1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I absolutely hate the "TopCashBack" advert (yes I know "oh I don't watch TV live!".. the parents do)
    TOP irritation because of the TOP repetitiveness of the TOP used word in the TOP annoyingly TOPcashback TOP TOP TOP TOP TOP

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

People spitting in the street. It is disgusting -- and no, doing it to one side on the pavement doesn't stop it being disgusting. If you really feel the need to do it, at least spit into a paper tissue and take it to the nearest litter bin. If you don't carry tissues... start.

3. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

What makes it more annoying is I don't know why they do it - maybe I'm unusual but I've never in my life felt the urge to spit in the street or otherwise (well, unless I've inhaled a fly or something) - so... I've always wondered what they even get out of it.

Robshi, Loganberry, Bexy164 and 2 others like this.
  4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I guess it's the whole being a rebel thing as why do people do it.

Parthidens likes this.
  5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

After picking up my car from a car dealer I decided to drive to college to return some books and save myself a journey... only to find it closes early on Friday. :mad:

I guess everyone wants to flee from that place quickly. I can understand wanting to run away from there... I could write a textwall about all the things that have annoyed me with that college, and I've posted some of them on here.

6. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

When you don't like discussing or bringing up a specific subject so much so that you can't bring it up to tell others to avoid it

Parthidens and GatewaytoGlimmer like this.
  7. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I tried to watch the Grand Tour on Amazon Prime tonight only to get black screens and slow internet connection errors, even though my internet is fine. After failing to get that to work I tried to watch my Red Dwarf DVD, only to find the DVD player wouldn't load the menu for it and just gave me another black screen. It seems I just can't have any luck in watching what I want tonight. Why can't technology just work like it's supposed to!?

Parthidens likes this.
  8. Cloudane

Sites that force you to have an account to view anything, after baiting you with content high up on Google. I don’t want a Pinterest account!

9. Cloudane

Any tracking system that doesn't update for days/weeks on end. Broken laptop was collected for repair last Wednesday, tracking still says "awaiting collection". I've had to chase them via my insurers constantly (even to get the collection arranged in the first place). Emailed Friday to find out what's up, no response. Called yesterday, "we did check" they said defensively (so why didn't you reply to my email??) "it was delivered, the tracking will update later today when they inspect it"
    Later yesterday, still nothing
    Mid day today, still nothing

Look, I don't mind if it takes time. Repairs do. But don't bait me with a tracking system then not bother to update it as it leaves me in the dark and nervous, more so than if you just took it and said "right we'll be in touch in 2-3 weeks"

Edit: Woo! On the move again. Now I can stop panicking again for a bit XD
    Impatience on my part, just nervous with it being quite an expensive device.

#12609 Cloudane, 6 February 2018
    Last edited: 6 February 2018
  10. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

There are athletes complaining that the weather at the Winter Olympics is too cold.

11. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

It sounds silly, but it isn't, at least not necessarily. As an example excessive cold can actually slow bobsleigh runs down, because the ice becomes "sticky" at really low temperatures. It's not just about competitors, either -- the welfare of spectators and media has to be taken into account.

As for what's annoying me right now: I'm increasingly fed up with film-makers thinking that "a darker take on..." is an even slightly interesting idea. It's been done to death now, to the point where I'd find it very refreshing to see (say) a superhero film where said superhero is fundamentally a straight-up good guy in the style of the original Superman movies. Not everyone has to be like (modern-day) Batman.

Same goes for science fiction. All three of the original Star Wars trilogy are rated U. It clearly can be done without making for a boring film, but people don't seem to want it.

12. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

People who don’t seem to understand the concept of a queue.

Zenfox and Loganberry like this.
  13. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

West Midlands/London North Western trains don't do seat dedications, not even on the Liverpool Birminghan service which I've just booked on, absolute joke, that you can't reserve a seat on a intercity train in the 21st century.

14. GeodesicDragon

GeodesicDragon Prince Brublood

People who think that they own the pavement just because they're pushing a pram.

15. Cloudane

Ah yes, the dreaded battering pram.

abrony-mouse and GeodesicDragon like this.