1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester Shires

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Pigasus, 19 January 2015.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

While it's quiet in here and we still have a little while before the next meet... what do people think about doing a spot of advertising? I'm specifically thinking of the "Adventu-cations" section on the UK Bronies & Pegasisters site, which has quite a nicely presented list of meets and cons up to May:

https://www.ukbp.org/adventu-cations

I note that (for example) the Leicester folks are on there, so maybe we Worcester folks could do the same. I'd be happy to write the details and submit them if wanted -- I already wrote this blog post last year so could condense it down from that. Obviously @Pigasus would be the name listed in the "Run by" box! :)

Also, I guess if we did do this, we'd need some sort of a name for our group for the headline on the UKBP site. We could always just use "Worcester Meets" of course! So, any thoughts on that or on whether the general idea is good or horrible?

Pigasus likes this.
  2. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I think it sounds like a good idea. And I think just ‘Worcester Meets’ would be fine.

3. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

agreed

4. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

That's a good idea, please go ahead! That blog post is really good, perhaps I should link to it in the OP. My only suggestion is to put something in there about checking the OP before people come to be sure it's going ahead, if the date did change then I would contact the website to fix their listing but better safe than sorry. As to the name, let's go with Worcester Meets for now. It is rather boring so we could discuss it at the next meet and see if we can come up with anything cooler (@8

Oilyvalves and Loganberry like this.
  5. Loganberry

Okay then! I'll boil down the blog post into a potted version to submit. For now I'll just make one submission, for the 23rd February meet, and we can see how that goes. And yep, I'll stick to Worcester Meets for the moment and as you say we can talk about any other possibilities at the next meet. Though I'm not sure we really want to be that cool, do we? ;)

Also, thank you for the kind words about the blog post. :) Your suggestion is a good one, so I've changed the relevant section to say this:
    Anyway, let's see what happens! :)

Edit: Now submitted. I'm not 100% sure of the formatting, so I kept things short enough that if it ends up being squished into one block of text it should still be readable.

#2265 Loganberry, 9 February 2019
    Last edited: 9 February 2019
    Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  6. Amethyst Shade

Ohai everypony!

Amethyst here from UK Bronies & Pegasisters.

Just wanted to trot by and thank you for your meet info, I've added it to our site and given our Discord Server a discussion channel for it. Do you have a Facebook Group or Event for these Meets or do you mainly just use this UK of E thread? If its the latter, would you be happy for us to post a Facebook Event from the UK Bronies & Pegasisters Group to let our herd know about them?

I've called you guys the Worcester Bronies for now but if you want to change that at any time just let me know.

If you haven't already, please take a look over the rest of our website and if you like, join our herd! We're most active on Facebook and Discord, posting Pony News, Meet Info and Competitions across our growing Network (Facebook, Discord, Twitter, DeviantART, Steam). You can use any of these platforms to contact our staff about updating the info we have on your meets. I try to keep up with UK of E but your best bet is through our own Network.

*hoof-bumps* /)

Amethyst

7. Loganberry

Hello to you too! And thanks very much for adding the meet. The listing looks fine as far as I can see. :) One tiny correction: it's Caffe Bolero. Two Fs, as it's Italian.
    We use this thread for the most part. It's a deliberate decision, even though it may seem a little old-fashioned to some in 2019. Several of us don't have Facebook accounts (I don't!) and others don't want to use real names online when discussing pony stuff. It also lets us keep things in public view, which is something we've wanted from the start.

I guess the second question is one for @Pigasus as our meet leader, though personally I'd have no objection.
    We'll probably be discussing names on the 23rd, so if we reach a decision then sure, we'll tell you.
    I know I and several others here follow you on Twitter, so any little updates should be easy to pass on that way. I'll have a wander around your website in the near future. Anyway, thanks for the post -- really helpful! :)
    And *hoof-bumps* right back at you! (\

Amethyst Shade and Oilyvalves like this.
  8. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Thanks @Amethyst Shade for adding our meet to the list, and the welcoming post. :) *hoof-bump*

We do like to remain active on here, but it’s also good to explore other avenues if it means other ponies might find us. The website looks good.

I’m not really active on Discord, but I have joined the UKBP Facebook group. So if an event is created on there, I can keep an eye on it and answer any questions ponies might have. Although sadly I can’t make this particular upcoming meet.

I’m sure the guys can discuss the name without me, although I would note that many of the other meetups seem to have gone with the “.... Bronies” name.

Loganberry and Pigasus like this.
  9. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Thanks @Amethyst Shade (@:

Initially I wasn't sure about a Facebook event since neither Loganberry or I use it and we wouldn't be able to respond to any replies to it but if @Oilyvalves is happy to keep an eye on it for us then I'm happy for that to go ahead

Not sure why exactly but I've never really liked the term "brony", it's fine for now tho until we can discuss a new name

10. Loganberry

I just put "Worcester Meets" at the head of the piece I submitted, so I'm not sure why it was changed, seeing as everything else has been left as I wrote it (apart from "Caffe" ;)) .

When I'm writing about them on Twitter, I usually call them "the Worcester ponymeets" (yes, one word) as everyone knows what it means. But happy to discuss things on the 23rd.

Oh, talking of which: you can put me down as a probable for the meet. :)

Pigasus likes this.
  11. Patrick Rowberry

don't forget the name were going to have for that mock pony convention in had a idea a while ago with are mascot pear shaped

12. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

ShireCon is potentially confusing but something with Shire in is certainly worth considering

13. Amethyst Shade

We usually have a name for the events and a name for the organisers as 2 separate names. So for example my own meets are the Manchester Meets but held by the Manchester Bee Bronies. I've got you down as Worcester Meets, held by the Worcester Bronies for now but as you say, have a chat next weekend and let me know your favourite ideas.

Thank you, I just updated the spelling! I probably should have checked that first but oh well!

If you're happy for your Facebook name to be visible as a pony thing @Oilyvalves then I can tag you in the Event posts we create. Please note, our group's privacy settings are set to 'public' - so anyone on your friends list will be able to see pony posts. I understand if you'd rather keep that private and any questions that do come up I can post in here.

You're all such lovely and welcoming ponies, we're very proud to have you all in our herd! /)

Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  14. Amethyst Shade

15. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I'm fine to be tagged in pony stuff. :)

16. Loganberry

Just thought I'd mention here that, because this is the first time we've been listed on UKB&P's Adventu-cations page, I think it's especially important there's someone to welcome any newcomers.* As such, I will be there in Bolero on Saturday even if I am literally the only person at the table. :p

* I was at the Birmingham meet a couple of days ago, and there were new people at that one.

Pigasus and Patrick Rowberry like this.
  17. Patrick Rowberry

i'm always a early worm so I wil le there don't worry

Loganberry and Pigasus like this.
  18. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

That's three so far! Who else is planning to come?

19. MachinePony

MachinePony Renegade Timelord

Hopefully nothing would stop me coming this Saturday's meet. I let you guys know by Thursday if I could attend.

20. Cheese Sandwich

Cheese Sandwich Active Pony

Hi Everypony, I've confirmed my attendance on the FB event page created by UKBP but I thought it would be best to confirm on here too. @Hotari Moon is confirmed to be coming too. Looking forward to seeing everypony Saturday.