1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester meet feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Pigasus, 10 June 2013.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Made it back all right, despite that cancelled Westbury train.* Thanks as usual to everyone who came along, especially for so kindly losing to me at Chase the Ace. ;) The Bolero lamb burger will be on my shortlist again if I'm feeling particularly hungry! Anyway, hope to see folks again in a fortnight. :)

* Never did find out the reason, though GWR seems to have had a bit of an all-round mess this evening judging by Twitter!

2. Loganberry

Thank you to the pegasi for arranging yesterday to be the one day when travel was easy! ;) As I look out of my window at 18 cm (seven inches) of snow on the ground, I can say that I certainly wouldn't have been getting to Worcester today! (Especially as I felt pretty ill in the early hours, though that's no longer the case.)

Also of course, thank you to everyone who made it to the meet. Quite a festive atmosphere, which I certainly enjoyed -- even if @Ialyrn Aeloria did snipe me out of the Chase the Ace championship! :D You'll be pleased to know that I did eventually get Fluttershy back on her cord with no damage and she's now safely in her box.

Hope to see as many people as can make it next time (13th Jan). A great Hearth's Warming to everyone! :)

3. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Good to see everyone today :). Great start to the year!

I'm currently watching the BBC's 'Inside the Factory' program while eating dinner, and it's just started talking about Worcester sauce. Obviously.

4. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

great meet and the video is edited and will be up not this thrusday but the Thursday after

5. Loganberry

That was great. I hope everyone else enjoyed today's meet as much as I did! Ponies, ponies everywhere. :D

6. Patrick Rowberry

omg I feel bad to the people who couldn't make it to the meet today just come back from a amazing time we go their and there was a mail truck was crashed into the basement today and inside it was m-a Larson who reviled he was Jesus all a long and he feed all 7 of us with 2 muffins and a lyra plushie after that he had to level leaving In his spaceship, after that café bello just exploded into marshmallows they were delicious tasted like pillow for some reason. due to the fact we had no venue we decided to take the bus to mars where we meat up with luna and the soup dragoon who were having a spot of tea and scones they then invited us for a game of volleyball (they won 8 billion to 11) it was a very tight game and could of gone either way at any point. we sadly had to watch the bus where we were lucky to watch the sun set into a volcano that ate it alive so the moon took domance again and stuck the earth with a infallible shark that I caught and saved the planet and was crowned the king of bong go bong go land for my hero deed... they screed Patrick, Patrick, Patrick take the bins out... and then I woke up what a amazing meet today

Somerset Cider likes this.
  7. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

M. A. Larson fed you a Lyra plushie!?

8. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

Hey Team Worcester!
    Thanks for an awesome meet, it was greet to see all of you, and be talking about ponies (it was great to be soundied and have so many piles of ponies!), playing chase the ace and seeing Oliver Cromwell (but more about that bit in Trains! I guess)

Loganberry, Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  9. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Thank you guys for today. After a somewhat eventful month it's been really nice to relax, chat and play cards.

Sorry that the Robot Wars chat became tiresome at times for some of you. My enthusiasm for pony has actually been reignited considerably today, and now I'm much more hyped for season 8!

10. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Certainly a fun, if small meet. great to see you all.

Pigasus, Oilyvalves and Loganberry like this.
  11. Loganberry

Indeed, thank you to everyone who was there today. It was enjoyable. Always nice to relax a bit after a busy couple of weeks, and in my case to forget about dentists for a while! :)

And @Oilyvalves -- I didn't actually find that stuff tiresome. I was actually quite interested in quite a bit of it. It's just that my lack of knowledge on the subject meant that after a while there just wasn't any more I felt able to contribute.

12. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Hey @Ursa I saw you today! You were on the train that left Worcester Foregate towards Birmingham at half three

Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  13. Loganberry

I finally have time to write this! Nice to see the hardy few that were able to make it this time around. A pleasant few hours as always. :)

Dodj and Pigasus like this.
  14. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

That was a fun meet (@:

Welcome to our little herd @Cheese Sandwich!

Did the footage work out okay @Dodj?

15. Patrick Rowberry

great time at meat

Pigasus likes this.
  16. Cheese Sandwich

I had a fantastic time today, everypony was very welcoming and it was great to meet you all. Will certainly attend the next one in a couple weeks time. Thank you all :D

Pigasus, Dodj, Loganberry and 3 others like this.
  17. Loganberry

Really enjoyed this one. A slightly larger turnout than sometimes thanks to welcome* newcomer @Cheese Sandwich, semi-regular @Oilyvalves and Worcester Irregular @vcgriffin all being able to make it -- great to see you all! :)

* I don't mean that word in an Our Town way. Honest! :p

vcgriffin, Pigasus, Dodj and 3 others like this.
  18. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

I'm very glad you had a good time at our little subterranean gathering, @Cheese Sandwich, looking forward to seeing you at more. :)

It was particularly interesting with the addition of a spontaneous (at least, "spontaneous for me because I'd kinda @Patrick Rowberry and I were going to do it") video filming.

Haven't edited it into anything yet so I can't speak of it as a whole yet. From what I have checked, though, it's a little blurry and there's some visual noise but it seems to be good enough quality given the low lighting at the time.

I reckon the content; back-and-forth interactions, comedy from it "absolutely, definitely, 100% *not* being a reshoot because the video didn't record first time", etc, will make up for anything like that.

19. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

Thanks for having me at another meet :D was great.
    Was good to talk about ponies so much. (and good luck with the vlog (that still a word?) @Dodj

Pigasus, Dodj and Loganberry like this.
  20. Loganberry

Come back any time! :)

Yeah, we're strange like that, in that we're a pony meet where we mostly still talk about ponies. :D