1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. ConfusticatedPony

lol I was joking anyway

Cloudane likes this.
  2. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

When you just finished cleaning up the kitchen at work and some Muppet thinks it's a great idea to order a dessert!

3. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

This doggo's a lot bigger than his lead so it's probably fine that way, but it can't be that much fun either

He gets left to roam around pestering people for food though. On the owner be it when someone feeds him too much and it ends up splattered across the carpet back home...

4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I think a lot of American words used to be in UK use, I think Railroad was used in the UK in the early 19th century.

Parthidens likes this.
  5. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

General topic: people saying they'll attend a thing (usually a party) and then not bother turning up.

Specific examples: 1. Last year, a friend invited me and a few other people to their house, with plenty of notice (over a month if I remember rightly). This person is generally fairly private, so an invite to their house is a big thing, but less than a week before, the other people suddenly dropped out, so I felt duty-bound to go along to represent everyone from that faction of this person's life. Just annoyed on their behalf that I was the only one who made the effort.

2. Last night, another friend had invited a lot of people (including me) to theirs for their birthday. I arrived and . . . no-one else turned up, so it ended up being just the two of us sitting and drinking. No problem, of course, with two friends spending an evening together, but I feel sorry for my friend who had gone to all this effort, got drinks, made food, prepared music, and everything else, all for . . . well, nothing. :/

My granddad always maintained that if someone invites you somewhere (particularly to their house), you should go (or at least make a reasonable effort to go, because of course other things do pop up). If they've invited you, then they've thought of you, and decided that they want to spend that time with you. It just irks me that some people can be so thoughtless as to not bother when someone has gone to all that effort. :/

6. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yeah it had to say you are coming and not do in the end. Like you say when people go to effect of buying food. Whilst it can be hard to coordinate a date everyone can come if in invitation is for a day or two. But one month is plenty of time to commit yourself.

Parthidens likes this.
  7. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I feel for your friend last night. It's pretty sad to hear but at the very least you had a decent night together. You're a good friend!