1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What's on your mindgrapes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dylia, 6 September 2013.

1. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

This thread's purpose is if there's anything on your mind you want to ask other's people's opinions on, or just simply talk about things you're excited for - simply put, let out what's on your mind.

I'll start things off.

Right now I'm really, really worried about starting college tomorrow. None of my friends are going to said college, and I enrolled in July at the last minute based on the fact that my brother went there, and people say it's really good. I've been there several times as a child, and twice this year for my interview/ enrolment, but even though people say I'll love college, I can't help but feel nervous or unready for it.

2. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

So we're pretty much doing a combination of sharing and public agony aunt. I can roll with this. :p
    Just getting ready for bed now, got an 11 hour shift at work tomorrow followed by another on Saturday. This isn't helped by the fact that lately I haven't been sleeping and it's making shifts like these a lot harder to manage. I get the feeling that this is because of a wave of anxiety I've had lately both about people around me and as well as in my own ability. The most recent case was an email I got the other day telling me that I hadn't made the cut for the trainee manager's scheme at work, this essentially means another year on an average rate of pay unless I find another career path that I enjoy or want to take up.

Good luck tomorrow Dilly, starting further education may seem like quite a large gap to cross when you're looking at it from the outside, however once inside you'll feel right at home. It's a new set of routines and experiences that can help you grow into a much more capable and rounded user.

I know it's hard facing the unknown however if you go into college tomorrow with a positive mind set then you'll find the transition a lot less noticeable. These are the best years of your life Dilly and from the character I've got to know over the last couple of months, the locals of the college are going to be lucky to have you.

Dax and Dylia like this.
  3. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

The main thing I enjoyed about college was the fact that I was treated like an adult, for example, between lessons or during breaks I would leave the campus and no one would even take notice, just make sure you get back in time.

Dylia likes this.
  4. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

Might as well post here - get something off my chest as it were.

A little stressed over the past few days due to work not paying me the full amount I am supposed to be entitled to. Tried resolving this with my manager but my pay can't be resolved until the end of the month. So now, I'm on a VERY limited budget for 3 weeks and I am yet to pay for my bills. Very anxious as to how this turns out as I've only been living by myself for three weeks now and it's starting to go very wrong...

I felt the same way when I started college. The entire prospect of it seemed daunting at first but after a few days of settling in, you get a real feel for the place and start to enjoy yourself. I wish you the best of luck! :)

Dylia likes this.
  5. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Sorry to hear you're having such a traumatic start so close to moving out, I can only hope things work out and you get a resolution to your pay issue as soon as possible. Try and avoid feeling anxious for an event that is yet to happen, think more of the preparations if it does happen and if a issue does come up you'll be both sound in preparation and mental stability.
    Best of luck Odyer!

On a side note:
    When life gives you doubts do what the rest of the forum does ...
    Blame Magpie.

[​IMG]

6. Kim

Kim Collargogglebirdhorse

I know that feeling. The company I work(ed) for has been persistently late in paying me recently, which has monumentally screwed up my financial stability and made me overdue for just about everything - and subjected me to extended periods of living in debt, with very little food, no hygiene/cleaning products, no ability to travel, et al.

If you can get a loan off a friend or something, I'd suggest you do - even if you don't exactly need it at the time. It's better to get the safety net in there before you fall into the red and have to go through pain to climb back out of it.

7. Aerial Bass

Aerial Bass New Pony

Well, I'm super excited about the next Ponycon AU, The Living Tombstone and Peter New came to the last one, so I'm actually really excited to see who's coming next!!

8. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Ties are bloody annoying

I shall object on religious grounds

9. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

Procrastinating about sorting the final parts of enrolling and such at university, when I'm moving there next Saturday. Probably left a couple of bits too late already and hoping I haven't screwed anything up while kicking my brain to actually just get it done.
    Otherwise, had doubts about going in the past and still kinda do (Ability to live by self, uni-level studies, socializing with another new group of people, that sort of thing) but at this point feeling rather confident.

10. Nopony

Nopony Star Wars!

Here some thing is true romantic love real or is it just a nice way to deal with feeling of lust and geting what you want?

11. waterdancer

waterdancer Honorary Pony

Well, if this thread is to let out what's on ones mind, might as well post here.
    Nothing major is happening with me, but I'm somewhat under the impression that there's an increase of people who dislike me or don't want me around for whatever reason they have, I may just be overly concerned about the thought of losing friends, but if it is the case, I would just like to tell them that I have nothing against them personally, I just want to know their reasons for not liking me and/or avoiding me.

12. Nopony

Nopony Star Wars!

Maybe thay are just bizzy and not trying avoid you. friendship is a two way steet you need to give as much as you take.

13. waterdancer

waterdancer Honorary Pony

I suppose so.

14. Java

Java Coffee pony. Former UKofE Admin.

If Ke$ha visited the UK would she become Ke£ha?

Heatseeker, Sweet Tale and Pigasus like this.
  15. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

Mo
    More like K£sha

Ingram and Pigasus like this.
  16. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

If she visits mainland Europe she can be K€sha

17. Java

Java Coffee pony. Former UKofE Admin.

Thanks for clearing that up.

If a robot did a robot dance, would it still be doing the robot dance, or would it just be dancing?

18. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

It would be doing the robot dance.

19. Heatseeker

Heatseeker Honorary Pony

Or would that be the robot dad dance?

20. blissfully✮oblivious

blissfully✮oblivious Supreme Commander, Cat, My own rule 63, etc.

I can guarantee you're not the only one that feels that way, and it's entirely understandable. It is a big change, but honestly whilst it feels kind of daunting now, it won't feel that way forever. The only way you can stop feeling as though you're not ready (and I'm sure you are) and nervous is for you to just go there and see for yourself that it isn't as bad as maybe you've convinced yourself it is. You will love college - you won't have any of the total idiots you might have encountered in high school and you're treated more like an adult - and like anything else it's just a matter of getting into the routine of things.