1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Yooka-Laylee

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cuttleshock, 11 May 2015.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

[​IMG]
    AAAAAAAHHHHH

So, what does everyone think of this game? Information here, here if you've missed out on the excitement.

Silvarrn likes this.
  2. bibliodragon

bibliodragon Drawer of Ponies

I am so unbelieveably happy at the oppertunity to play a 3d platformer collectathon again! Plus the art looks adorable.

Silvarrn and Cuttleshock like this.
  3. Cuttleshock

I'm glad someone else is excited about this! 10 more days on the Kickstarter and it looks plausible but tricky for them to reach the £2m stretch goal. Would be nice if they managed.

I've never really played any games of this sort, other than small amounts of Banjo-Kazooie a long time ago. Making up for that, I've been watching a 100% Let's Play of that game so that I feel at least somewhat ready for the style of item hide-and-seek that Yooka-Laylee will entail.

bibliodragon and Silvarrn like this.
  4. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Oh yes, I actually backed this ^^ Something to the tune of £35. I was more tempted to back enough to get a physical version on PC than I'd like to admit, but I opted not to in the end just went with £35.

This may sound a tad petty, but I'm incredibly happy for the KickStarter's success not just for the game itself and how it can now live up to its fullest potential, but also because it proves Microsoft wrong about there not being a demand for old school 3D platformers.

We may not be a Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed level market, but we do exist and when called upon to put our money where our mouth is we delivered. Doesn't get any sweeter than that, especially after such a long wait for another game of its ilk.

#4 Leon K Fox, 6 June 2015
    Last edited: 6 June 2015
  5. bibliodragon

I'm throwing £65 at this because I must have a tshirt! I used to play Banjo a lot, though never actually finished it as there was so much to do and it was rented from the video shop (and I have just revealed my age here). Now Mario 64, oh wow so many hours spent on that!

I'm glad that older style games are poping up now and again, like Broken Age for point and click puzzles, and side scrolling platformers like Ori and the Blind Forest. And now the 3d platformer!

Silvarrn likes this.
  6. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

I backed the same amount!

Absolutely loved Banjo Kazooie as a kid and I'm with JonTron on the embarrassment that was NnB.

The team looks great but there's a lot of work for a team that's i remember reading somewhere will consist of 12 people?

Back in the N64 days that'd been great but now? not so much :S cant wait for this through! Also more art
    [​IMG]

Leon K Fox likes this.
  7. Cuttleshock

But that's why the game's not due until November next year, I suppose. Since they're making good headway on a lot of work-intensive stuff such as model creation, I think they've got enough time to perform all the necessary creative processes of stage/story/character design, at which this all-star team should excel.

Silvarrn likes this.
  8. Leon K Fox

#8 Leon K Fox, 7 June 2015
    Last edited: 7 June 2015
  9. bibliodragon

Ha, looking at that I'd forgotton how irritated I got at the opening screen which shows game footage of Banjo beating monsters. Damn it Banjo, he dropped a honeycomb, go pick it up!

10. bibliodragon

Silvarrn likes this.
  11. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

I REALLY WANT THE N64 VERSION

BUT I LACK THE FUNDS D:

12. Leon K Fox

The Kickstarter ended this morning, over £2 million raised in total and I couldn't be happier for Playtonic. The release in October 2016 is one I will be highly anticipating going forward. I cannot wait to see how the game turns out and I hope it sees great success upon its release.

13. Willow_Mist

Willow_Mist Active Pony

ALL ABOARD THE YOOKA-LAYLEE HYPE TRAIN! I'm so excited for this game, I can't even~ Grant Kirkhope is a hero. So happy that those guys got back together. Rareware games were the highlight of gaming childhood for me!

Yeah I was intrigued by the N64 version too, but ouch, monies :C

Silvarrn likes this.
  14. bibliodragon

So, backers. What colour? (everyone knows green is superior!)

Also some awesome fan animation by some peeps familiar to Pony fans!

Willow_Mist and sean retro like this.
  15. Willow_Mist

Willow_Mist Active Pony

Purple! 'Coz puuuirpol iz k00l! Everyone knows that #Green is not a creative colour# :p
    Haha, that animation is awesome! Especially the voice acting - seems to suit the characters well! :D Thanks for sharing!

Was really interested in this Rare Concert that was on the cards, but unfortunately they've postponed it until further notice. That'd be awesome though! David Wise and Grant Kirkhope's wonderful creations with a live orchestra, yes please!