1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester Shires feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Pigasus, 10 June 2013.

1. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

As the title suggests, this is the feedback thread for the Worcester mini-meets, if you have any thoughts about the meet then pop them here :)

Loganberry, Eliki and Spring Wonder like this.
  2. Spring Wonder

Spring Wonder Active Pony

Would any future meet-ups occur in the same venue? I know it's thought that changes of scenery can be good.
    Although I remember that being used to one place can help with shyness... A future-thought.

It was nice for a start though.

Loganberry likes this.
  3. Eliki

Eliki Element Of M&Ms

Okay, let's see if I can think of some thinks to think up.

1) Eliki should really have tried not to be quite such a pest all the time.

2) Despite our esteemed presence, the landlord did not put on a free buffet or supply free drinks. Something I'm sure will be corrected for next time.

3) Seriously though, I was pretty nervous just before heading into the venue. Not as nervous as I expected, and bearing in mind I've had severe panic attacks for just over 20 years, I really do think it helped that (for much of the time) we weren't a "loud" group. I don't think anyone felt under any pressure to say anything, and we could talk when we felt comfortable about doing so. And that really helped. Seeing as that was the first time I've ever been to a meet that consisted of more than one person, it meant a lot that it did seem to mostly go well and it was relaxed, so thanks for that! :)

4) Something Loganberry mentioned on the way home - maybe next time (and I hope there will be future meets!) we should have a rough guideline for when the meet will finish. Just so everyone knows how long the meet will last. Obviously that doesn't mean everyone *has* to then go home at that point, but it would give a rough guideline.

5) Fooooood/nosh/noms/yums/scoffs. To be fair I was a bit too nervous to have eaten before the meet. But I wasn't sure if everyone at the meet was thinking "so when do we order some grub?" So maybe if we figure out if it's just "a meet and a few drinks" or "if you feel up to it, we'll order some food and have lunch during the meet" before a meet? :)

6) Someone should tell Eliki that he's a right nuisance.

It seemed a nice enough venue, definitely. I don't know Worcester well enough to suggest other places, unfortunately. Personally I've found that being familiar with one place does help with shyness. Just to be awkward though, sometimes a change of scene does help too. So I don't really know... :p

Loganberry and Spring Wonder like this.
  4. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Today was fun. Nice to see a couple of new faces for a change. It's just a shame about the infrequency of trains to/from Cheltenham, meaning I arrived an hour and 15 minutes early, and left an hour and a half after most of you had gone (should have got the earlier train, really). I even spent the time waiting to read through the infamous national routing guide to see if there was any other possible routes I could use to get back on the same ticket. Apparently I would have been able to go via Oxford/Didcot Parkway, had the train times been quicker than the wait for the next direct train.

Loganberry likes this.
  5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Some very good points there. 1 and 6 in particular. ;) But yes, I think having some idea beforehand roughly when we're intending to finish would be useful. It ought to help avoid the two problems at the end today, with people either having to dash off at very short notice or having to wait a long time afterwards. Also, this isn't a problem as such, but the meet discussion stayed in "Proposed" all through, rather than ever moving to "Confirmed" even when it had been confirmed.

As for venue... well, I don't have anything against today's place, but I wouldn't object to moving either. I think I'd hope for two things: 1) it should be close-ish to the station, let's say within a five-minute walk. And 2) it shouldn't be an 18+ venue (though not many are in the daytime). I wouldn't want to exclude anyone of (eg) 17 who'd like to come along in the future. Beyond that I'm not really fussy, though I might add: 3) it should have a floor area of more than three square feet. (Hello cinema Costa. :p)

I expect there's something else vital, but Eliki's covered most of what I was thinking more coherently than I would. I'll just repeat my thanks for making it an enjoyable afternoon. :)

6. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I'll make a proper post here soon but first Crimson asked me to say this on his behalf

Loganberry, Eliki and Spring Wonder like this.
  7. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Firstly, thank you all for coming! It was great to see so many friendly faces and it was nice to meet some of you for the first time :)

Here are my thoughts on some of the issues/suggestions made above:
    The location was okay, not wonderful but it worked. If anypony can find anywhere else within a few minutes walk of the station then we should certainly consider it but I'm happy to meet again at The Postal Order if not.
    Having a firmer finishing time sounds like a good idea. I'd also like to try harder to find a time that fits the Cheltenham trains better since they're so darned infrequent.
    As for whether we have food or just drinks, my preference would be drinks but I don't have strong feelings about it.
    I agree we should have a confirmed thread

Loganberry likes this.
  8. Loganberry

I usually go into Worcester anyway every two or three weeks, so I don't mind doing a little research if I've got the time while I'm there. I could probably even draw up a little map with Pinkie's face appearing all over it a few likely-looking places marked. :)

Pigasus likes this.
  9. chocolatechip

chocolatechip Lord of the chips

there are bronies so close to me!? Omg :)

10. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Hi there :) where do you hail from, Mr Chip?

11. chocolatechip

ever heard of a town called Kidderminster?

12. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I have indeed, it's not too far from Worcester is it?

13. chocolatechip

no, bout 25 miles

14. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Well some of the group come up from Cheltenham, so it's relatively close :)

15. Loganberry

I have, 'cause I live in Bewdley! The only other people I know of who've been to Kiddy are @Eliki (to meet me) and @LunasNightmare (to visit Smyths toy shop). Very nice to know that there are other bronies around here. :D

16. Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia Honorary Pony

yup I go to kiddy a few times a week as im working close by in cookley sometimes go to bewdley for lunch or kiddy if I want lunch time pony swag :p

17. chocolatechip

we should hang out!

18. Loganberry

That often? The odds are we've walked past each other at some point, then! I very rarely wear pony shirts in Kiddy, though (and not that often in Bewdley) so it wouldn't be obvious. I do sometimes have a little pony badge on the back of my bag in Bewdley, though, so you never know... :p

19. chocolatechip

were you the guy who stole my wallet the one time?

20. Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia Honorary Pony

I know I just posted that on chips page * tis funny though I cant believe iv never run into any of you guys given how much time I spend in bewdley and kiddy and surrounding villages and the fact I normally have a pony shirt should make me stand out a mile lol *