1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What's on your mindgrapes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dylia, 6 September 2013.

1. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Well in that case, I'll just arrest myself in that blue box that's parked outside my house and in no way can it travel in time and space. :p

2. MCtoastie

MCtoastie Element of Elements

Is ok I have a 50's style diner if you try :p

Parthidens and DerpyWhooves like this.
  3. Starscream759

Could be worse I suppose I mean come on I've had my TARDIS turn into a organ, a gateway and a Wardrobe once when I tried to fix the Chameleon Circuit and I've not tried to fixed it since that Cybermen attack on Earth in 1985. :p

Parthidens likes this.
  4. MCtoastie

MCtoastie Element of Elements

Not seen any of the classics......yet, so I'll take your word for it :p

Parthidens likes this.
  5. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Strange things happening on my spotify. Realise that the details on the account have been changed. Find the new email address, zip code and do a bit of googling. Triangulate area, find a new playlist with a name matching the email. Google some more. Find this email on other sites and narrow the user, full address and facebook page... Would gladly go knocking on but kids in California... Plotting next steps now that Spotify have been notified.

Edit. 8 hours later Spotify have been in touch and rectified the issue. Now I have all the details of the other account, let the games commence.

#4445 CrikeyoRilley, 11 June 2016
    Last edited: 11 June 2016
    Cuttleshock likes this.
  6. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

Was there ever a sauna scene in the modern Romeo + Juliet film?

7. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants "Student Engineer" (Read: Applied Statistician)

There was a swimming pool. Not sure about a sauna though.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

The 90s Baz Luhrmann one? Yeah, don't remember a sauna. Dare I ask why you ask?

9. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

I asked that question from the farther reaches of my mind. I sure remember glancing over that film from my studies in school, the moment early on in the film when the patriarchs of either the Montagues or the Capulets had a scene in the sauna discussing events from the play. I used saunas occasionally in my local gym.
    I love this thread.

Parthidens likes this.
  10. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

'Shakespeare in the Sauna'. I feel there's mileage in this.

11. DerpyWhooves

I'll have to rewatch it - I don't remember that scene at all! I watched Strictly Ballroom recently so I might as well do the trilogy :p

12. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Yet another massacre in the US, and it's just horrible to think that it's no longer surprising that something like this has happened. :/

13. Laurence Hammond

Laurence Hammond I play to win!

Nintendo conference tonight. Really looking forward to it.

14. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Having a little bit of contemplation, its all a little surreal really...

- 30 or so years ago when 18 months, I was pretty much ripped apart and killed by our family Dog. A beautiful Alsatian, who was grumpy as he was left at home by my Dad and me being a playful kid who he used to let me ride like a horse, lashed out... Many stitches and scars on and around the face, i'm still here. (I still love Oscar and Dogs in general).
    - 20 years to the day since the Arndale was blown up in Manchester... I was supposed to go shopping with my family that morning but there were car issues with my Dad's volvo, so we planned to go the next day.
    - Funnily enough with Manchester, the Christmas Markets last year, I was with the family and the main area was closed because of a bomb scare, so we went to the Arndale instead!
    - I had a ticket to London all booked 7th July 2005 when the bombings happened, planned on leaving early for a day of touristy stuff, but got called into work... I also nearly pulled a sicky on the day. Never did get my money back for that ticket...

Even though I have no reason to feel like there is a greater power, I also look to the final destination films wondering if my life is one. Lets see what this day brings :)

15. DerpyWhooves

Wow, and there was me come here to talk about the weather! Some near misses there. I was in London the week before 7/7 with uni, so I couldn't help but think at the time how close we came there.

I was just thinking with how grey it was when I woke up this morning that it felt like autumn. Much as I like October I don't want to skip to it just yet. I may be complaining about the weather, but I'm aware we're pretty lucky where we are. I hope no one's been too affected by flooding.

CrikeyoRilley, MCtoastie and Dax like this.
  16. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Sure you're not a cat with all those extra lives? :p

Similar tale with Christmas, I was in the one in Preston that was on the news when it got evacuated for an incendiary device. Just kind of walked as far away from it as possible and carried on shopping. (In the end I think it damaged a bin and burned a bit of wall)

17. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Was just going to say 'Crikey' and then realised who I was saying it to! Well I am glad you have been that lucky, or blessed, whichever. Yes it does make you think.

18. DerpyWhooves

Is that why you're called 'Crikey', Crikey? :p

CrikeyoRilley, Parthidens and Dax like this.
  19. Starscream759

Why am I so alone? Why must I suffer knowing what I used to have? Why is my sister such an egotistical little brat? Why can't I see my old friends anymore? Why can't I just win for once?

20. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

I don't know, but if I had the answers I would tell you straight away. In the meantime *hugs*