1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Where does Discord live?

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Pug50, 8 December 2013.

1. Pug50

Pug50 Active Pony

I did a quick search and not found it in an existing thread but I'd imagine that a few people have posted about the series 4 title sequence ...
    where he appears in the window of Fluttershy's cottage.
    MLP_S4_title_sequence.jpg
    Does that mean he lives with Fluttershy still?

If not, where does Discord live? Or does have a dimension all of his own that he goes to when he's not causing trouble in Equestria?

2. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I'm under the impression that he may have his own place of chaos which affects no pony else. The other dimension thing could be easily explained. Q (the TNG character who Discord was heavily based off) lives in the Q Continuum where he lives with other Qs. It's probably a similar story there in MLP.

3. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

No idea, it might well be covered later in the season. My current guess is either Fluttershy's cottage as the intro potentially suggests or possibly in some slightly shabby loft apartment in a Ponyville hostel.

4. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

The living embodiment of chaos and disorder would probably still be a better roommate than some of the people I've lived with over the years. :p

Right now I figure he's staying with Fluttershy, so she can keep an eye on him and he can be near his friend. :) Though a more realistic answer is probably "he's Discord, he can live where ever he pleases".

Pug50 likes this.
  5. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

He lives in the tumble dryer and steals socks creating chaos for thousands.
    But I guess he lives in his own plane of existence which may include the above and even more.

brucecore dazzle likes this.
  6. Mewn

Mewn Favoured Class: Cleric of Luna

Fluttershy's cottage seems too orderly for the personification of chaos to actually live in all the time. Gonna go with some sort of chaos dimension.

7. The Hindmost

The Hindmost I believe in Cranky Cool

He crashes with his good friend Jean Luc
    [​IMG]
    They're very close.

Nopony likes this.
  8. Pinwheel

Pinwheel Memes of Dreams

Personally, I thought he didn't really "live" anywhere. What I mean is that he just flits about the place, occasionally disappearing into some chaotic nether plane (plane can have both meanings there, not that I think about it).

That or in Celestia's windows.

9. Cendaquenta

My current headcanon (until the show says different) is that he lives in Canterlot where Tia and Luna can keep an eye on him. It seems very unlikely he's living with Flutters - in the S4 premiere he and Fluttershy don't act like they've spent much time together since "Keep Calm", which wouldn't be the case if they were living together - while on Discord's side this attitude could be a bluff I don't think Fluttershy would play along with it. Also if Discord lived with Fluttershy he wouldn't really have needed to be summoned by the Elements.

10. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

This. It would also explain the need for a spell to summon him from his own dimension.

11. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

The way I've always envisioned Discord as a primary force, even to the show standard the Discord we see is a physical manifestation of every day actions and decisions that cause chaos and disorder.

This would be at the top of the list of activities alongside; the feeling where you can't get out of bed in the morning, First Great Western and guilt tripping charity adverts.

Pug50 and Absentia like this.
  12. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

Yeah, I'm gonna go with the others and say his own little pocket dimension. Given his levels of power, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

13. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

He lives with Celestia
    [​IMG]

The Hindmost likes this.
  14. SquirrelBoy

Before he was imprisoned in stone by Celestia and Luna, I'd expect Dicord focused all his efforts in creating chaos throughout the world 24/7 , he used his chaotic power to sustain himself without any place to be his home. When he was captured in stone, he lived obviously in his stone statue. Later, after being reformed by Fluttershy, Discord was given a place to live by Celestia in the outer area of Canterlot. However, I'd guess that Discord wouldn't spend much time in his home. He's either visiting Fluttershy or on various missions for Celestia.

15. anthony rothstein

I think he lives in the crawl space of all the homes in Equestria.
    You go down there around this time of the year to get the Heaths Warming decorations out, and he's there starring up at you, like

>Hello, don't mind me, just having a tea party with the other residents
    He then gestures to a dead mouse in a top hat~ The ponies then stare at him confused then back away slowly.

And that's the story of how Discord stole Heaths Warming.

16. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

As a Trekkie, my head canon is the same as @The Hindmost - he goes off to alternate universes, one of them being with Jean Luc and Katie.

The Hindmost likes this.
  17. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

When they summon him at in S4E1, I agree, he's coming from an alternate universe.

But my current (incomplete) head canon is that with the Elements of Harmony gone, he's hanging around ponyville now, possibly because no one can send him away or turn him to stone now.

Living at Fluttershy's house would be awesome. I don't care for a relationship between Flutters and Discord (she's MINE), but they make an AWESOME odd-couple.

Having him in the window for the S4 intro hints that this might be the case...

18. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

As a chaos god, he's just passing time in the warp. Probarbly hanging out with Tzeench. I can imagine Discord and Tzeench... Heh... Or maybe Shegorath in some daedric realm. Or maybe even all three of them, planning the greatest, most confusing and utmost epic plan of all time. Sorry about that, getting ahead of myself. He didn't appear to live with Fluttershy in S4E1 though.

Captain Fezz likes this.
  19. Captain Fezz

Captain Fezz The Captain's on deck!

On my left leg

Absentia likes this.
  20. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

I can vouch for this. I remember him still being wrapped up in cling film.

Captain Fezz likes this.