1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. sten whik

sten whik Space

2016, not sure what you're getting at though.

2. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

Re: the Galar suggestion. I probably get the year confused with the 1001 Thieves thingy.

3. sten whik

sten whik Space

Still don't know what you're getting at though. Are you saying that the London inspired Ryme should be in the Hawaiian inspired Alola?

4. Cendaquenta

I think what Cuttles is saying is that Detective Pikachu probably isn't linked to the Sword/Shield games, since it came out before even the previous generation, Sun/Moon.

5. sten whik

sten whik Space

If that's the case I don't see any logic as to why a game that came out in the past can't be linked to one coming in the future retrospectively or even prospectively if they've been planning future regions (X&Y teased Alola by the way).

6. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree with this one. I am aware of the rocky reputation, but honestly I don't follow or use game reviews anymore. After being told games are bad, and loving them after playing, I end up actually trying games for myself. Though that's more general, than Sonic specific, I do know a number of Sonic games gotten not so great reviews in recent years. I don't think a movie is going to kill the Sonic series. Will admit, they did slow up on getting the games out to take more time on them. Personal note, I'm also very happy Sega has brought out their other series to the west. Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of my favorites, and I got Shining Resonance Refrain for my brithday last month and loving it. So I'm happy they're also doing more than just Sonic.

That's how I took it really. Video game movies are rarely faithful to the source material, so I anticipated Sonic not looking exactly like Sonic. Movie looks fun otherwise, and I'm looking forward to it. Not one I would see day one, but at least a "once while it's in theaters" kind of movie. Though the director said he's going to make changes to Sonic's model because people were unhappy. I hope he can pull it off, even if it just means tweaking the character model to look better too. While Detective Pikachu looks faithful, I'd say it's one of the few examples of game movies being faithful. Honestly, I want to see both being a fan of Pokemon and Sonic.

7. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

These stupid bed bugs that have invested my apartment as of late.

8. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Those middle lane drivers on the motorway. Get back on the left side of the motorway until you need to over take. :mad:

9. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Saying "Like my Post/Status/whatever if" Is the ultimate way to guaranteeing that I won't like your post/status/whatever.

Like if you agree..

(Or don't..Just being Ironic :p)

Parthidens likes this.
  10. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

On a similar note, those slightly guilt-trippy ones that say 'I think I know who will like/share this'.

11. Snowyshy

The fact Bethesda is literally selling an empty box to Switch owners who want a physical game.

I'm ok with download only games, I buy them myself (Puyo Puyo Champions comes to mind), however there is a big difference between saying "this game will be released digitally only onto the eShop," vs. selling an empty box with download code to people who want a Switch game on a cartridge.

Yeah, this annoys me at the moment.

Loganberry likes this.
  12. Cendaquenta

Overly friendly flies. Got the door open for a breeze and so that the dog can come and go, and not only is the local insect population buzzing in and out like it's the local high street, but they keep cruising past a few inches from my face, as if to make absolutely sure I've noticed them. Yes, tiny vermin, your war-plane-esque sound effects did clue me in to your presence.

13. Snowyshy

Being matched up with bad teammates in Apex Legends. Like, stop it. I'm getting tired of being eliminated within the first 30 seconds because these players want to land where everyone is landing.

Honestly, because of the teamwork and the respawn system, I like Apex Legends over the other battle royale game I've tried. Being matched up with bad teammates who won't do teamwork, makes it a lot less fun. When matched up with good teammates that work together, it's a fun time, I even won a few games because of good teammates.

Another gaming related annoyance, but still an annoyance nonetheless.

14. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

The lines at Bronycon.

15. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

A friend of mine who can't help but to spoil games and things. He doesn't mean harm, but like he's spoiled a few things about a variety of games over the last year or so. And often its to do with the death of characters, meaning that when the time comes I don't feel as much because I was expecting. He even told me a character turns out not to be dead in a game I'm playing right now and now I won't get the fun emotion of realising the guy wasn't actually dead

16. sten whik

sten whik Space

And now you've spoiled it for the rest of us (hint: it doesn't take a lot to work out which game it was after your post in the "Your Day of Gaming" thread) . :confused::p Luckily I'm not that invested in getting said game (as I'm obsessed with space sci-fi games at the moment) and am waiting for it to go far down in price before I get it for my ever growing Switch backlog so will possibly have forgotten by then, however usually my brain will narrow in on a spoiler and I can't ever forget about it.

17. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

And now you've spoiled it for me, because I'm a doofus who couldn't put two and two together until you said it outright! Luckily, I don't like the series in general.

18. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

Ah hecc, uh sorry? assuming we're all talking about the same character?
    Dedue is the one I'm talking about
    I can add spoiler tags to my post if you think it would be best?

19. sten whik

sten whik Space

I'm confidant you would have worked it out, I just accidentally sped you along a little. :confused:

Doesn't matter which character it is, the moment one dies I'll know they'll likely be coming back.

It would save any other of our Switch fan forum members from also being spoiled. :p

Edit: What annoys me? A massive fly just flew into my milkshake and started washing itself in it. :mad:

#12759 sten whik, 12 August 2019
    Last edited: 12 August 2019
    Bexa164 likes this.
  20. Snowyshy

When I have YouTube for TV on and full length videos are used for ads. Whether they're 5 minutes, or 40 minutes long. Honestly, it makes me not want to check out said YouTube channel ever. If I wanted to watch said video, I would have looked it up in the first place. Really annoying.

Robshi, sean retro and Cendaquenta like this.