1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Websites that tell me to turn off my Adblock. No, you're not some special little snowflake and I don't wanna be spammed with annoying ads for things I'm not interested in. If you're that desperate for money, at least set up a donation via PayPal or Paetron or something like that.

Mane25 and Cloudane like this.
  2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Anything that, for lack of a better description and excepting Pinkie, kicks down the 4th wall and interferes with my end of reality.
    Couple of examples:
    Some advert with a song that goes "someone's knocking at the door" and a doorbell goes ding dong and there's that moment where you think it's yours
    Anything that triggers voice assistants. Until we can have custom keywords or something, can we please cease and desist with saying "Alexa," "Okay Google" or "Hey Siri" on television, plzkthx

3. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Normally I am not bothered by bad grammar but getting dear and deer mixed up is bad lol

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  4. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Surely that's intentional, please be intentional

5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

But... what if your name really is Alexa? Do we have to ban all real Alexas from TV? :eek:

Cendaquenta likes this.
  6. Cloudane

They must not be named! Use a nickname like Voldemort or something :p

"Besides who names their kid after a voice assistant?" --Siri Smith

DerpyWhooves and Cendaquenta like this.
  7. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I still haven’t been able to actually get through to my GP. Really not happy.

8. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

any voice activated tech, like the previously mentioned Siri, Alexa etc. i don't wanna talk any more than i have to.

9. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I really don't see why people get so excited for it, it's just quicker to type =p

10. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Until voice-activated tech is like the ship's computer in Star Trek, I won't consider it complete. Also, it has to be programmed to respond only when the user is doing Sir Patrick Stewart's voice.

DerpyWhooves and Cendaquenta like this.
  11. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Tea, Earl grey!

Parthidens likes this.
  12. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Just hope it's nothing like the ship computer in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as regards tea. :p

13. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

People who call into phone-ins and complain about snow-related school closures on the grounds that when they were kids they walked through snowdrifts every day (and ate half a lump of coal for dinner if they were lucky). Being old myself, I can remember my school staying open during a very snowy spell in the early 1980s. But...

1) There was far less traffic on the roads than there is now. A lot of it caused by... parents taking kids to school!
    2) As most households had only one car, they didn't leave the other one(s) all over the pavements to make things even more dangerous.
    3) In those days, nearly everyone went to their local school, regardless of its quality, rather than be driven several miles.
    3a) That meant it was much easier to get to school, as it was usually within easy walking distance.
    4) In most families, the dad went out to work 9-5 at a local place and the mum was at home to look after kids.
    5) Teachers themselves usually lived locally and could make it through, which again is less the case now.

Also, what we've just had was (at least here in Worcestershire) not "just a bit of snow". It was the deepest for 35 years! The schools here were absolutely right to close on Monday, and it's disappointing that parents saying stuff like, "It makes it really awkward for us" don't seem to realise that many teachers are also parents and have the exact same problems. A bit of understanding would go a long way.

14. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

The risks of falls and tumbles in the playground is another good reason for closure. It's a shame more work places don't close to accommodate parents and reduce traffic on the road thus reducing accident risks.

15. Killergoose

Killergoose Modest genius

Just got back from seeing The Last Jedi (don't worry, I'm NOT going to spoil a single thing about it, I'm just providing context.)

When seeing a big film in one of the first few days of its release with a packed screening, I come to expect a few things like people moving back and forth from their chairs to go to the toilet which is a little annoying but fine, people talking a lot during trailers I have no problem with as long as it's not too loud or obnoxious, I talk to my friends in fact a lot of the time during trailers, people do not pay to go see some film trailers.

What I do not find acceptable though is when about a third of the way through the film I hear someone's phone loudly ringing about 6 or 7 chairs to the left of me not for 1 or 2 seconds but for a solid 10 seconds. This person did not seem to care about the idea of disturbing others' enjoyment of the film or the idea of turning their phone off or putting it on silent, judging by how long their phone was ringing they did not seem embarrassed or in any hurry to stop the loud noise coming from their phone.

About an hour later, I HEAR THE EXACT SAME RINGING COMING FROM THE EXACT SAME PLACE. That's right, not only did this person take their sweet time stopping their phone from ringing the first time, they STILL did not even bother to turn it off or put it on silent. When I heard the ringing the second time, I quickly scooted forward in my seat and turned to face the direction of the ringing, I could not make the face of the person who had the ringing phone, only saw the light coming from the phone and the look of the person sitting next to them who seemed to find the whole thing hilarious which just made me more furious. I was tempted right then to walk up to this person and ask them to stop being so inconsiderate of others and turn their stupid phone off but I was aware this would just disturb things for people even more. I ultimately knew I would not be able to do anything but I did find the idea of grabbing this person's phone, throwing it down onto the floor and stamping on it repeatedly immensely satisfying.

#12575 Killergoose, 14 December 2017
    Last edited: 14 December 2017
  16. Cloudane

Basically every seller on Amazon nowadays sends an "is everything alright? Why haven't you left a review yet?" email like 2 days after purchase.

PSA, pestering me makes me less likely to leave one, and more likely to be critical if I do.

17. GatewaytoGlimmer

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

A 10 hour long blackout of our area starting at 5 yesterday. No dinner, no TV to watch a Xmas special I really wanted to, out of contact with people needing emotional support over the holiday, my PC running with a game on so could have damaged it.

Etc

19. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

Me: *looks at something pony related while my mother is near*
    Mother: Oh I'm sorry I forgot you are actually 5 not [redacted]

Sorry this has been going on for like 5 years now and I just want to like small colorful horses in peace

Parthidens and Robshi like this.
  20. GatewaytoGlimmer

DVDs of TV shows which are not complete seasons but rather "The best of" containing the most random of episodes like Episodes 5, 14, and 22 of Season 1 and episodes 8 and 19 of Season 2. No, stop this crap and just give me a complete season please. It usually happens only with animated shows as well and the UK barely has any decent complete season sets of animated shows.