1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Technology & Internets' started by Welshbrony, 9 May 2012.

1. Burrito

Burrito New Pony

Well, my username originally started out without meaning, it was just a throwaway name which I a few years ago when I was a bit more... annoying, I'd go on forums and 'troll' but really I was just annoying, despite growing out of 'trolling' I never grew out of the name and I kept it for forum :D

2. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I'm a pig but with wings like a pegasus, hence Pigasus! :)

3. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Well-Known Pony

< was pipsqueak before the show pipsqueak

4. Bunny

Bunny It's a bust I say! <3

Jon = Jonathan / Jonny is my name so that's where that comes from, simple enough! :)

Bun = This is the part that still confuses me, Jonbun was a name given to me by a bunch of my friends (whom happened to be female) at my primary school, the name kinda stuck and I just started to use it as my user name on various thingys such as xBox Live. :)

5. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Parthidens is a portmanteau of two usernames I've used before: Parthannun and Eoccidens. Those are Elvish and Latin translations of my real name (though the Latin one is actually incorrect).

6. Swiftheart

Swiftheart Pony

"Swift" is pretty simple enough, it means fast. I got the name from an old site I used to hang out on 24/7. A friend of mine said I was a ninja at replying to threads and started calling me "Swifty"

"Heart" came from the fact that I have a good heart? At least that's what I think it's from. I got this name 4 years ago. I honestly can't remember that well.

So combining the two you get "Swiftheart", a simple, original name.

7. antpie94

antpie94 Active Pony

It doesn't really have a meaning but it has a good-ish story, I had the username "antpie" when I was a lot younger and made a club penguin account, I think my mum might of creating it almost as I'm called Anthony, nick name Ant a lot when I was younger then she also calls me pie a lot... well she goes on like "pie chippy chap pie chippy chippy chap bob" or something, it is random so I think they got mixed, I can't remember if the whole mum calling me pie was before or after however but that got the antpie... then it was one of my friends when I was young too helping me set up my PlayStation 3 to the internet, they said that I should have a number after it as for some reason, hence the 94... really is just a random number at the time but now that I think about it I can't match up any other number with it that sounds better when said so I'm cool with that, the avatar is something more recent due to the long lasting username, used on anything/everything

Parthidens likes this.
  8. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

I made that connection at first... and then your new avatar that reminded me of a dusk, didn't see the sigil on it's head! YU R CUL DUD IN MAH HEED NOOW
    Derpy. Muffin. Simple.

9. 5L0TH

5L0TH Forever late

My username started out as something like Sid_the_sloth on some forum or site ages ago because well by name is Sidney and after finding out that sloths basically sleep all day in trees almost like me, the name seemed like a perfect fit that was until I realized it was the name of a character in the movie ice age and some people on that forum kept referring to me as "that ice age fan boy" when I never even mentioned it, so my name sorta evolved into 5L0TH not quite sure why I used numbers it just seemed cool at the time and I've used it ever since.

10. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

Oh, look, it's that Ice Age fan boy.
    Just joking. Welcome to the site.

11. 5L0TH

5L0TH Forever late

12. Spencer75

Spencer75 Honorary Pony

My username is pretty much my last name with an R and 75 added on the end. The R to make it sound like a first name and 75 because I like that number. Nothing special. :)

13. olliedash

olliedash New Pony

11-7EEC5A2E-1231476-960.jpg mine is my first name than a bit of rainbow dash at the end rainbow dash is the best

14. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Eunos is the name of a Japanese 2 seater Mazda Sports car better known as the MX5 here in the UK.

It's a name I've been using now since 2000 and is also the name of my Deer character :)

The Fool is just abit I added :p

15. StrawberryShrapnel

It's just my pony OC's name hehe. Actually came up with it trying to name the band in a (furry) comic I'm working on with friends

16. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

The "Thomas" came from Thomas and Friends.

17. Java

Java Coffee pony. Former UKofE Admin.

Teasle is another name for one of these:
    [​IMG]
    I didn't know this when I made up my username though. I started using it about 10 years ago alongside a few others, this one stuck, though :)

18. Coastie

Coastie Aerospace Pony.

Mine is completely dull. I wanted a new name separate from my normal one, and I'm down on the coast, so I picked CoastBrony (that and I'm rubbish at thinking up cool names). Then realised that the last bit was superfluous, so I shortened it!

Pigasus likes this.
  19. GeoPanda

GeoPanda Top meme lad

Geo because at the time I was and still am good and interested in geography. The panda from an out of date fursona.
    I don't have one currently because my personality has changed so much since the panda. Or is that fursonality.
    I could do with a new one. Any help?

20. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

GeoBoringOldHuman