1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What did you dream last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, 4 June 2013.

1. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

That sounds amazing :D

My dream was set in my house which I think was simultaneously my parents' house. I was following my cat up through the house and he kept meowing and disappearing into gaps in the skirting boards and finding new rooms.

We ended up in the attic which looked like a library and I was all excited that I had an abandoned library at the top of my house. It was all white breeze blocks and looked like it hadn't been finished but they'd put the books in anyway and just left it.

Then I was walking around some more and realised it wasn't a library and was actually a Waterstones. I said "but no one works here" and then a group of people sitting at a desk all turned around, looking offended. Then I was left wondering what the top of my house connected to that it would have a Waterstones in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cendaquenta likes this.
  2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I dreamed I owned this whole assortment of lizards and snakes - a dozen of them at least - and was letting them play in the back garden. A snake and a lizard were fighting a bit, then an evil version of the next-door neighbour came over the fence and killed them. :( Then we started finding loads of random dogs around the house or straying outside, so of course, had to bring them in to take care of them, so the dream became all about keeping the dogs and reptiles apart. (One of the dogs turned out to belong to a friend of mine who in-dream was suddenly living directly across the street.) Then there was a part about putting birdfeeders into the garden, and golden eagles and bald eagles started coming to them.

Yeah, you wouldn't guess I'd been binging pet care videos before bed.

Parthidens, Cuttleshock and Bexy164 like this.
  3. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I had a dream last night similar to Cendaquentas, the house was full of black and white cats and a pet Koala bear among other animals. Other people had just brought them round and left them there =p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  4. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Dreamed that I was watching the first episode of the next series of Doctor Who, with the 13th Doctor, and was absolutely loving it, the character was super nerdy and everything I hoped she'd be. But then there was an ad break (on BBC, dream logic) so I started reading during that and by the time I looked up from the book, the episode was over, I'd missed all but the first 3 minutes and was panicking that I'd never get to see it. (I think iPlayer wasn't working or something.)
    Then there was something about Netflix suddenly becoming a big seller of pet reptiles and associated products. One of the flats in the block where I used to live had become a physical shop for them so I went in there and it wasn't nice, very dark, very small tanks. I spent that dream criticising their whole setup.

DerpyWhooves, Cuttleshock and Bexy164 like this.
  5. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

So I had this really good dream which I now don't remember. I woke up and went to sleep again and I dreamt that I posted about it in the what did you dream last night thread.

DerpyWhooves and Cuttleshock like this.
  6. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

That I went so London and randomly saw a mlp meet there so went and joined in.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  7. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Anxiety-driven dreams about anything that could potentially go wrong with a baby gecko. It escaped, it got too cold, the enclosure got infested with bugs...

8. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

The guy who used to pick on me and my friend at school suddenly reformed and, on our last day at school, gave us both engraved pens that apologised for his behaviour. Thing is, I felt a little guilty because only minutes before, I'd thrown something or made some rude gesture at him.

DerpyWhooves and Wonderbolt like this.
  9. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

I was at some kind of event or meetup with the presenters from OutsideXbox and about 15 fans, and for some reason Jane (one of the presenters) asked me to pour drinks for everyone into some disposable plastic cups, which for some reason I was trying to balance on the seat of a sofa. There were a few smallish bottles to provide drinks for all ~20 of us, so that was a worry, but it was a nice experience to be addressed by name by people I follow on YouTube. Then we were in central Pakistan which was apparently used as training for astronauts to simulate harsh extraterrestrial environments, being shown round by a woman with more than a hint of the Icelandic mayor-type character from that Skyr advert.

It all made sense, I swear.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Ironically Astronauts did train on Iceland in the 1960s as it simulated the moon quite well.

Parthidens likes this.
  11. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

OK I'll share this one.

I dreamt last night that the Pound Sterling was abolished as a currency and replaced by two currencies: one called the "British Krona", and one called the "Monday".

The catch was that the week was divided in to two and you could only spend or use "Mondays" on Sundays to Tuesdays, and only spend or use Krona on Wednesdays to Saturdays - and shops had to have two prices on everything for use on their relevant days. The two currencies each had their own coins and notes, and their own separate banking system and central bank - so everyone needed to have separate bank accounts and credit cards for Krona and Mondays.

At the time, the Monday was trading at a slightly lower value than the Krona. The initial value of the Krona when it was introduced was 9 Krona/pound, whereas the Monday was initially 12 Mondays/pound. As it happened, people didn't really like using Mondays, it was perceived as a flimsy currency and as a result most people kept most of their savings in Krona and only kept enough Mondays to tide them over from Sunday to Tuesday.

There seemed to be no logical basis for the switch to this bizarre system and everyone seemed to complain about it but, apparently, it was something that UKIP had campaigned for and was thus seen as unavoidable.

Also, I woke up with "Manic Monday" by The Bangles stuck in my head.

12. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Just a little one here... I was staying with my mum and for some reason she was watching football (she hates it in RL!). When I came into the living room, she said, "It's so awful what happened with the Moon" and wouldn't explain further. So despite not having the TV remote, I put up the Red Button text and was trying to find the right page. My mum then said, "And they can't even really follow any of the precedents".

I was about to ask what she meant, but suddenly the TV picture went back full-screen and showed the mascots lining up before kick-off -- which was weird, as the game had been going for at least an hour. And one of them was a massive animatronic Derpy, flapping her wings -- which were Celestia-sized at least. Then the whole crowd (which I seemed to be part of by this point) started chanting, "Mooooooon!" and everything disappeared -- not just went dark, but totally disappeared. I woke up at that point and I'm not sure whether to be frustrated or relieved! :p

13. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I dreamt that there was an objective and quantitative system for determining how good YouTube videos are. Videos could be analysed by an automated system to determine this precisely, and you could get a browser add on which displays the ranking of each video you watch. It was precise to the extent that if a video was ranked, say, 10,372nd of all YouTube, it would be objectively slightly better than the 10,373rd and slightly worse than the 10,371st.

This was an unofficial add-on, Google didn't like the idea and preferred that people relied on their algorithms which recommends videos by commercial criteria. As it happened though the top few dozen ranked videos weren't particularly popular because they tended to be quite stuffy high-art type videos, like recitations of classical poetry and music and the like, so people using the list would generally look further down for more entertainment-type videos.

14. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I can imagine if that was real, google being just like that lol

Mane25 likes this.
  15. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Some Equestria Girls storyline where the villain stole Twi, Rainbow and Fluttershy's wings, and the girls had to trick them to get them back. But something went wrong when it came to Fluttershy, so she ended up with one wing and a giant rabbit's ear sticking out of her shoulders.

Parthidens and Bexy164 like this.
  16. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

Dreamt that family members introduced me to this blond fella, but I was suspicious because I was certain the only reason they did this was to try and 'set us up'. (my family doesn't exactly have form for doing this sort of thing, but any time my mum hears about me having a male friend, she wants me to - incorrectly - admit that I'm seeing him). I was rather annoyed that I ended up liking the fella. Though it was quite nice to have family approval in this area, for once.

The main thing that struck me about the dream is the fact that supposedly we're only able to dream about faces we've seen before IRL. And I definitely got a good look this guy's face, so the question is - where have I seen him before?

17. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Was he Thor? (@;

18. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

Don't think so, he wasn't overly buff

19. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

That I went on holiday to Reykjavik, highlights included eating some cake in a cafe and joining in playing a game with locals that was a cross between Rugby and Roller derby and being rather good at it.

20. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I was travelling down the pathway and it was coincidentally night time when this happened. Anyways I was walking down the road where Boyn Hill Nursery is located probably going back home when I see Mimi Labonq from 'Allo Allo walking by. I instantly recognise so I try and call out to her but at this point I was too far so I went after her. Did I end up catching up her or interacting with her? No idea because the dream becomes very inclusive at that point on that outcome. I also saw a LEGO Egyptian like mural that depicted Aladdin, Jasmine and Jafar on there. Other than that, that was pretty much my dream right there.