1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Played more Psychonaults today and I've cleared Millie Voedola's mind and hopefully clear a bit more of it tomorrow. Also played some more Luigi's Mansion 2 and I've managed to get Old Clockworks and complete the first mission in that place.

2. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Uh-huh? See, I was initially just going as far as I could without items; reached around Level 60 before I came across the little tidbit that it does, in fact, give a second Mega Speedup at Level 100. I ended up spending around 70,000 Coins, though no Jewels, in order to get there, and now am scrambling with the regular Meowth stage in order to get enough Coins back to go for a couple of nice runs at Mega Blastoise.

By the way, I caught it at Level 8, which was pretty lucky. You have over a 50% chance of catching it by Level 10 and not getting it by Level 50 takes ridiculously bad fortune (we're talking worse than one in a million). I did the calculations, which says something...
    Have you been able to get past the unbreakable blocks at the start? At any rate, yes, it is decidedly difficult and took me a good 30-40 attempts to catch (including attempts in which I didn't beat it); not as bad as Regirock a month or so back was, though. Has an 8% base Catchability with 2% bonus per move.

3. Equestrian Idiot

Equestrian Idiot Undead Weeb

On tuesday I managed to get Left 4 Dead 2 pretty cheap in the Steam Summer Sales (among other games), so I've pretty much been playing it all week. Probably helps that I also finished my second year of college the previous day.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

What does the Mega Speedup item even do? I know I have one as the Giratina event gives you one, but I can't see any evidence of having it anywhere. I can't even see any evidence that it exists. :confused:

Speaking of Mega Blastoise though, I decided to go for a full blooded run with all the items you can use, since I had two free items for it anyway and I figured I ought to try after passing on Mega Venusaur. I scored about triple my previous high score and got ranked just below 1400. I feel pretty confident that should be enough to secure the mega stone given there's only really tomorrow for people to do last minute runs.

As for Dialga, I find myself racing to get Lucario mega evolved so I can clear the unbreakable blocks, but I always find I don't have enough turns to inflict enough damage once I do. I always end up running out of moves with Dialga having around one quarter of his health left. I swear it's impossible without items unless you get some incredible good fortune. Whoever designed this stage was feeling really sadistic. :mad:

Cuttleshock likes this.
  5. Cuttleshock

You get one for free and then one at each Level 50 and 100 of Giratina, so you'd have the free one. It's the candy thing you can see when selecting Pokémon for a stage; if you've noticed that each Mega you own has that same icon next to it with a 0/X (X being a number between 1 and 9), you can give that Pokémon up to X Mega Speedups. Those permanently reduce the number of matches you need to make to Mega Evolve.
    I don't know it you're doing this already, but the best way, far as I can tell, to start the stage off (save for using power-ups) is to deliberately make one match at a time; if you can keep going for 5 turns with the 20 Pokémon icons available at first, all initial blocks will disappear, which takes less time to do than Mega Evolving Lucario and removing them that way. Ninetales gives an extra way out (as it has Block Bash), though that's slightly luck-based.

And no, I hold fast by the fact that Regirock was worse. There was no such 'trick' to get through it; you just had two pretty much useless columns (files B and E) until, at best, a third from the end of the stage; also, it had still higher HP.
    Glad to hear it! Mega Blastoise isn't the absolute best but definitely has uses, and, after all, is the only Water-type Mega presently available.

On that note, having finished satisfactorily levelling up my anti-Water team, I'm going to go and do the same after a little warm-up. Shall edit this post with the ranking I get, if I'm pleased with it.

EDIT: Eww, kind of disappointed. 135th at present, and expect that to sink considerably by the end of Sunday. I'll go for at least one more run, having picked up a couple of ideas from the results of this one.

#4445 Cuttleshock, 20 June 2015
    Last edited: 21 June 2015
    Robshi likes this.
  6. FXPON01

FXPON01 Spreads Peace Through Strength

My gaming time has been completely taken over by a title called Freedom Planet.

Anyone who longs for a return to the amazing games that graced the Mega Drive like Sonic, Gunstar Heroes, Sparkster and Ristar needs to check this game out. Currently available on PC/MAC/Steam/GOG and due out on Wii U in early August (download demo before tomorrow and get 15% off when it launches).

That and its got an absolutely killer soundtrack.

7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I got bored so a few random sea battles on Empire Total war. Also some time on UKoE's own Minecraft server.
    Plus a some time spent on the Toy story playset of Disney infinity.

8. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

God I wish I had completed that playset and I was levelling up my Woody, Buzz and Jessie figures equally for that.

Anyways my gaming time involved me going through another mission in Old Clockworks in Luigi's Mansion 2. Found a clock hand but a brainy ghost pretty much flow away with it. And I had to deal with Greenies that were posing as mummies.

Wonderbolt likes this.
  9. CreamCrazy

CreamCrazy Host of The CC Network on Youtube

Played some games I bought in the Steam Sale.

• Ittle Dew
    • Little Inferno
    • Fez
    • Forward To The Sky
    • Long Live The Queen
    All pretty good games, worth the £16 I paid for them!

10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Ah, so that's what those candy looking things do. Wow, they are powerful, although I have a feeling that I'll just horde mine and not know who to use them on.

I've earned my Blastoisite. I ended up in the top 2500 overall, which I'm happy with. I also tried that trick with the Dialga stage, and not only did I finally beat it but I caught it with my first Poke ball! That's a relief, now I just have to focus on catching Manaphy and the new Safari Pokemon. I already caught Darumaka today. The Manaphy stage is pretty straightforward too.

11. Cuttleshock

Caught a full four more Pokémon in Shuffle. Ideally, I'll be able to get a further four before the close of the next two weeks (via finishing Pokémon Safari, and by S-Ranking all Main stages and thus unlocking EX23 and EX24).
    Same here, until I decide I'm confident in a use for them. I estimate that there are about 50 slots for them in non-Normal-Type Megas at present (assuming Normals will never really be useful), and that number will only rise, so yes, they're hard to allocate.
    Well done on Dia! Manaphy's definitely one of the nicer standalone Legendaries we've seen in a long time; the Pokémon Safari, too, is really nice to see again (I'm not sure if you were playing when the previous one came by, but I loved that event).

12. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I did play one of the previous Safari events, although I didn't manage to catch all the Pokemon in it. I find it annoying that you have no idea what you're facing until it's too late though. I went up against Darumaka with two bug type Pokemon because I thought it might be a rerun of the last event. Plus, if you have caught some but not others, you may end up facing off against Pokemon you've already caught.

I'm also trying to catch all the Pokemon and S-Rank the main stages. I still haven't even unlocked Mewtwo yet. The only EX Stage Pokemon I've yet to catch that I can face are Xerneas and Blaziken. I can understand why Xerneas would be hard, but why is Blaziken so much tougher to beat than the other two Hoenn starters? :confused:

13. Cuttleshock

Blaziken is hard. Yes. I can't supply a reason either, but I distinctly remember that it and Moltres were two of my most troubling early Expert stages. I got lucky with Xerneas, it being the one time I caught a Pokémon on 1%; subsequently, Mewtwo was rock-hard, but Genesect was just the worst. It seems that the Kalos starters aren't as stark in difficulty.

14. Pinwheel

Pinwheel Memes of Dreams

I got Bloodborne. I haven't put it down since. I've got up to the Blood-Starved Beast. The bosses are much better than Dark Souls 2.

15. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

So today I spend hours on Railroad Tycoon II for Playstation 1 lol

Core_Underscore likes this.
  16. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Was in the mood for a kids game today, a rather old kids game. So I played Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius for GameCube on Wii. Brings back memories of winter 2003 playing this while wearing a Jimmy Neutron shirt on after a nice time at the mall with mom and brother. Good times!

As for the game itself, still enjoying it, just the cutscenes with Jimmy and friends, their mouths don't move. XD Aside from that, had fun playing.

17. Core_Underscore

Core_Underscore Night-time stalker of forums.

It's a shame that Railroad Tycoon III was terrible in comparison and they're all really dated now, they were good games! I had the original on Atari.

I've been playing a little of this, a little of that. A little Farm Sim 15, a little TransOcean (the old Ports of Call, but with actual graphics) and a free game called TubeStar, which is kind of like an open source YouTube Content Creator simulator...

Wonderbolt likes this.
  18. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Yep when I was playing last week in the 2020's my fleet mostly consisted on A4's, Old American 4-4-0's, Bullet trains and TGV's which was kinda crazy lol.

Has Farming sim got really big now or something its advertised like in every gaming store now lol. I have Drive green basically John Deeres own farming sim.

19. Core_Underscore

Core_Underscore Night-time stalker of forums.

Farming Sim has got fairly big because there is a HUGE modding community around it and it's starting to trend, more and more people are giving it a try and finding it enjoyable. The easy of modding in it also just helps sell the game. You can get basically any John Deere in the game, with mods and the mods are so well made, they're on par, if not better than the vanilla game.

20. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

A session on Smash Bros Wii U

Laurence Hammond likes this.