1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What did you dream last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, 4 June 2013.

1. sten whik

sten whik Space

I was stuck with a fast vampire monster thing in a locked-down skyscraper. I survived until I woke up by hiding in a lift and going to the top floors and back to the lower floors in a loop (couldn't go to the same floors in case it was lying in wait). Every so often just after the door closed on a lower floor I'd hear the vampire grumbling about having to walk up the stairs again. :p

2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Dreamed about the forum. @Pigasus posted that he was watching Brother Bear, and the whole of LPW got into an extensive debate on the theme of family, which the dream showed as us passing notes around in a car. A new member, who was quite conservative, was staunchly arguing that people are obligated to love their families no matter what, whereas I held the position that it very much depends on the family. The debate then moved on to gender, because supposedly there'd been some trumped-up controversy in the more insane parts of the internet that "Harry Potter turns kids trans" (something to do with Bellatrix Lestrange I think? :confused:).

Aaand then my brain decided the politics were getting a bit heavy and supplied Cute Baby Hippos for the rest of the night. :D

3. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I hope I was still around when the hippos turned up! They're basically waterpiggies :3

4. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Funny, I had an LPW dream last night, it wasn't very memorable or really enough to write about. We were all playing some videogame only I wasn't very good at it because it was on one of those newfangled machines with a strange controller.

Bexy164 and Cendaquenta like this.
  5. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

I was a contestant on the Apprentice, and our task involved setting up some kind of entourage to welcome people to a particular airport, and when it was all set up, Lord Sugar (or at least someone acting on his behalf) made sure that the crowd had a balance of people who voted Remain and Leave in the EU referendum (it didn't). A handful of our team were then led upstairs by Karren Brady, and while I thought it was to a business meeting, it turned out our contact was just a fan who wanted some autographs from a select few of us.

6. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

There was a concert with an orchestra playing music from the soundtracks of various David Attenborough nature documentaries, and I think Attenborough himself was going to be there to give an introductory speech. Unfortunately the concert hall had like five floors and they were all filled with very busy gift shops and I was missing the concert because I got lost in those shops trying to find someone I'd come to the event with.
    Then there was something like a very drawn-out chase scene with... I think Envy and Wrath from FMAB? :confused: (Wrath chasing, Envy being chased.) The dream was following Envy and I swear the two of them went Benny Hill around a whole city. It was actually pretty cool, setting aside the "primal fear of pursuit" thing.

7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

That the current Archbishop of Liverpool became the Pope so I was elected as the New Archbishop of Liverpool even though I didn't want to be and didn't even go to church, I then kept getting lobbied by Gay groups to try and change the Catholic churches stance on homosexuality even though I kept telling them I didn't want to be the Archbishop and that I was indifferent to what the stance was either way.

8. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

While minding my own business, I heard someone singing Welcome to the Show from Rainbow Rocks. It sounded like the most beautiful thing ever, and I saw other people drawn toward it before I realised it actually was the Dazzling/Sirens singing. So I used the last of my mental strength to borrow a ridiculously loud amplifier, plug my own guitar into it (and a microphone) and literally played both of the Rainbooms' parts over them. After that, they came looking for me, seemingly wanting a physical confrontation, so I had to scare them off with some metal licks and by literally screaming in their ears.

I think I know which song I'll be practicing when I get my hands on my guitar later... ;)

Parthidens and Mane25 like this.
  9. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Cadbury's had lost the rights to produce Dairy Milk chocolate. In the logic of the dream, these rights were granted by the government on a franchise basis, a bit like train operating companies, and in a franchise review Cadbury's were outbid by some unknown newcomer having held the right's for over 100 years.

Initially people were quite happy about this because, after all, Dairy Milk isn't the same as it used to be - perhaps these newcomers would do a better job of it. But Cadbury's and their owners felt cheated, and in the weeks leading up to the franchise handover they attempted to gain public sympathy - in part with heavy marketing, special edition chocolate bars, and switching to retro packaging styles in an attempt to tap in to people's nostalgia. This somewhat worked and sales were at an all time high.

When the day of the handover came about, it turned out that the new franchise holder was unready and couldn't get their own Dairy Milk bars out in time - so Cadbury's were allowed to continue producing them on a temporary basis, which was a major PR success for them giving them grounds to appeal. At that point I woke up so I don't know how it turned out.

Parthidens likes this.
  10. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Had some proper weird dream I was in a boarding school of some sorts and my teacher was the comedian Greg Davies (who of course use to be a real teacher), but he acted horribly and was so strict he didn't even let me complete my homework. Can't remember the rest of it, details a little fuzzy :p

11. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Very weird dreams.
    Something about zombies or similar, in which I think I was climbing around shelves in some kind of huge gift shop in order to avoid the creatures on the floor.
    Then a long complex dream heavily inspired by Voltron in which my character accidentally became a paladin after the previous holder of the position was paralyzed by a spinal injury. My character broke into some spaceship to steal a special paladin suit, had to use it to escape in an emergency and the suit "bonded" to them.

12. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

Dreamt that I was driving in the middle of nowhere, crashed on a sidewalk, got out and then walked all the way to this creepy mansion which had...zombies inside, I think? My memories for my dreams are really hazy.

13. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

I just had a sinister dream last night where my poor little Pinkie Pie plush, despite their being no electronics in whatsoever just pure plushy soft stuff, was screaming louder and louder: because I didn't give her my attention for a few days!

She stopped making those screams when I took her to bed with me however JUST before I woke up.

What is it with making Pinkie Pie so cute but also creepy at the same time?! :confused:

14. sten whik

sten whik Space

I haven't a clue what caused this dream. I haven't even seen anything with a bear in for months...

Anyway I went somewhere where a bear and a load of cubs were loose and ran into them.
    Just before I was to be mauled I booped the bear on the nose and it became friendly.
    Lots of people around me said things like "My god, he's a bear whisperer".
    After that a load wildlife keepers came with cages to transport the bears somewhere better.
    But the cubs could just slip through the bars of the cages so they asked me to carry them.
    They only gave me two of the cubs though and wouldn't answer whenever I asked where the others went.
    The cubs would bite at me but stopped for a bit whenever I moved their snout.
    The decided mode of transport was a ridable miniature railway.
    So I sat atop a miniature carriage with two bear cubs and travelled; a load of scared people sitting on other carriages.
    Then I handed over the cubs at the destination.
    The end.

#1094 sten whik, 29 January 2018
    Last edited: 29 January 2018
    Parthidens, Cendaquenta and Bexy164 like this.
  15. Recurrent Trotting

had the most bronyish dream the other night - I dreamed I saw the movie sold in a shop in a huge box like old computer games :D it was a very pleasing dream which ended with me squeaking with excitement

I think it was inspired by going to buy movie CCG cards and being frustrated the other day :s I asked forbidden planet and they said "we bought a box" I mean one friggin box D: also frustration at lack of movie. And the awesomeness of this song

Mane25 likes this.
  16. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I dreamed the other night I was a puppy - Labrador, I think. I belonged to this little girl who lived with her grandmother. The gran had an older dog who didn't like me much. The house had a basement with bouncy castles and stuff in it, and at one point the girl trapped puppy-me inside one so she could run off to the ice-cream van or suchlike. She didn't come back so I was trying to get the attention of her gran and the big dog so they could go find her. Unfortunately the dream ended before I found out if she was alright.

17. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I dreamt that I couldn't get to sleep, and that I ended up waking up at 4 having only had half an hour's sleep.

When I woke up from that it turned out that I'd actually had a very good night's sleep.

Pigasus likes this.
  18. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I've had a dream like this before. It messed with my brain and I felt dreadful the next morning.

19. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Yup, happened to me too - I dreamed quite recently I'd just woken up, Mother was trying to start some long involved discussion and I was waving her away going, "I'm still basically asleep, blurgh". Of course, I was entirely asleep...

On topic, last night I had a really cool dream about Voltron and barely remember any of it. :c

20. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

Dreamt I had Katie Hopkins as a guest lecturer but once I discovered she was trying to use maths as propaganda against foreigners, I shouted at her and left. Apparently there'd be consequences for that but I never found out what

Bexy164, Parthidens and Cendaquenta like this.