1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What did you dream last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, 4 June 2013.

1. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I had a rather grisly dream of committing a mass murder. After then waking up and falling back asleep I had a strange dream of getting separated from a friend and then playing snooker at a lone bar somewhere.

This has now been followed by a strange dream where I was trying to escape Penn and Teller of all people across some fields. :confused:

#1101 Robshi, 6 April 2018
    Last edited: 8 April 2018
    Thomas+Ponies likes this.
  2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Dreamed I was one of a group of pensioners, a la Still Game. There was a community Halloween party going on in a wee park, so we went along (in costume as the three witches from Macbeth, I think). Turned out the party was boring, just loads of people sitting on the ground so you couldn't move for them. There was a temporary kitchen set up overflowing with sweets, so me and the other old ladies just decided, "hey, this is a washout... let's steal All The Candy, go back up to one of our flats and have our own party". And promptly did so.
    When we were halfway up the block of flats the theft was discovered and a bit of a ruckus started up below. We all panicked and everything went a bit Yakety Sax as we tried to not get caught. Ended up hiding in the lift with an older gent (and his adorable terrier dog), who'd apparently done something actually serious and was going up to the roof to escape by helicopter. He found the whole candy caper endlessly amusing...

3. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

I had a dream last night where I was in A Quiet Place! :eek:

4. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I dreamt that it was September already, and I didn't notice the whole summer had passed just because I wasn't paying attention. Had to check my calendar when I woke up to be sure.

5. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Some friends from school walked in me playing guitar, then I watched some fans line up to meet a guy who claimed to be Morrissey (even though logically, he should have been the musician, he was some kind of hybrid of the musician with the actors David and Neil Morrissey). Many fans were aspiring musicians, and he politely humoured them by pretending to know their songs, claiming he loved their most recent work, and so on.

6. The Dark Horse

I had a dream recently where I was fighting Thanos head on (when he had all the Infinity Stones)! :cool: The result remains unknown cause I woke up before we could finish it.

7. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I was a student at Equestria Girls' CHS, when Starlight Glimmer hypnotised the entire student body into her followers (basically what Sunset did at the end of the first film). For whatever reason, I was unnaffected, so everyone else was basically hunting me down. I managed to gather a resistance and came up with a plan that involved using loud music to snap everyone out of it, but found out they were under Starlight's control and had been faking. Just when I thought I'd woken up from that, I found my family also affected. Creepy.

Maybe a bit less fanfiction before bed tonight... :p

8. The Dark Horse

I have a lot of dreams where my cameras die out while I'm at a BronyScot and I end up not catching anything from the convention and I end up distressed at that :( But then when I wake up I become relieved :)

I wonder if this is just because of how anxious yet nervous-cited I always am about the upcoming convention until the day it happens.
    I am quite a nervous person but it does ease off eventually the longer I'm at BronyScot.

9. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Really cool dream involving an invented Layton game, Mario Kart and deep Pokémon theorising. If I take nothing else from it, I should at least write down the idea for an 'Icebreaker' HM move. The Pokémon theory was all about the nature of water in-universe, how its physics and composition are special and how fish Pokémon breathe differently.

The overall dream was pretty incoherent but I had a lot of fun experiencing it - I even came up with a whole consistent Mario Kart course and had a really intense race around it with no doubt very interesting and unexpected characters.

The Layton setting was one I swear is recurring in my dreams - kind of a dark town almost hidden in plain sight in the middle of a bigger town/city, though it's not easy to find your way in. When I say 'dark', I mean it seems to be perpetual night - possibly because it's shaded from the sky due to having a tiered structure that gradually descends some way below the Earth, like a great coal-mining pit or such. It shares an atmosphere with all my favourite Layton settings (those of Layton 2 and 5).

Cendaquenta likes this.
  10. Cuttleshock

Dreamt I had one maths exam left this year, and that it was going pretty poorly. I was in tears about it, I think.

Also I was playing or watching new Layton during breaks? I still haven't actually played Lady Layton, but I'm not sure if that makes it more or less surprising that I'd dream about it.

11. The Dark Horse

I had a recent bad dream where I forgot and left my video camera at home as I went to this year's BronyScot! It felt SO horrible! I didn't want to contact my parents to retrieve it because it is such a long journey between Edinburgh and Glasgow! I feel so relieved that it was a dream but I still feel worried that I'm gonna forget it for real by the time BronyScot officially happens!

12. Cuttleshock

One dream involved a cool new setting. Hard to describe, like, futuristic houses on a mountain plateau?, but I'm eager to see if it comes up in future dreams. This and the setting of the other dream were almost certainly inspired in part by my recent holiday to a mountainous spot in northern Italy.

Another involved a forest trail late at night and ghosts. There were two paths from our group's camp to where we wanted to go, so myself and one other person from our group went out to scout and find out which path would be best to take. There were swarms of horrible biggish red fly-mosquito things that I was aware signalled the not-too-distant presence of ghosts, so I got nervous every time we had to cover ourselves and get past one of those. To the left of the path we took was mostly a sheer rock face; to the right, a steep descent.

At a certain point, I saw something, my throat dried up and I tried frantically to motion to my partner (alongside some primal throat-noises, all that I seemed capable of producing) to stand down and watch. We saw a ghostly child holding a sword a little way to the left of the path. They didn't seem to notice us, walked towards the rock wall and seemingly vanished into a tall but narrow crack in it. I don't know why this inspired such terror in us but after the spectre was gone, my partner and I swiftly made our way back to camp, where I had a drink and could finally speak properly again.

The dream ended around there. There were a lot more details, such as a ghostly theatrical performance in front of our camp, and myself continually losing items (including the shoes off my feet??), but that scene is what really stuck with me. I'm... someone who fancies themselves a rational person, channels Velma Dinkley, tries to be quite disbelieving of all things supernatural, but after that dream, I might take a more conservative stance on that front and have more respect for the paranormal.

Parthidens and Cendaquenta like this.
  13. Cendaquenta

*would attempt to befriend sword-wielding ghost child*

14. sten whik

sten whik Space

I dreamt of the flapping wings of crows but awoke to find a butterfly asleep on my nose.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  15. Cendaquenta

Is that a quote from something?

16. sten whik

sten whik Space

Nope just happened to sound rhymey.

17. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Had a nap earlier and dreamt that there was an animated Doctor Who episode on TV, but because I couldn't stay awake I didn't catch most of it but thought it was an old one because Clara was in it.

Then I was in a Star Wars-themed café, more specifically droid-themed because there was R2-D2 and C-3PO merch everywhere. Then the real R2 and 3PO were there.

I was on the street outside the café with my husband and we were inside a roleplaying game where he was playing, and therefore looked like, a gungan (not Jar-Jar). He then fell down a long flight of old, blue stone steps which were misty at the bottom. My character must have been able to float because I ended up next to him and asked "you ok, Jar-Jar?" (He was ok.)

These steps led underground to the home of one of Mr Derpy's gaming friends, and there were lots of them there. Except that I didn't recognise anyone there, despite knowing them all irl. They were all sitting on different levels of these long stone steps and talking about starting a new roleplaying group called The Sisters (even though most of them were guys). The Mr was saying to one guy "oh you won't join our main roleplaying group but you'll start The Sisters".

I was down the hall, sitting on the floor surrounded by animals and someone commented that that I looked like Fluttershy. Then I was sending the Mr out to buy a Mother's Day present and someone around the table (we were around a big dining table at that point) said that they had some flowers. The flowers said something sad on the wrapper though, so I couldn't give those to my mum. Then I realised we weren't invited to Mum's on Sunday and I woke up and realised it's July and I didn't need to get a Mother's Day present after all. (It is her birthday next week though, so that must have been on my mind.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parthidens and Cendaquenta like this.
  18. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Glad to see times have moved on, back it the day cantinas didn't serve "their kind"

19. Cuttleshock

Cool dreams... big tall spire of rock, an underwater city, and strange D10 mechanics. A little Splatoon, a little World of Warcraft, a little Banjo-Kazooie.

20. Cuttleshock

Pinnacle of my weird dreams last night involved seeing a big shaggy white dog jumping out a first-floor window, connected by a network of leashes to at least eight smaller dogs who were dragged along. As far as I could tell, they were all fine!

Pigasus and Parthidens like this.