1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Oh absolutely true! I say feeling a bit awkward is slightly better than being frustrated :p

2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I've had a train pull away while I was literally touching the doors once. Not only that but it was the return journey from a family holiday so myself, my mother, the dog in a carrier and two suitcases were all left stranded on the platform. Great fun.

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  3. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

Sounds horrible! Bad enough that happening under normal commuting circumstances, but with luggage and all, any delay is not good!

4. GatewaytoGlimmer

This has happened to me as well. Although in a scenario no where near as bad as yours. I trust carrying your luggage and your dog must have made it a lot more difficult.

5. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Oh we laugh about it now. The station staff got a right earful, one wee fella was quaking in his boots as Mother literally demanded a helicopter home...

6. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Cool, will enjoy it once the delivery wait is over. Just a shame they sold the game in the store and sent it back to HQ with other games just to sell them online.

Being able to shop locally has a convenience that online shopping doesn't have.

7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I thought receipts printed by default after a transaction? Seems odd for that not to be the case.

8. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Increasingly I'm noticing in shops in general that they're having to press a button to print a receipt, usually only if you say you want one (which is apparently too much effort for this person). You see this in self checkouts as well in the last year or so, they generally now ask you if you want a receipt before actually printing one. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want one, personally, maybe I'm old-fashioned.

9. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Saving on costs, Thermal papers not that cheep
    In general I'm not bothered about a receipt if paying cash for a low value item, but always get one for card payments and high value.

Wonderbolt likes this.
  10. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yeah I guess, so at our work the PC always prints out a receipt, two actually, one for customers and one for our records so I imagined other places would be different.

11. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

When customers get annoyed when we asked for ID if they look under the age of 25 or we just need to make sure. come on people if we asked you for ID it means you're doing something right by looking a bit young, I still get asked for ID some times and I'm in my 30s.

12. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

I'm 22 and I can't remember the last time I got asked for ID. I do have ID on me at all times so it's a little disappointing.

13. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I think it's an environmental thing maybe? Less waste paper?

14. GatewaytoGlimmer

Only ever been asked for ID once in my life. Didn't have any on me and just went to another pub :p

15. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I've only ever been asked for ID once, ironically while buying alcohol free beer (which still requires it, apparently). Luckily I was over 18 before they started getting strict about checking age at all, I was over 21 when they started checking if you look under 21, and then I was over 25 when they started checking if you look under 25. I guess having a beard helps as well.

That did occur to me but they need a paperless system to replace it as they are still needed. Environmentally I'm more concerned about plastics to be honest, and these same shops seem to be perfectly happy to wrap everything in unnecessary layers of plastic...

16. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I'm annoyed that shops finally stopped asking me for ID, dammit I'm only 35 I'm not ready :p
    Losing weight aged me appearance wise faster than time itself did. There are benefits to the facial feature softening effects of extra weight :p

17. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

As Mum likes to say, "nae wrinkles on a balloon". :p

18. Recurrent Trotting

word losing frigging document info

19. Killergoose

Killergoose Modest genius

When someone has just finished complaining to you so you reply with something such as "Okay" or "Alright".
    They then reply: "It's not okay/alright!" is possibly the most stupid/frustrating occurrence in conversations ever.

When someone replies with "Okay/Alright", they are trying to show the person complaining that they have acknowledged and listened to the complaint and have taken that on board, they're not trying to justify anything.

The person complaining who follows up by saying "It's not okay/alright" is one or several of the following things:

• An idiot for misinterpreting the response.
    • Wants to find any excuse to continue complaining at someone.
    • Is psychic and believes that you did not acknowledge or listen to what they just said.
    Nowadays when people who I know are prone to say "It's not okay!" start complaining at me, I just typically stay silent, why bother responding to show that I listened to them when I know they're just going to keep complaining at me? Maybe I should just respond with "Acknowledged" or "Understood" in the future. At least that way if they respond with "It's not acknowledged/understood!" I can reply with "Maybe not on your end."

20. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Waiting to hear from my recruitment agency about my unfair dismissal only to be told I wasn't fired. Uh, I'm not being paid anymore, so I believe I was. It looks like I may have a legal battle on my hands just to stand up for myself. Ugh.