1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your current mood?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Bric-a-Brac, 12 June 2012.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Pretty happy, got a couple of nice birthday presents, booze, food etc

2. Twisted_Tempest

Twisted_Tempest Certified Hoonigan

I have no idea... My head has been all over the place... I don't know what to do with myself, and I'm starting to just not want to do anything at all...

3. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Drained. Drain drained, drainedski. Really tired, really worn out but this is my job we are talking here. It's nothing new for me but only cuz I've got things on my mind.

4. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Stressed out, shaken, and overall tired and upset. Was frustrated all day long over Wii U and Switch. Let me explain my dilemma.

It started out with one simple fact, the Wii U really isn't getting anymore games. In fact, we bought Darksiders Warmastered Edition, and I just told my mom to save it for Christmas as I have a tradition of getting at least one new video game for Christmas, and I don't want to break that (unfortunately it means I know what one of my gifts is). This is the dilemma, I cannot get a Switch until my birthday, and the less and less retail releases for Wii U, the less to even look forward to. There are some digital games which is cool, mostly indie and surprisingly a few of them are Rayman GBA games released this past spring.

It's frustrating. After the Wii U came out in 2012, I didn't worry much as Wii games were still produced. I bought Disney Infinity 1.0 for Wii (which also gave a free download version when I got a Wii U later on), Skylanders Superchargers Racing, and other games being produced including a few How To Train Your Dragon and some Monster High games (which I do count, just because it's not a AAA game doesn't mean it's not an option. Plus I like the Monster High cartoons, so this isn't an issue with me). The Wii still gets Just Dance games, but that's a given, so does Wii U. Also, I have a cuter version of that... Smurfs Dance Party.

Wii U, it's like once Switch came out, Nintendo left us without much to look forward to. Zelda, have it. Cars 3, thank you WB Games for releasing this. Darksiders, do not open until Christmas, whoa, THQ Nordic kept to their promise of releasing it. Just Dance 2018, I'd rather dance with Smurfette. Honestly, it feels like a slap in the face. The Wii had at least 2-3 years after the Wii U of games. There was still options. This, it feels so slim, unless I go onto the eShop for some virtual console or Indie games.

To add insult, Sonic Forces come out this week, a Sonic game I have to wait to play. I'm still surprised I got to play Sonic Mania via PC, I got really lucky when Sega made it have such low requirements. Most 2D games I see nowadays for some reason need high end PCs, even if it looks like a 16-bit game.

So here I sit, felt frustrated and angry all day because I can't play the new Sonic game, and there's not much to even look forward to on Wii U. I am getting it for my birthday in April (mom blew the surprise in attempt to try to calm me down, it's a definite, but I don't really want to wait because people love spoiling stuff). There are older games to check out, but really Christmas is the only time I can get a new game, new as in full price game. Most of the time, I tend to buy games on discount. Great example, I bought Smurfs 2 on Wii U for $12, but to add to it, I never knew there was a Smurfs game on the Wii U at all, I only knew it was on Wii. Thanks poor advertising, this Smurf fan found out by browsing GameStop.

5. Cendaquenta

*offers a hug and/or plushie*

I relate to the frustration with the Switch - Nintendo are really cramming all their eggs into one shockingly overpriced basket just now. Pokémon is the only video game I devotedly follow, and after Ultra Sun comes out in a few weeks, I'd have to shell out about £340 to be able to play the next game, which will be on Switch.

6. Snowyshy

*takes hug and plushie, and hugs back*

I know, it's really annoying. At this point, 3DS is the only "current" game system I have (unless by some fluke a new Wii U game comes out, Cars 3 was that, I was honestly not expecting a new Wii U game this year... outside Just Dance).

Cendaquenta likes this.
  7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I'd put money on them releasing a cheaper handheld only version of the Switch at the same time as the first switch pokemon like they did 2DS and x/y to boost sales.

8. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Sadly, it's more of a business thing. I've put so many hours into the Wii U and some of my favourite games from the past few years are on it, but the simple fact of the matter is it didn't do well, being one of Nintendo's lowest selling consoles of all time (shame honestly, I still think it had some untapped potential). Compare that to the Wii which did tremendously and was still able to keep a good shelf life after the Wii U entered the scene. It's the main reason Nintendo just wants to move on from it, especially since the Switch is making an absolute killing with over 7.3 million units sold in eight months; that's over half the Wii U did in its entire four-year span.

I know saying this is definitely not helping you feel better and I am genuinely sorry about that, but that is the sad truth. It does make me feel good that you're still enjoying the Wii U though. I'm a very happy Switch owner, but it's good to know the Wii U still has its fans.

That has to be a scalper price since I got mine for £230. With that said, hey Nintendo: RESTOCK YOUR PRODUCTS!

Snowyshy and Cuttleshock like this.
  9. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I'll toss a *hug* in too.

I don't know what they're thinking at the moment. I thought the Wii U was going to continue on in parallel with the Switch.

They're churning out new consoles too quickly - nowadays when the big title games take like 5 years to develop you're seeing 1 Zelda / Final Fantasy / whatever per console generation, 2 if you're lucky. So you end up buying a whole console just for 1 game (or I do anyway). And then they make the Switch games £60 each, which is why I only have one Switch game and can't see that changing any time soon...

It's just unnecessary to make new consoles so quickly IMO - if you want to be on the power treadmill, there's the PC. Consoles are about having a consistent platform you know what to expect from, and I think it'd be fine these days to keep one alive for a good 7-8 years before bringing a new one out. Plus you feel the leap in technology more.

Snowyshy likes this.
  10. Cendaquenta

I was counting the cost of the console and game - game £60, Switch around £280 (which is what Amazon currently have them for).
    I do hope so...

11. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Positive evidence:
    • The Game Boy Mini, bundled with Pokémon Gold/Silver;
    • the GBA Micro, which didn't come with any games but was small and cheap and played the contemporary Pokémon;
    • the completely-overlooked Wii Mini;
    • and strongest of all, the 2DS that came bundled with ORAS.
    It seems like a very plausible progression, in particular because there's so little that the Switch does that needs TV mode (most games improve performance slightly but that's the extent of it).

In fact, stronger argument: in Nintendo's most recent financial report, they released that some very sizable proportion (don't remember what it was, maybe 60+%) of Switch gameplay is done in handheld mode, based on automatically-collected user statistics. That's likely to factor into their decision to move away from its home console nature.

Wonderbolt and Cendaquenta like this.
  12. Snowyshy

Which is the truth sadly. I'm glad it makes you feel better I'm still enjoying mine. :) I still play it weekly, last major game I tackled was Star Fox Zero, and I loved every moment it. Got it for my birthday, haven't been able to fully enjoy it until recently. Moving happened after my birthday.

I do have Darksiders to look forward to, so there is that. Also there are the games I missed out on, or didn't know exists. *glares at that Smurfs 2 case*

I completely agree with this. I'm tired of seeing things sold out all the time.

That's what I hope too, I get it didn't sell well, but still provide something new for the install base who has to wait to buy a Switch, whether it's financial reasons (I have to wait until my birthday because rent and bills) or it's constantly sold out.

Agreed, Zelda Breath of the Wild is soooo huge, it took me 8 hours before reaching the first dungeon. XD They need to slow down, the most recent system I have is the New 3DS, that I bought on my own. I could do the same with Switch, but money is tight since moving. It's either save up for a Switch, or save up for a new laptop, I'm doing the latter as mine is pretty old at this point. Because of that, it was a blessing that Sonic Mania works on my PC. :D I wasn't going to buy it until I got a Switch or a new PC.

13. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I can see Switch having a long lifespan as it will be both Nintendo's home and handheld unit.
    I think Cuttleshock is spot on that they will push its handheld nature more, whilst I play mostly in TV mode and only go to handheld if the TV is being used, a lot of videos I see online by Switch users say they just use handheld mode.
    Switches biggest struggle I think will be pricing, if they go down the £60 per game route (that some preorders are listed on GAME as now) they may struggle to sell to the casual market the Wii/DS/3DS did so well in.

14. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

Tired and sad. I quit drinking again a few days ago and I got cravings, so i ran to the corner shop (up a steep hill) and made it 2 mins before closing, but I left my purse at home. It was frustrating but for the best, i took it as a sign from the universe that i should stay away from the booze and stop being an idiot.

15. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

Very hollow, my Nan passed away this morning

16. Cendaquenta

I'm so very sorry.

17. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

I'm sorry for your loss.

18. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Sorry for your loss.

19. Cendaquenta

so the mood of the day is:

[​IMG]

(nothing serious, just... lockdown getting to me, doglessness getting to me, I'm a big ball o' emotions)

20. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Not fun. *hugs*