1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester Shires feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Pigasus, 10 June 2013.

1. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Thanks from me too. Glad to be continuing on the pony ride. :)

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'll add another thank you. Always nice to be in Worcester, and not letting the end of the show get us down. :)

3. MachinePony

MachinePony Hardcore Metal Nerd

I just like to say it was great seeing you guys last meet. Sorry I just responded as I had a really busy last two weeks. I like to thank @Loganberry and @Pigasus for the Christmas/Hearth's Warming cards. I hope you guys enjoy your holidays with your loved ones.

4. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Great to see everyone who made it there today for an excellent first meet of the year. :)

5. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Indeed! A promising start to 2020

@Oilyvalves your Scootaloo is very impressive, you must be very proud

6. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Thanks for a nice meet today everyone. :)

7. Loganberry

Thank you to all. Another fun afternoon. :)

Pigasus likes this.
  8. Loganberry

I definitely want to say a big thank you to everyone who made today's extra minimeet such an enjoyable occasion! :D In the end we had five attendees (@Dodj, @Ialyrn Aeloria, @Pigasus, Entei-rah and me), although never more than four at the same time as two just missed each other. It was Entei-rah's first ever Worcester meet, and it was really nice to welcome him to the Bolero's bunker. :)

The Chase the Ace was bizarre... we played two "shadow league" games with Pigasus's cards... and I won both. Then later on, we played a "shadow shadow league" game with my backup cards... and I won again. What is this parallel universe? :p

Dodj, Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  9. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I'm glad I came, it was a nice afternoon. Thanks for suggesting it!

It must be your shadow luck, who came second and third?

Loganberry, Dodj and Oilyvalves like this.
  10. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

If I remember correctly (which is unlikely as more than for minutes have passed) I was third and Ialyrn came in at runner-up. Unfortunately Entei-rah's beginner's luck only extended as far as the practice round we had before the game proper.

Pigasus and Loganberry like this.
  11. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

thanks for a great meet hopefully everyone got home ok

Loganberry, Pigasus and Oilyvalves like this.
  12. Loganberry

Yes, thank you so much to everyone for today. I know things got to me just a little near the end, but for the most part I was very happy and spending time with such good friends was extremely welcome. :)

I do have to be honest, though, and say that on the train home I realised I really wasn't fully comfortable travelling like this any more. Much as I hate to say it, I'm going to stick with what I said at the meet: I won't be back to Worcester until things have markedly improved. Bolero's will remain in my heart throughout this break, of course. You can never forget those chocolate muffins! :9

13. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

That's understandable, you need to do whatever it takes to stay safe. I'm still not entirely decided on what I'll be doing myself over the next few meets.

While I won't pretend your presence won't be missed, I'm sure we (or those who do attend, if I end up taking the same measures you are) will keep you there in spirit until you decide to return.

And don't worry about it getting to you at the end, that, too, is completely understandable. I'm glad we were able to provide you with some fun, laughter and friendship (in fairly certain a few of the other elements were in there too =p) in person. (I say "in person" because I'm sure at least some of us will still find ways to pester you with talking horses, silliness and terrible, awful puns online).

Loganberry likes this.
  14. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Well, as I’m just on my way home from the virtual meet now.. ;)

It seemed to work OK. It certainly helped a very quiet day to pass quicker.

Loganberry and Pigasus like this.
  15. Loganberry

I'm now sitting at home, having made the long and tiring journey from home to home. :p

Thank you very much to everyone who came along to the virtual meet! I think it was a success, and I'll definitely try to make it to the next one. :)

Pigasus and Oilyvalves like this.
  16. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

A very enjoyable virtual meet today. Good to say everyone who was there, text or voice chat, even if only briefly.

Thanks again @Loganberry for putting together a little quiz. I think we can call this one the 'advanced level' round ;). And well done @Zenfox as the clear winner. An impressive depth of knowledge there.

17. Loganberry

You're welcome, though I think it's fair to say I got a bit carried away with those questions! Ah well, you live and learn. I expect I'll do another quiz at some point, and I'll try to give the question difficulty a wider spread that time. Of course, it may be that someone else feels like setting up a quiz and if so everyone will have the fun spectacle of seeing me score about two points. :D

Oilyvalves likes this.