1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester meets, twice a month

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Pigasus, 19 January 2015.

1. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

So I now have train tickets, see some of you there ^^

Pigasus and Oilyvalves like this.
  2. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

3. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Unfortunately my throat/chest is still not well, so I'm having to give this one a miss. At the moment if I try to speak, I sound like a mix between Gollum and James Earl Jones.

I think having to talk loads at work yesterday didn't help, so a quiet day at home is probably the sensible option for today. Hope you lot have a fab time anyway. :)

4. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Oh dear! Hope your throat gets better soon and that we'll see you again before too long (@:

Oilyvalves likes this.
  5. Cheese Sandwich

I just want to clarify if the next meet is this weekend or next. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Pigasus likes this.
  6. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

It's this Saturday! I do (usually) keep the first post updated, so in future you can check there (@:

7. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

I should be able to come but I may be a bit late

Loganberry and Pigasus like this.
  8. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'll do everything I can to make this one, as it'll be well over a month since last time for me. So I'm a very probable. :D

Pigasus likes this.
  9. Loganberry

Worth noting that Saturday is the Worcester Motor Festival. It's been on meet days before and hasn't caused problems, so no worries there. But anyone who likes cars might want to rock up a little early and have a wander around the High Street. Modern vehicles only this year, for some reason I don't fully understand, but still:

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...r_Festival_returns_to_the_city_for_12th_year/

10. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

I'll be there tomorrow... and as my bike exhaust isn't being repaired until Sunday you'll probably hear me coming by the time I'm withing three miles. :oops:

Loganberry and Pigasus like this.
  11. Cheese Sandwich

I shall certainly be there tomorrow afternoon, Katie shall hopefully be joining me also. See everypony there :)

Pigasus and Loganberry like this.
  12. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

I should be there.

Pigasus and Loganberry like this.
  13. Loganberry

Hi everyone. Assuming things don't change, I should be able to make it on Saturday. Looking forward to it. :)

One thing worth noting: the World Cup 3rd/4th-place playoff is that day at 3pm. If England lose their semi-final on Wednesday evening, they'll be playing in it. As far as I know, Bolero's is not a football sort of café, so we should be fine as long as enough people still want to come to the meet. One to keep an eye on.

Ideally, England will win their semi, then they'll play on Sunday instead and this won't be an issue. :)

Pigasus likes this.
  14. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

I'm a no show, sorry got a ticket for an airshow at the Shuttleworth Collection on Saturday.

15. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Enjoy the show and we'll see you next time!

16. Loganberry

Here's hoping the weather holds! Have a wonderful time there. :)

Over in the football, England lost in the end. That means they will be playing on Saturday (in the 3rd-place play-off). Despite that, hopefully we can still get at least a few people to the meet, seeing as we've had to delay/move so many in the last couple of months, but we'll see. I'll put out the usual posts on Twitter over the next day or two, and if we get enough for a meet then I will be there.

Also, if you're reading this and intend to come, please post here! :)

#2016 Loganberry, 11 July 2018
    Last edited: 11 July 2018
    Somerset Cider likes this.
  17. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Unfortunately I won't be around for this one; I'll be down south visiting my folks. I don't know when I'll next be able to make it, as the Derby train station blockade is just around the corner too. I might be able to travel over towards the end of the month, but we'll see. It has been quite a while (mid April) that I last saw some of you :(. Still, if you guys meet this Saturday then have good time. :)

18. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

The bike's back now so I should be able to make it on Saturday without any problem.

Sorry we're not going to see you there. We're going to have to coincide at some point, haven't had the chance to catch up with you in person for a while.

Loganberry, Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  19. Cheese Sandwich

I shall also be missing this meet unfortunately as I'm off to Evesham with the family for the boat and river festival. Have a great meet on Saturday everypony and I'll see you all at the next one :)

20. Loganberry

Have a good day out, both of you! :) Hopefully the weather will hold -- right now it looks as if it may rain tomorrow but should be back to dry and warm for Saturday.

As far as the meet's concerned, though... we really do need one or two more to make it worthwhile, I'd have thought. So if you're reading this and can make it, please post here soon! Naturally, new people are very welcome. :)