1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester Shires feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Pigasus, 10 June 2013.

1. Dodj

Dodj Accidental shapeshifter.

I'm glad I was able to come today. It was a nice and easy introduction to the meets and awesome company, which is appreciated by this often shy pony... especially with this being my second meet of any mind and my first brony one ever.

I actually really liked café bolero compared to the other coffee shops I often find myself at... and if we hadn't picked the spot right next to the noisy coffee grinder I think it would've been perfect.
    I liked that the coffee scent wasn't as strong as other places which, for someone with a coffee allergy and somewhat nauseated by the smell until I get used to it, is a definite plus point.
    One thing I will say is that if I'm paying that much for an iced tea I want store made, not out of a can!

Pigasus likes this.
  2. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

:oops:

:p

3. Dodj

No need to :oops:, we didn't even know it was there when we picked that spot.

4. fiyahsparkle

fiyahsparkle Plushie Army Commander

Yea was a nice small meet, the coffee place was nice I think I did prefer it over CW because of the layout gave us a little bit more privacy. The coffee and the food I ordered was good, as long as you don't mind something a little more upper class, they don't serve many basics shall we say.

Nice seeing everypony there again and enjoyed the company, sorry Dodj I didn't know that was your first meet I should of introduced myself (Sweetie Bot T-Shirt).

fiyahsparkle

5. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I liked that area anyway! Nothing wrong with the occasional deafening grinding noise ;)

6. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

They do muffins. Ergo, I'm happy. ;) More seriously, thank you everyone who came -- nice to see you all again, and nice to meet @Dodj for the first time. :) I had a very good time today and, though I enjoyed the last pub meet as well, it was nice to have something a little smaller and quieter* for a change. The coffee machine was a bit of a pain (especially after about 4.45pm, when it seemed to be used much more often) but the seating area itself was pleasant. Not too hot and stuffy, which had been something I'd been concerned about with weather like today's.
    Yeah, that was a slight disappointment -- though it was pleasant enough, I guess, and the ice helped. I do drink coffee quite often when it's colder, so I'll try to remember not to put it too near you.

7. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

I do enough smaller meets, since they're just so much more personal.

The venue was more or less fine, just sit somewhere else next time. :p

Although I'm not sure how happy they'd be if a larger meet took place and 15 of us turned up.

8. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Yeah, I think it's best we stick to The Postal for larger meets, it is good for these smaller ones though

9. Dodj

Not a problem, it was enough to know everypony was friendly... and please don't take it personally if I don't remember you (or only vaguely do) next time we meet, I suffer from face blindness so it's really difficult for me to remember people.

It's just occurred to me that it was used more and more often after then, in spite of there being less and less people in there... I'm starting to think they may have been trying to tell us something.

Shouldn't need to worry about that, like I say, once I'm used to the smell I can live with it and the allergy is only actually dangerous if I drink it. It's not like those poor sods with a peanut allergy who all but explode if you open a bag in the same room!

10. ChunkyTheHutt

ChunkyTheHutt That person

@Pigasus will the 7th's meet be in the postal?

11. fiyahsparkle

fiyahsparkle Plushie Army Commander

That depends if you plan on recommending a new place again and then not coming to it :p

I love the idea of them making a coffee and pouring it away just to get rid of the weird bronies :p

fiyahsparkle

12. Dodj

Stranger things have happened... and when you think about it, a coffee shop turning all their coffee into coffee grounds to get rid of someone doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
    I am honestly ashamed of that joke.

Pigasus and fiyahsparkle like this.
  13. ChunkyTheHutt

Well I would've come if it wasn't for my mum deciding that i'm going to my nan's and telling me at the last minute.

14. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Probably, looks like there might be fair number attending, although it won't be as big as the previous meet because the coastals aren't coming.

15. ChunkyTheHutt

I enjoyed today nice meeting new people and looking forward to meeting everybrony again.

16. Blueshift

Blueshift Well-Known Pony

It was good to see people again, though my goodness, Worcester was busy! Did anyone find out what was going on?

17. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

There were various sporting events on today, rugby, tennis, racing (and maybe the world cup? Doesn't that start soon?) but I'm not aware of anything happening around Worcester.

18. Dodj

It was good to see peeps again and meet some new ones. Sorry I had to leave so early but I can't imagine my disappearance disrupted things that much, right?

19. ChunkyTheHutt

Horse racing.

20. Blueshift

Blueshift Well-Known Pony

Yes, that makes sense. I can't imagine the horses got that much racing done in all the rain!