1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What did you dream last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, 4 June 2013.

1. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

The night before I dreamt I was at a convention with a friend, saw a vendor with a cool Ember print and some pony comics. I went away and came back and was sad to see the vendor had closed up before I could buy any of them. I guess my brain wanted to relive the convention I went to just over a week ago.

2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

I dreamt about moving house again. We'd bought both of a semidetached pair of houses so the idea was to renovate them into one really big house. Since there was so much extra space and a whole other garden and such we decided to get another dog. Adopted a greyhound, but the shelter (or wherever we were adopting from) also brought over multiple dogs for consideration and I fell in love with one and just couldn't give her back, so, what the heck, we have three dogs now. I don't remember what the greyhound was called, but the third dog was a small Staffie mix named Scruffydog. I don't know why, she was short-haired...
    Anyway the dream then turned into trying to keep our new pack of pets under control and in one place at a time in order to keep an eye on them, which wasn't an easy task since the two newbies were escape artists. One sequence involved the greyhound getting over the back fence while Scruffydog sprinted across the front garden directly into a road, swiftly followed by another segment wherein Scruffydog went missing overnight and it was discovered she'd got stuck in the garden of the left-hand house while everyone else spent the night in the right-hand house.

This was all interspersed with completely unrelated LotR-themed interludes.

Pigasus likes this.
  3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

An excerpt from my dream featured a 'gym' that was being used for that purpose but was obviously just Walleye Warehouse from Splatoon (at least to start with, though it changed shape between scenes).

There was an electronic keyboard (it being an instrument has nothing to do with this, but the layout was based on one) near the entrance that served as an exercise aid: it had various deeply intriguing settings in lieu of the usual volume, instrument, etc. options, though the only ones I remember were 'Gravity' and 'Weight'. Both had a simple 7-segment display showing their current values, and adjusting them, sure enough, changed the force of gravity, respectively the weight of everything (including the people), in the gym. If it sounds like that's the same thing... it is.

So when I walked back into the gym and discovered this keyboard, I saw that the settings were 'Gravity' at 22 and 'Weight' at 0.33, and that these counteracted one another (everything felt normal). Note that despite the inconsistency here, both settings were meant to be ratios, so 22 meant 22g and 0.33 meant a third of normal weight. Also, there's another person in the room with me a little way away from the keyboard, but that isn't too relevant.

So it came into my head to try setting both as low as they could go and have some fun! I tried to do this... and, instead, due to the rubber buttons being finicky, accidentally raised 'Weight' to 1 before I could lower 'Gravity' entirely - I think it was at 3 or 4 when 'Weight' got increased.

I promptly felt this huge force of gravity on me and it was horrible, oppressive and I could hardly move. My breathing grew shallow, my heart palpitated, my vision became fuzzy and I began to panic. I urgently needed to lower the settings back to 1g. But now, no matter what I tried, for every few times I lowered 'Gravity', it jumped back up to where it was before or higher, again because of the poor connectors under the buttons.

This panic went on for a minute or two and before I was able to resolve the situation, I woke up, my arms feeling a little tingly (I'd rolled onto my left side at some point). Sadly, I didn't get to dream about jumping around in low gravity, but when do we ever get to choose our dreams?

4. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I dreamt that a new swimming pool opened that was being run by my old school history teacher, with a very blasé attitude towards health and safety.

5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

You know, with gravity at 22g and weight at 0.33 you'd still be feeling seven times the usual gravitational pull. That'd be more than enough to squeeze the air from your lungs. Still, that seemed to be an interesting dream.

6. Cuttleshock

Yeah, I realise that, but it made perfect sense in my dream that 0.33*22 = 1...

7. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Dream logic eh. I guess you didn't want to use fancy mathematics to muddle the issue. ;)

8. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I had a weird dream last night of being in China or Japan trying to get to a dental appointment and missing a train. I kept trying to phone my mother and find out just where I was supposed to be going and ending up lost. :confused:

Sorry for the double post. :oops:

9. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

Did some memrise before bed, so probably explains this.

Had a dream a clerk served my sister in English as usual, then me in Irish. All I could understand was when he was counting, the rest was irish-y gibberish made up by my brain. I was able to thank him, at least.

I speak very little irish, certainly not conversational level. Interesting contrast to my German dreams, as I do have that in a conversational level, so I only make up the odd word.

10. Cendaquenta

Was trying to stick a hardback book to a wall with washi tape. Tried about 50 different tape configurations. Still fell off. What fun.

11. Cuttleshock

Had an upsetting dream when I dozed off after my alarm... that I looked out my window, it was snowing and wonderful, and I saw two big and beautiful and unusual crows (one was brown, the other might've been a hooded crow). Someone was out there watching them; they then suddenly incensed me by throwing a snowball at the crows. I decided I was gonna go out and give them a piece of my mind, but it never came to that.

This just put me in a bad mood which made the rest of the dream (which I can't especially be bothered to explain) affect me more - it shouldn't have been too bad, but I was on edge, so ended up in tears over some stuff that frustrated me.

12. Princess Demandy-pants

Had my first coherent dream in Irish there during a short nap. It was the openings of a court scene where they're verifying the identity of the defendant. Also, there was a brief montage of various comedians telling the time in Irish, so this is good progress, probably.

Parthidens and Cendaquenta like this.
  13. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

I was lost in this weird church, then there were these annoying obsessed Beatles fans having a festival of some kind. Then I was in a library thousands of books about John Lennon flew off the shelves and attacked me.

14. sten whik

sten whik Space

I was visited by three spirits.
    The first showed me the joy of sticking my head in a fountain and gulping down water.
    The second showed me the lack of drink I had on Christmas day.
    The third showed me a vision of the sore throat I had in the morning.
    I awoke and went to get a glass of water before going back to bed.
    A few hours later the same spirits returned to teach me the joys of going to the toilet.
    I think the spirits might get quite bored after Christmas Eve.

Parthidens and Cendaquenta like this.
  15. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

I seem to have dreamed my hero academia last night.
    From what I can remember class 1-A and 1-B seemed to had some sort of race that went free for all to working together, but I can't remember if they went plus ultra.

Robshi likes this.
  16. Cendaquenta

I dreamed I was given a hamster as a surprise - I think in the dream, we were looking after a rabbit, and as part of the package got a free hamster to keep? :confused: Anyway, absolutely fell in love with this little rodent, was setting up an amazing cage for him, giving him lots of affection, and had just decided to name him Locke after the protagonist of the book I'm currently reading... and then I "woke up" (but in actuality was still in the dream). Everything was the same except cage and hamster had disappeared. I was scouring the house looking for him, yelling asking where he was. It took quite a while for me to be talked down and convinced I'd dreamed him, at which point I had a bit of a cry.

Then moved on to something spooky about a haunted house - more like a manor really. The ghosts were either mother and daughter or governess and pupil, I'm really not sure. And I think there was also another ghost who was a previous owner of the house and had no connection to the other pair. The daughter/pupil ghost kept changing ages, usually manifesting as a kid but sometimes a young woman. I think she'd died when older, but her child-ghost appearance reflected the age at which she'd lived in the house, which seemed to also be when the death of the older woman had happened. It was all a bit complicated, I can't remember the finer details of the plot. Quite possibly the younger woman wasn't dead at all and her "ghost" was, idk, some kind of psychic imprint. One of the scenes was all the ghosts possessing statues in order to have any kind of material form, and moving them about like chess pieces so as to be in some way physically close to each other, even only by proxy. Which is rather sweet.
    As far as I remember, the ghosts didn't want to cause harm, but the older female ghost had something wrong with her, and would sometimes turn into a rage spirit involuntarily and without warning, causing some proper horror-movie shenanigans to go down.
    I don't know who my character in the dream was, but my main function seemed to be tiptoeing very carefully around Lady Ghost so as not to provoke her Rage side, and trying to evacuate a bunch of extremely posh humans who'd booked the house as a venue for an afternoon-tea event, either didn't know about or didn't believe in the supernatural stuff, and were really in trouble if the Rage Spirit did get provoked. There was a lot of navigating around platters of sandwiches with the crusts cut off while trying to emphasize, "there's a Very Bad Thing coming, please get out, stop dawdling about in the gift shop OMG".

17. Princess Demandy-pants

If ever there was an advertisement for reading as much as you do! Your dreams have plot and intrigue, my most interesting dreams involve heading into Belfast...

Cendaquenta likes this.
  18. Cendaquenta

I've just figured out that that particular dream was probably inspired by one book I read a few weeks ago: The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell | Goodreads. It has most of the same elements - mansion, creepy kid ghost, statue-like objects being possessed and moved around, etc.

19. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I had this dream about watching an MLP episode. Basically, Rainbow Dash wanted to talk to animals like Fluttershy can, and so Fluttershy somehow found a way to duplicate/transfer her power into Rainbow Dash. She really enjoyed it for a while, but then she ended up getting into a heated argument with Tank, who got so upset, he decided to go and live in the sea (dream logic). The details are a bit fuzzy, but Dash found way to turn herself into a turtle, went to find Tank and made amends. In the end, she learned that it's not as easy as Fluttershy makes it look, and she relinquished the power to talk to animals, not wanting the responsibility, and basically returning everything to the status quo.

That actually sounds surprisingly like a feasible episode. Like, it could've almost been one of those random episodes from mid-late season 3. I actually found it tempting put that whole thing in a spoiler tag, just out of pure habit :p.

20. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'd watch that! It also sounds a bit like some of the cuter fanfics I've seen, though I can't recall one with that precise plot. Bits of it, such as the potential downsides of Fluttershy's communicative ability, I have seen -- but not all of those together.

Candy Yunagi likes this.