1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester Shires

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Pigasus, 19 January 2015.

1. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Enjoy the film! I'm sure we'll see you again before long

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Sounds like fun -- have a good time! :) Hope to see you in Manchester in a fortnight.

3. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

hay before I forget the toys and games shop in Worcester is selling g1 ponies in original casing any everything

4. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Morning all. I’m on my train towards Birmingham; something I should have been doing 2 weeks ago! Patchy rain, wind and sun so far.

5. MachinePony

MachinePony Renegade Timelord

When is the next meet in Worcester? The last Birmingham meet I had attended nobody turned up so I'm going to the Worcester meet regardless is if it clashes with the Brummie meet.

(No disrespect to the Birmingham Bronies. The organiser haven't attended due to work commitments and the group's prominent members decided not to go as well. Football match was on that day as well so Birmingham was very rowdy, especially at the Wetherspoons near New Street.)

6. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

That's something we need to decide! Because of Griffish Isles in May and the train meet in June, what do y'all think about this schedule for the next couple of months?
    18th May
    1st June
    15th June
    29th June
    In other words: 3rd Saturday in May and 1st 3rd 5th Saturdays in June. Apart from a three week gap from last meet to the next one, it avoids those events and keeps on a fortnightly schedule

7. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I’d have no problem with you going with those dates. I personally would only be able to make the 1st June, but that’s because I have too many other things on!

8. Loganberry

That looks a pretty sensible calendar to me. Avoids Bank Holiday Saturdays, too, though that's not a huge deal.

I might have to miss one, maybe two, of those for family/friends reasons, but that would be the case for pretty much any Saturday during the summer. I'd definitely do my best to get to those I was free for. :)

9. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Those dates look good to me
    I have nothing of great importance planned for June other than the SVR meet.

10. Patrick Rowberry

i'm not fussed either way as long as its clear

11. Amethyst Shade

Ohai,

Apologies for the late night eavesdropping, but I noticed you have a whole list there of potential meet dates. If those are fairly solid dates, I can add them all into our UK Bronies & Pegasisters calendar for you guys, rather than running one at a time. I won't post them up until somepony confirms but I'm happy to book The Worcester Shires in for as many meet dates as you need. I'll need a little blurb about your upcoming railway meet but if the others are similar enough to your previous events, I can copypasta the details over from earlier ones if that's easier than making you type out basically the same thing 5 times!

Let me know what you think and I'll get on it once I have your boop of approval

~Amethyst /)

Loganberry, Pigasus and Oilyvalves like this.
  12. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Okay, the next meet will be on the 18th of May. Please note this is NOT the usual second Saturday
    *boop of approval*

As above, the 18th of May is confirmed and you can pencil in the others, they'll probably go ahead but it's possible we might miss one if there isn't enough interest. It's up to you if you want to put them all up now and possibly have to remove one if it's cancelled, or wait until nearer the time for me to confirm them individually. Here's the info to save you looking it up:
    Name: Worcester Shires
    Event: Meet
    Run by: Pigasus
    On: Saturday the 18th of May, 1-5pm
    At: Caffe Bolero, 2-4 St Nicholas Street, Worcester
    Link: https://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/worcester-shires.15427/
    Description:
    Hello from the Worcester Shires! Because horse puns are best puns.

We offer a relaxed, welcoming, chat-centric meet open to everyone, whether brand new to MLP or a grizzled veteran, whether from the Worcester area or not. (If you're under 16, please bring an adult with you.) Come for all or part of the meet as you prefer.

Find us down the stairs just inside Bolero's main entrance. The meet is free, though please buy a drink or food in appreciation of our hosts. We're in a public area of the café, so please keep things SFW. Pony T-shirts, plushies, sketchbooks etc are totally fine. We look forward to welcoming you!
    Thanks! (@:

13. Loganberry

Since I'm running that one, I'll give that to you now. :)

Name: Severn Valley Railway meet
    Run by: Loganberry
    On: Saturday 8 June 2019
    At: Kidderminster SVR station, 10:45am to 5-6pm (roughly)
    Link: https://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/severn-valley-railway-meets-next-8-june-2019.19012/
    Description:

We're running a meetup on the Severn Valley Railway, involving travelling on the railway, going somewhere for lunch, and maybe looking around a town/village on the line, depending on the weather. Everyone welcome, though an interest in steam trains certainly helps! We'll be catching the 11:10am departure from Kidderminster SVR station, so you'll need to be here a bit earlier to buy your ticket, walk to the train, etc.

You can find Kidderminster SVR station just across the car park from the main building at Kidderminster National Rail station. The cost will be £22 for a day rover on the trains, plus a few quid more for lunch. (The SVR ticket office accepts cards.) No charge for the actual meet. Pony shirts etc are fine, though there'll probably be more train than pony chat. Any questions, feel free to ask me (Loganberry) via UK of Equestria or @louderyay on Twitter. Looking forward to seeing you!

14. Amethyst Shade

*boops back*

Thank you, I've added all those dates to our calendar so the info is there for everypony. If any meets are cancelled I can just remove them with one click, much easier than the other way round and this way there's plenty of notice of the when and wheres.

I'm so sorry Loganberry, I had a chat with the team and due to a recent influx of train-related events and threads, we've decided to keep them separate from the pony stuff and just concentrate on promoting the pony related events. I wish I'd known that before you went and typed out that whole message I'm so sorry! I'll let you know if things calm down on the rail side of things, we may be able to fit one or two in later down the line.
    GET IT - DOWN THE LINE...??

I'll... I'll just see myself out...

Pigasus likes this.
  15. Loganberry

No problem at all, that's totally okay. :) Until you mentioned it before, I wasn't going to submit this one anyway, for pretty much that reason. It is a pony website, after all.

Amethyst Shade likes this.
  16. Loganberry

Anyway, let me start the ball rolling and say that I should be there on Saturday for the next Worcester meet. :)

Pigasus likes this.
  17. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I won't be able to make this coming Saturday, so I wish you all a good time.

18. Patrick Rowberry

i will be there3 and will be cosplaying something I won at the auction

Pigasus likes this.
  19. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Which auction?

20. Patrick Rowberry

giraffish iles one at the second venue