1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. ConfusticatedPony

ConfusticatedPony Active Pony

lol I was joking anyway

Cloudane likes this.
  2. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

When you just finished cleaning up the kitchen at work and some Muppet thinks it's a great idea to order a dessert!

3. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

This doggo's a lot bigger than his lead so it's probably fine that way, but it can't be that much fun either

He gets left to roam around pestering people for food though. On the owner be it when someone feeds him too much and it ends up splattered across the carpet back home...

4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I think a lot of American words used to be in UK use, I think Railroad was used in the UK in the early 19th century.

5. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

General topic: people saying they'll attend a thing (usually a party) and then not bother turning up.

Specific examples: 1. Last year, a friend invited me and a few other people to their house, with plenty of notice (over a month if I remember rightly). This person is generally fairly private, so an invite to their house is a big thing, but less than a week before, the other people suddenly dropped out, so I felt duty-bound to go along to represent everyone from that faction of this person's life. Just annoyed on their behalf that I was the only one who made the effort.

2. Last night, another friend had invited a lot of people (including me) to theirs for their birthday. I arrived and . . . no-one else turned up, so it ended up being just the two of us sitting and drinking. No problem, of course, with two friends spending an evening together, but I feel sorry for my friend who had gone to all this effort, got drinks, made food, prepared music, and everything else, all for . . . well, nothing. :/

My granddad always maintained that if someone invites you somewhere (particularly to their house), you should go (or at least make a reasonable effort to go, because of course other things do pop up). If they've invited you, then they've thought of you, and decided that they want to spend that time with you. It just irks me that some people can be so thoughtless as to not bother when someone has gone to all that effort. :/

6. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yeah it had to say you are coming and not do in the end. Like you say when people go to effect of buying food. Whilst it can be hard to coordinate a date everyone can come if in invitation is for a day or two. But one month is plenty of time to commit yourself.

Parthidens likes this.
  7. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I feel for your friend last night. It's pretty sad to hear but at the very least you had a decent night together. You're a good friend!

8. Cloudane

I guess somewhat related to what people have posted before regarding friends agreeing to some engagement then pulling out at the last second when someone else gives them a better offer...

Getting a million and one reschedules / cancellations / re-creations from scratch, of the same meeting. Generally when the actual organiser has the workplace equivalent of the dreaded Better Offer. I understand the odd one when someone has a last minute holiday or some genuine emergency of greater importance comes up, but this is several times per meeting in this place...
    It's like being trolled constantly with "this is an important thing we need to talk about... nah just kidding, something more important than you guys has come up! Maybe next week!"
    The urge to reply-all to one of them with "please can we either commit firmly to a meeting or not at all" is a strong one...

Suppose I should be glad they're using and abusing the meeting request thing these days instead of just organising one and not turning up.

9. moody magpie

After going to Brighton today seagulls!

10. GatewaytoGlimmer

And their football team had the nerve to nickname themselves after the bloody things :p

11. moody magpie

Personally I rather be a magpie than a seagull (Newcastle United fan BTW!)

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  12. GatewaytoGlimmer

I support Palace so I can't imagine myself being a seagull xD

13. moody magpie

I feel your pain!

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  14. Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Hurricane Well-Known Pony

The Allams. Owners of Hull City AFC. Since they couldn't have their own way in changing the club's name they have over the years stripped the club of its best players and rush in loan deals on the last day of the transfer window.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club was in the relegation zone for the entirety of the 18/19 season.

The club is a poisoned chalice and for the good of the club they need to leave.

15. moody magpie

Sounds pretty much like my team Newcastle United!

16. GatewaytoGlimmer

On Twitter Southeastern (the train operator) are doing a fun little game with its followers buy showing a photo of a station from yesteryear and you guess where it is. I love playing it for the nostalgia alone and it shows a nice little interaction between the social media staff and their followers.

However you get these moany idiots saying things "Stop posting this and tell me where my bloody train is!" or "Is the train (in the photo) on time?" or some rubbish. Seriously just have a day off, these people behind the account have a stressful job and they're just trying to have a bit of fun.

DerpyWhooves, Mane25 and Wonderbolt like this.
  17. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I really like fun marketing campaigns like this plus it shows their social marketing know the railway. It's a lot more engaging that social media just being about compliants.

18. GatewaytoGlimmer

I could be wrong, but I believe one of the social media staff knows his stuff about trains. I see him/her talking to enthusiasts :p

Parthidens and Wonderbolt like this.
  19. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

This heat. It’s making it hard to sleep properly and also sapping my energy.

Twice today I’ve missed my stop due to dozing off on the bus.

20. Cloudane

Every site now throwing a massive "we care about your privacy! Please click agree!" box in your face when you visit. Can you please care about my uninterrupted browsing experience instead? You have to not collect personal data so just don't collect personal data so that you don't have to worry about shoving massive pop ups in my face. Ta.