1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Manchester Airport bound Transpennine Express is another fun one. Why the they made 185s only 3 cars I do not know lol.

Robshi likes this.
  2. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Ah yes I've had to experience that myself as well!

Wonderbolt likes this.
  3. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

After having a rather hectic day thanks to the weather, I finally sit down to relax and start up Pokémon Ultra Moon when I realise the stray cat that we've adopted over the past year has decided to do its business behind our settee.

4. Recurrent Trotting

Feeling grey :( hate it when I have almost no interest in work or fun stuff
    althouh this grey zebra is kind of cool :3
    [​IMG]

Pigasus likes this.
  5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Having Windows 10 update itself and then having no sound. Thankfully I've managed to fix the issue, but it took me several hours to figure out. Thanks Microsoft for letting your updates butcher up my drivers. I think you need to look up what the word update actually means.

Cloudane likes this.
  6. sten whik

sten whik Space

Not just Microsoft, Nvidia driver updates always delete my audio settings for some reason.

7. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I've gradually drifted from "Windows 10 is the best version so far" (on release) to "I blooming hate Windows 10" as time has gone on. Mostly due to the enforced updates/reboots, unsolicited software popping up in the start menu, and that painful 3 hour feature update every 6 months. Especially as the "Settings" / "Control Panel" mess seems to never improve and yet the control panel gets hidden away more and more...

I had to use a Windows 7 machine at work recently and it was soooo comfy. One place for all the settings, one type of application.... good old days

Robshi and Cendaquenta like this.
  8. Nytheris

Nytheris Honorary Pony

One thing I use and recommend is a program called classic shell. It lets you change the start menu and make it more like windows 7.
    [​IMG]

9. Mare Serenitis

Mare Serenitis Night time is the right time.

Derpymail.org went black yesterday.
    Looks like the owner has let the server license lapse and now it's rejecting all logins. Shame, I really liked how simple and not full of millions of options for things I never use it was.

Looks like I'm going back to hotmail/outlook/live, whatever it's decided to be called this year. Ugh.

[e]
    Owner has since reset the license.

#12629 Mare Serenitis, 9 March 2018
    Last edited: 10 March 2018
  10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Getting fired from my job this week for the most cruel and harsh of reasons. I went to Citizens Advice yesterday and they agreed I was unfairly treated. I'm writing up a letter of appeal but I'm not sure how hopeful I should be about it. After having hunted for paid work for six years, getting sacked after only three months makes me wonder if some diabolical force just does not want me to have a career. :(

11. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Sorry to hear about that and I know how you feel about some diabolical force not wanting me to get a better job.

Robshi likes this.
  12. Recurrent Trotting

time to be awesome song chorus is stuck in my head :p

unlike the great eqg canteen song though the chorus is the worst bit

13. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I actually quite like the start menu itself, just not the junk Microshaft keep dumping there :p

Damn, that's rough. Hope you get some success with an unfairness claim

Robshi likes this.
  14. Recurrent Trotting

firstly uk shops aren't stocking pony ccg cards - not even Geek Retreat D:

secondly virgin trains refuse to allow moderately saucy pony on their servers so all saucy rp is now no go

thirdly the non saucy rp on this site which is awesome has no new posts so I am reduced to whining for more posts like a pone obsessed person :p

Robshi likes this.
  15. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Applying for Universal Credit. You need you inside leg measurement for the application form, it's likely to take five weeks or so for them to process it before I even see any money. Plus trying to prove my identity looks about impossible. I tried doing so through the Post Office and kept being told to use an app which all the reviews for said didn't work.

16. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

The fact that ears aren't closeable. Misophonia sucks.

17. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Going to an actual store, only to be told to order it online.

Not that simple, after moving I found a GameStop that actually sold "retro" games, or older games, they call it retro. I bought months ago, Super Monkey Ball 2. I went back to buy a GBA game, only to be told that they shipped them back to headquarters to be sold online.

I still ordered my game online (Mario Kart Super Circuit BTW), but the point is I saw it in this particular store, and buying it in-store means I get to play it right away, and I can inspect the cart for defects or, Heaven's forbid, being a bootleg GBA cart.

So yeah, waiting on a Mario Kart GBA game to come in the mail now. I did buy an extra copy of Sonic Battle from their site, so I do have confidence it won't be a bootleg.

Cloudane and Cendaquenta like this.
  18. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

A man working in a local shop that I go to fairly frequently is starting to get really annoying about printing receipts. It annoys me anyway that I increasingly have to ask for them (I want proof of purchase usually in case I have a problem and need to take something back, I don't think that's unreasonable, it used to be a given). I said "can I have my receipt please" and he usually rolls his eyes and prints one, this time he said "we've stopped doing receipts you know, you can just check your bank statement" - I started to explain about proof of purchase, and ask what do I do if I have a problem with an item, and he then proceeds to argue with me about it. I still got my receipt, so they're clearly still capable of doing it, it was completely unnecessary.

@Snowyshy Mario Kart Super Circuit is great by the way. :)

Snowyshy likes this.
  19. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

When you see a train at the platform and you run for it and it doesn't leave for like another 3 mins. It doesn't happen that often but I always like an idiot when it does. :p

20. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

Done that a fair few times! Still, better catching your breath in your seat on a stationary train than stand on the platform watching it pass you by....

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.