1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other What d'ya know about Nightmare Night?

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Blaze_Midnight, 22 October 2014.

1. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Nightmare Night is but a short time away. So I thought we should get a special RP on the go. OOC thread for the roleplay is here http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/ooc-what-dya-know-about-nightmare-night.14685
    Thunder and lighting accompanied heavy rain. A pair of ponies in dark cloaks stood talking in an alleyway under the cover of the stormy night.

"So... Is the plan going as planned?"

"On my end? Yea things are getting interesting. What about on your side?"

"Yea. The girls are in on the majority of the idea. Our plan however, they don't have a clue. Nightmare Night is drawing in quickly and I guess I should be messing around with my end of it, but things are hit and miss."

"I hope you realise we're going to need to have a practice soon."

"Yea, yea I know. It's just it's a bit more difficult to do something from a really rough guide and piecing together what is essentially word of mouth. But it's going to be do-able, might have to take advice from the pegasi and wing-it."

"You'll get there at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Oh and the other thing is good to go, might have to weaken it a little though just to be safe."

"Ok that's a good sign. It'll be nice to try something a bit different than normal. I know who would be great to take advantage of with that."

"You make it sound like you're going to be forcing it on someone"

"Ah.. yea.. what I mean to say is. I know who would be willing to take advantage of it. She wants to try something for this and go away from her usual demeanor."

"Ok that's good. Anyway, before we get anymore wet than we already are. I think we should call it a night."

Both had turned and were ready to go their separate way. One of the figures looked back over it's shoulder

"Good idea batmare, I'll get a message to you later to arrange a meet for us all."

"Yea.. don't call me that"

"Heh.. Sorry. Ok guess we should be on our way"

Both figures galloped into the night. Plans were planned and ideas were confirmed. What would happen this coming Nightmare Night was something that neither could anticipate more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Morning.

Cascade had snuck into Midnight's room. Excited for the coming days when a group of friends that they hadn't seen in many moons were to arrive in Ponyville... Well just on the outskirts but who's to judge.

"Midnight" *poke* "Midnight" *poke* "Midnight" *poke*

The repeated poking finally got a response. Still half asleep Midnight rolled over coming face to face with a Werewolf . He blinked a couple of times to clear his eyes and make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"GAH"

He launched out of bed. He never knew Cascade had been working on something for Nightmare Night. But to come into his room wearing that mask and then be there to surprise him like that was a gutsy move.

"CASCADE!!! WHAT THE HAY!!!"

Pulling the mask off part way, and having it rest on top of her head, she couldn't help but let out a chuckle as she found the amusement in his reaction.

"Sorry Midnight. I wanted to try the mask out to see if it worked.. Not the best test given that you 'were' half asleep when you saw it. But it passes."

"Seriously??... I think you're letting the excitement get to you. There's still a couple of days before we're needed to help Willow, Note, Nightingale and Rhapsody with the stage. Wonder what they have planned for this year. Since Rhapsody joined them things seem to be on the up and up for them.... Yet oddly they still don't have a name for their band."

"That's true... hmmm maybe they have something planned for that.. or they like it that way??"

"Yea maybe... anyway, however fun it is to talk to a werewolf. I think it's time you took the mask off and put it away. We need to go looking for supplies. Costumes don't make themselves... and I really wanna try something."

"I'm probably gonna hunt out something for Spirit before myself. She wants to try something strange and wants me to help."

"That's fine. So Breakfast for me and then I'll head out. I'll see you later."

"Sure... oh oh... make sure the material is fireproof just in case"

And with that. Cascade bounded out of the room and fell through the hole in the floor she had made for quick exits, leaving Midnight to shake his head and attempt to ignore her advice.

2. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Mimi and Romero were walking side by side down a cobblestone path in the middle of Canterlot. Their hooves clopping on the ground beneath them. They pulled a large, wooden, carriage loudly behind them; unintentionally disturbing anypony else trying to get around them. They came across a large plaza, and Romero pointed.

"Here's a real good spot." Romero said. Mimi nodded at him. They parked the carriage and unhinged it. The both of them sat on a nearby bench so they can rest their backs for a while.

"You sell well here in Canterlot, Rom?"

"Usually yeah, especially now in the fall. Everypony needs something to keep them warm"

"Okay, but we still need a plan. How about we set today's goal for 400 bits..."

"400 bits, are you nuts?!"

"You brought me with you to Equestria so I can mentor you. One thing you really must learn is to set your goals high."
    Romero sighed realizing that what Mimi was saying was true. Mimi sprang up quickly, and trotted back to the carriage. Romero's back was still hurting, however, he reluctantly got up and followed her. "We also need a plan of attack... Mimi continued. I was thinking about bunching up both our products in a value package deal. Something a long the lines of 'Buy a coffee and three donuts you get a fourth one free..." Romero couldn't see how giving away free product would somehow earn him more money, but Mimi was the expert here, not him.

After about fifteen minutes, they had set up shop, and sunrise was fast approaching. Mimi had already started baking her first batch of donuts, and Romero was fine-grinding his coffee.

"Be prepared to work hard today, Rom. I'm not going to be easy on you."

"I'm not afraid to work hard. You know that."
    They smiled at each other, and continued working. By the time Mimi was adding glaze and frosting, and Romero was adding cream and sugar; a line still had yet to form outside of the carriage. A couple of ponies stopped and stared for a moment, but that was it. They all eventually carried on. When they were done they were surprised by the lack of customers.

"You told me you sold good here, Rom!"

"I usually do. Um... perhaps we need a good sales pitch?"

"A sales pitch? That's Risky's thing!"

"Well, I'm out of ideas, unless you have anything..."
    The two of them thought for a while.

"I've got it!" Mimi winked at Rom, giving him a little conference.

"COFFEE AND DONUTS!" she yelled. In no time, a line quickly formed in front of them. Mimi let out a short giggle.

#2 Rare80, 25 October 2014
    Last edited: 25 October 2014
  3. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"Coffee, no thanks. But doughnuts are practically my life force objectified." Marr had been out shopping for the upcoming festivities and had heard the Cavallan-accented voice pierce the air like a hot knife through butter. Her comment was directed towards her unfortunate companion on this particular venture, namely Trench Coates, who was already regretting his rash decision to help the mare with her shopping. He'd never even met the woman before, but despite being a military genius the princess and his other superiors kept dumping him on patrol, and Marr had asked him to hold a bag for a second. Three hours later he was following her around like a porter and silently fuming.
    The pair reached the end of the queue.
    "Hey, uh, can we have- what do you want, sir?"
    "Coffee, no sugar, couple doughnuts." Trench was pleased to see this task had a perk.
    "Um, One coffee, no sugar, and twenty doughnuts." Marr said.
    Trench goggled. Surely that level of doughnut consumption was impossible, not to mention expensive.
    Marr pulled a heavy-looking pouch of coins from her saddlebags. "So, how much does it come to?"

4. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"One regular coffee, Rom, no cream, no milk, no sugar, no whip!" Mimi yelled enthusiastically back to Romero who was working his plot off and sweating surprisingly hard considering how cold it was.

"Okay, one coffee with nothing good in it." Romero whispered to himself. Within seconds, the coffee was in a heat retaining cup with a lid, ready to go. "How have we done so far?" Romero asked between breaths.

"We're just under 200 bits for the day, Rom!" Mimi cheerfully yelled back.

'Wow, it's really working. We've only been out here for what... a half an hour?" He stood there awestruck for a second before snapping out of it and returning to his work.

"For taking advantage of our sale, you'll be getting five doughnuts free of charge! The total comes to 19 bits." Mimi kept her voice cheery and happy as she conducted business. "And once your done paying, you can pick out the doughnuts you'd like! She waited patiently for a reply.

#4 Rare80, 21 November 2014
    Last edited: 21 November 2014
  5. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"OK, ummm... ten, eleven, twelve... eighteen, nineteen! Gotcha. Right, here you are." Marr passed the coins to the sunny-faced salesmare. She seemed to be the kind of pony everyone takes a liking to on first meeting, a valuable trait as a salesperson. Marr didn't dwell on the logistics, though, as there were doughnuts to be had. Right, now what did you mean by picking doughn- ohhh, my, that's a lot better than I expected." The doughnuts were not, as Marr had thought, of the plain sugared variety, but were those of the interesting, homemade variety. "I applaud you, sir and madam. The Cavallans once again prove their worth in the field of pastries." Marr spent a good few minutes selecting doughnuts while Trench rested the bags on the floor and took a break, whilst the queued ponies began shifting impatiently.
    After finally getting everything in order, she turned to the mare in charge of the stall and thanked her. A thought struck Marr. "Say, do you two run a shop or something like that? I'm interested in what you have to offer. At least a name or phone number or something."