1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

You are (all) cordially invited...

Discussion in 'Official News' started by BRJ, 23 June 2013.

1. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

Howdy folks - how are we all doing?

I guess I'll start with the big news. Yesterday - (blimey, it is 'yesterday' now, isn't it?) - at Pitp, I asked my girlfriend, LezliDax, to be my wife.

Fortunately for me, she said yes.

So here I sit, typing away with my fiancee lying asleep beside me...and its made me realize something. I have a lot to be thankful for, and a lot of people to say thank you to. So, if you'll permit me a moment of your time, I'd like to tell you the story of how this was all made possible. By saying thank yous.

Firstly, I owe huge thanks to Alteran - boss, if you hadn't founded UK of Equestria, Dax & I wouldn't have met. For that, I'll likely be in your debt forever.

To my brother-in-arms Max Apogee, without whom I would have bolted from my first meet within 5 minutes of arriving. You've been one of my best pals since day #1 and thanks to you I've never stopped looking forward to the next brony meet. I even met my future missus at Pitp. Again, my thanks.

Then there was the late night skype convo I had with Treacle Flapjack which kicked off the RP for 'My Little Human'. Thanks to him, I got talking with one Princess CelezliDax for the first time.

I also want to thank my brother CJJ and my band of bronies who made today possible - Stormswirl, Greetings, greatodyer, Silvarrn and Max...again...

Lastly, I want to thank all of you guys; the friends I've made through this site and all of the bros that have made this community something Lezli and I cherish. We've come so far as a couple and, since the very beginning, we've been surrounded by the best friends anyone could ask for.

And yes, we do wish that everyone who started this race with us could have been there; we missed my little sis, the spirit of chaos, our very precioussss friend...

So...did you read all that? Well done. If not, here be the TL;DR.

Dax and I are getting married and I'm so very grateful to this forum, and it's members. You will all be invited to the wedding and we hope that, by the time the big day arrives, all of our friends will be there. Whatever divisions may exist now, they are nothing when compared to an open bar love.

Be good, people.

- BRJ

2. Greetings

Greetings Greetings

I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Dax and BRJ like this.
  3. Darkhunn

Darkhunn AKA Darkmetal, the Easygoing one

Congratulations to you both!! :D What a wonderful story. :)

Dax and BRJ like this.
  4. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Having never been to a wedding, I'd be honoured to go to yours. I'll try my best to be there.
    I do recall saying at the first PitP that you and Dax looked a bit like a couple. I must be a good predictor or something cause dayum.
    Anyway, best of luck to you both. I hope you live long and fruitful lives in each others' company. <3

Dax and BRJ like this.
  5. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Congratulations! [​IMG] I doubt that your wedding will coincide with my UK Trip... but I shall be there in spirit!

Dax and BRJ like this.
  6. ecmc1093

ecmc1093 floof

But of course I will be there if I can <3

Dax and BRJ like this.
  7. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

You do realise someone is going to have to cosplay as Lezli now and do a whole bit singing This Day Aria in an attempt to trick you, right? :p

In all seriousness though I'd love to attend if I can. Shall have to try and negotiate the day off work. :)

I know I've said it before, but congratulations to the both of you. You're both awesome and deserve a long, happy life together.

Dax, Urioxis, Sweet Tale and 5 others like this.
  8. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Congratulations once again BRJ and LezliDax on yesterday, I wish you both all the best for the future.
    Teasle and Babbage it would seem we possibly have a wedding to attend all subject to dates and times. :D

Dax and BRJ like this.
  9. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

I'll try my best - just don't expect me to come in a dress. I hate dresses.
    I'll just walk away and cry that I wasn't in for consideration…

Dax and BRJ like this.
  10. luke_bannon

Congratulations

Dax and BRJ like this.
  11. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Sorry for being a bit rude and not congratulating you two yesterday..congratulations. Expect me to come in a dress.

Dax and BRJ like this.
  12. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

Once again, I offer my congratulations to both BRJ and LezliDax, and I wish them all the best for a happy and prosperous future.

As two of the most caring staffers on the forum, and two of the friendliest people I've met in my life, they've helped me a lot during a rough time I was going through previously, and made me look forward to the future. I have a lot to be thankful for, and although my other friends have, too, supported me over the past year, it was them that got me to where I am now.

At last year's PitP (and the first, IIRC), I did notice something about a BRJ+Lezli ship, and although I did admittedly play it down a bit, I then knew that it all became real, but deep down, I knew that they were made for each other, and I'm happy for them. It's amazing how we, as a community, have come this far, and yesterday was an excellent example.

In terms of the invite, it would be very unrighteous for me to say "no", so I'd have to say "yes". To take cues from BRJ, I'll turn up in my best suit, which will be a level up from what I've got at the moment :D

So once again, I'd like to thank BRJ and Lezli for being the best of supportive friends I could wish for, and may their future as husband and wife be a brilliant one :)

Dax and BRJ like this.
  13. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Challenge acce... nah, just kidding XP

Congratulations to the two of you. I am gutted I missed out on your special moment at PitP (work is draining my life away more than ever), but I will certainly make sure to set a date off for the big day.

Dax and BRJ like this.
  14. Cal

Cal still a Lunartic

congratulations to you two :)

Dax and BRJ like this.
  15. Joshywooful

Joshywooful Discord HypeSquad Member

Congratulations, BRJ!

Dax and BRJ like this.
  16. SmartyShy

SmartyShy Katie's huggie bear and Guardian Angel

Congratulations to you both x

Dax and BRJ like this.
  17. Heatseeker

Heatseeker Honorary Pony

Congratulations you two. :D

Dax and BRJ like this.
  18. Josh

Josh Honorary Pony

Congratulations and best of luck to you both!

Of course I'll be there! :)

Dax and BRJ like this.
  19. The Hindmost

The Hindmost I believe in Cranky Cool

Congratulations! Can't wait to find out when it is :)

Dax and BRJ like this.
  20. waterdancer

waterdancer Honorary Pony

Did someone say wedding?
    *Captain Jack Sparrow randomly appears*I love weddings, Drinks all around!
    Anywho, Congratulations to the both of you, I'm sure your wedding day would be something to remember, for better or worse (hopefully better), just one question, am I invited?, because if so, Then I'll be attending if I can.

Dax and BRJ like this.