1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. sten whik

sten whik Space

I will often make the effort to change to spelling American in American chat servers as a courtesy. :p

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

"Mom" is West Midlands dialect over here. I do agree it looks strange when someone's posting otherwise standard British English. But go around any churchyard in these parts and you'll see "Mom" on at least a few gravestones.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

I've been increasingly incorporating American English into my lexicon in recent times. "Pants" for trousers just feels easier to use and more versatile to me, for example. I just go with whatever feels better in each case.

Rare80 likes this.
  4. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Apparently, HP Lovecraft insisted that the title of his story 'The Colour Out of Space' was spelt with the U. He was American, but he was also an Anglophile.