1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What about Fluttershy's family?

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Snowyshy, 29 March 2015.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

I'll second the "Cloudsdale is just too far" thing, we've seen less of it than any other location now and every scene there was important. They didn't have time to go over the family issue, likely FS's parents are the quiet types and don't like the idea of going to the ground.

RD on the other hand, got a pretty important position at a young age, a custom house built for her, so I think her parents are generally well to do in Cloudsdale and are largely too busy to visit, making sure she's provided for.

2. ChunkyTheHutt

ChunkyTheHutt That person

could be a long lost sister of rd...

3. anthony rothstein

We'd probably see Spikes parents before Fluttershys.

In the classic trope:

>Real parents have returned and demand to take their kid away even though they put it up for adoption and it's against the law for them to just take their kid bac
    >Kid is sad and confused, not really knowing what to do and just goes along with it.
    >Adoptive parents (Twilight): tearfully lets them go thinking it's the best thing to do
    >Suddenly they realise how awful the kids biological parents are, but it's too late because they're now living on a castle on a crazy golf course.
    >Cats try to eat Spike.

Stewart Little was a strange film.

4. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

My headcannon is mean.

Fluttershy's parents are unfit jerks. They are Pegasus master racers. While she was a foal they were ashamed of her and berated her because of her poor flying skills. Throughout her childhood she was constantly convinced that she is weak, useless and worthless. Once she got her cutie mark on the surface, they considered her contaminated and things got worse for her. When she finally moved to her cottage on the ground, they disowned her and now deny her existance.

5. ChunkyTheHutt

ChunkyTheHutt That person

Well technicly twilight is his mother