9. Cloudane

I was just watching and sharing a YT video of someone drinking a gallon of honey while covered in bees

2 seconds later I heard an ad on the TV downstairs for.... some kind of bee documentary!

Parthidens and Dax like this.
  10. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I went to the London Film and TV Comic Con only yesterday and I've just seen cosplayers on the news....I'm not sure how to feel about that.

11. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

Arriving back from Finland and despite expecting rubbish weather, the forecast changes to be just as good as the weekend I was in Finland. Only thing missing is the 24/7 sunshine.

12. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

1. Many moons ago, I was watching SMart with Mark Speight (as in, he was presenting, not sitting there with me), and he was teaching us how to draw cartoon characters. He said 'I'm just going to draw stick people for now', I replied 'why?', and he answered, 'So I can build them up later'.

2. A friend of a friend thing. A close friend from college turned out to be the next door neighbour of another close friend from a youth group.

13. waterdancer

waterdancer Honorary Pony

I had made friends with this guy at college, let's call him X, and one day we were having a chat, and X said that he was going to a steampunk-themed event, and I knew that my oldest and best friend, let's call him M, was into steampunk and I thought there was a chance that M might attend and might run into X, so I told X that I had a friend, M, and that he might turn up, and when X heard M's name, he told me he knew a guy by the same name, so we discussed this further and it turned out that X knew M through M's now-ex who lives in the USA, who X became friends with on a forum.

14. Cloudane

I keep ending up parking Dashie in front of her sister numberplate (check out the reg no's)

sister-numberplate.jpg

I often park the same place as the grey car does. I bought my car in a town like 50-100 miles away.

waterdancer and Parthidens like this.
  15. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

I was looking up Anatidaephobia the other day, and just as I was searching it they mentioned it on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown as the word that someone had learnt that week

16. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

Ah, the phobia that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you...

Bexa164 likes this.
  17. Sunsetstreamer

Sunsetstreamer Honorary Pony

Bumped into someone at a flat party who happened to be a fencing partner of one of my friends up north.

Parthidens likes this.
  18. waterdancer

waterdancer Honorary Pony

Quack.

Dax likes this.
  19. XBPonyA

XBPonyA Pegulsus is best boyfriend <3

So after not talking to an old school friend for about 6 years or so we started talking again and then i found out he lives a 15 minute walk from where i live XD

20. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

When walking home this afternoon, I walked past this yellow van with three pink butterflies stuck on in the cutie mark position.
    Coincindence, or intentional reference? I'm not sure. The image doesn't match Fluttershy's mark exactly.

IMG_0154s.jpg
    IMG_0155s.jpg

There were also more butterflies like that on the boot and bonnet.

Parthidens and Cloudane like this.