1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

I promise I'm not just making excuses - I genuinely have horrible luck with team match-ups in Splatoon. And then, just as I was about to win a game, ten seconds from the end, my internet cut out for an instant and I automatically lost (presumably leaving the points to the rest of my team)...

2. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Played Mortal Kombat on my PC while I waited for Smash Bros for Wii U to update. After Smash Bros updated, I tried the Tails and Knuckles Mii costumes in a few quick matches. While I was in a waiting area, played some Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis on GBA. After dinner, played Mortal Kombat 3 and Ford Racing 3 on PC, online with my friend of course.

3. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

ive got back into Eiyuu Senki for the past week... having previously no-lifed it over Christmas (10+ hrs per day for 3/4 days lol). but dayum, this game is long. good fun, but does drag a bit at times (mainly when doing events for characters you have no interest in)

makes me wish Gold (the semi-sequel semi-improved version) was the one that got licensed over here, as it has more depth and better balanced combat along with an improved item system... wonder why Fruitbat licensed the original. probably because it was cheaper. kinda disappointing though.

tempting to get Gold in JP and play it with the English interface patch. that way i could understand the gameplay and have to rely on my JP skill for any story and character stuff. which to be fair, i reckon i could get away with...

4. Cuttleshock

Last night, I had a Bad Idea. Acted upon it this morning when playing Splatoon: I dusted off the regular Splattershot and played several rounds of what I guess I'll call 'Bomb Rush' games. Only Burst Bombs are allowed, as well as the Bomb Rush Special: I didn't once press ZR. It's... an interesting experience! Very variable, and it's probably not possible to get more than 700 points even via non-stop throwing with recharge time included; 400 points, plus or minus, are the standard result. I need to do it more often so as to have an idea of what it's like on most or all stages. I first had the idea when I discovered last night that, with two Bomb Range Up Main Abilities equipped, one can just about hit the sniping ledge in Moray Towers, which is, like, pretty exciting.

Typically, it seems that it's not worth using more than one instance of that Ability, though; Damage Up is very important to greatly increase the number of 2HKOs and 3HKOs that can be achieved (two direct hits are always a 2HKO regardless of your attack or their defence, but that's much too optimistic), as is Ink Recovery Up (because once you throw 4 bombs, you're unable to do anything at all for some time, so minimising that downtime is a huge help). Ink Saver (Sub) probably can allow a barrage of 5 rather than 4 Burst Bombs, but even three instances of it as a Main Ability don't suffice, and I've been impressed at how little gear I have that has either that or Bomb Range Up as a Sub Ability; nothing at all has two instances of them (though I think I may have a shirt that has one of each, at least).

This is so much fun. Like, as much as using the H-3 Nozzlenose, and it goes just as badly.

5. Snowyshy

A rather Sonic-y day gaming. Played some Sonic Advance 3 this morning, Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis this afternoon. Not sure if I'm going to play something later.

6. Cuttleshock

Update on Bomb Rush games: there is a very specific selection of gear that I've picked out as crucial to any success for this playstyle. The biggest problem is that Bomb Range Up has no positively-influencing brands, so I have to rely on it as a Main Ability; two instances of it are preferable there. Then at least one Main or three Subs for Damage Up are crucial, preferably two Mains/six Subs; similarly for Ink Recovery Up. Finally, there's one pair of Tentatek shoes which have Ink Resistance Up, which feels very relevant (as one can get completely stuck in opposing ink when doing this. Ink Saver (Sub) is surprisingly less important than might be expected; it can allow me to throw an extra Burst Bomb before recharging, which is a huge benefit, yes, but it requires, at minimum, three Mains/two Subs or two Mains/five Subs or one Main/eight Subs; if I did use that, I guess it'd be exclusively for stages in which Range Up wouldn't be very relevant, allowing me to have Damage and Recovery Up in the remaining slots.

7. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I've returned to the portal gateway duties of Lego Dimensions I've now unboxed my Joker and Harley Quinn team pack and I've been using them a fair bit now and it's amazing how my roster once went from 5 characters to 22 now that's quite an impressive amount of characters for my roster I will admit. That's about half of the cast there. Anyways I've pretty much been collecting gold bricks in the Doctor Who adventure world, upgrading the Cloud Cuckooland Car so that I can now get the rest of the mini kits in the level for the Doctor Who level pack meaning I also save Clara as well and also doing quests that I couldn't previously in the Back to the Future world. Other that, it's been a slow day what with me completing Lego Marvel on 100% and everything so yeah.

8. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

XCOM 2 has been eating up the majority of my time.
    Man am I arse at it, the game feels so much harder in comparison to Enemy Unknown.

MCtoastie likes this.
  9. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

right, finally got Eiyuu Senki Gold to patch properly. curse having to change to Japanese locale.

time to see if i can deal with playing a game in japanese. the interfaces in english will mean it's at least better than when i played Kancolle (+the fact i knew next to no japanese then) but i'm still betting i'll give up.

as an aside:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...rn-release-wont-include-japanese-audio/.98421
    welp, i'm turning voices off then.

hopefully they'll do a Neptunia and release the JP voices as free DLC...

Magpie likes this.
  10. A Newcomer

A Newcomer A Shadowbolt's reputation never dies.

Been playing Bayonetta in Smash Brothers for Wii U today. She is SO overpowered when you think about it.

With her moveset, I was able to complete Classic 9.0. (and set a new Classic Mode record in the process.), and All-Star mode. I was also able to get 100% on the credits wall at the end due to her guns. This gave me the Credits music for My Music.

If you want to join me in playing Smash Brothers, my Wii U information is down below.

11. Cuttleshock

More Bomb Rush in Splatoon! I think I've had enough for a bit, now, if only because I need to get back to Ranked before I get rusty there. Have had amazing success with levelling up Burst Bomb-relevant gear, though I'm now very poor, relatively speaking. However, most importantly - finally, I caught sight of the last piece of non-level, non-amiibo gear that I was missing, the Yellow Layered LS! I wouldn't have known that it existed had my sister not once had the amazing fortune to come across it in her store... I'm sure that it's disproportionately unlikely to appear in there, as this is the first time in over 40 levels of playing that I've seen anyone else wearing it. Ordered it with Spyke so I can't afford to miss out on picking it up tomorrow.

12. Snowyshy

After church this morning, I was playing Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis on my GBA. The person I rode to church with was talking with a friend, so I played while waiting.

The other day, my mom found a Nintendo Winter 2002 catalog, upon browsing it I saw Jimmy Neutron vs. Jimmy Negatron in the GBA section. So I dug up my cart I bought back in 2002, and played it. So far I cleared the first three worlds and the first boss.

This evening, played an online game of Shadow Warrior Classic with my friend, while chatting about anything and everything.

MCtoastie likes this.
  13. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

3 more sleeps until Megadimension Neptunia. and i've booked Friday and Monday off work to play it. because i'm that cool.

you know, whenever i get this excited about a game it almost invariably disappoints me. i'm looking at you, Lightning Returns and Dragon Age 2.

anyway... ive been playing a bit of Eiyuu Senki Gold in japanese. it properly burns my brain out but i can get the gist of happenings at the very least. some sections i can understand entirely... but the problem is several of the important characters early on speak in really weird accents. Date Masamune speaks entirely in archaic samurai-esque language (soregashi!), Inou Tadataka is entirely in honourific/humble language, Abe no Seimei speaks Kansai-ben... it'll probably get easier as i get to places other than japan, where the characters are more likely to speak regular modern japanese (ironically)

and i realise no one understands or likely cares about most of what i just said. but oh well. the important point is, i haven't given up yet, and i'm past the introductory section. how much i understand depends on how much i can be bothered. if i go through it line by line with a dictionary i get most of it, if i cant be bothered and just rush it i can get the gist

14. Snowyshy

More Sonic today! Played Sonic Riders for a bit this morning. Continued that game of Sonic Genesis I started the other day while I was out of the house. Played a good chunk of Sonic 3D Blast, and probably got the furthest I ever have playing that game.

15. MCtoastie

MCtoastie Element of Elements

XCOM 2 and boy has it stepped up since the first one, although all my guys missing there targets at the in the first few missions didn't help :S

16. Snowyshy

Turned on my GBA to complete that Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis game I started. Played Sonic Spinball up until level 4. Stopped when I reached level 4 as I didn't feel like playing anymore. Not sure if I'll play anything later, unless my friend calls me and wants to play an online game.

17. Cuttleshock

I have a huge amount of work to do before I can really be confident in bringing... any weapons other than the Tri-Slosher to Ranked Battles. If nothing else, it's a goal of mine to master all three buckets, A) because they're cute and B) because I am abysmal at conventional aiming, which they almost entirely forgo. And it's necessary to have something of greater range than the Tri for a good few stages. The Sloshing Machine undergoes what's close to projectile motion, more or less the same as bombs, and, somehow or other, I'm (comparing to standards of other players) much better at that than, like, aiming in a straight line. Good if it works!

18. Snowyshy

More Sonic today. Played and beat 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on 3DS in Super Sonic mode. Playing Sonic 2 with Super Sonic from the start of every level is a crazy experience.

19. Cuttleshock

Splatoon: began working towards mastery of the standard Slosher (not to say that I believe that I have anything at all close to that with any weapon thus far, but it's the long-term goal for a few!). I definitely felt that things were looking better towards the end of the day than the beginning (no, I didn't play non-stop...) but a good way remains to go. A reasonable measure of expertise in each weapon is the Turf Inked counter - my best weapon, the Tri-Slosher, actually has a pretty small amount for my level, it looks like, comparing it to favourite picks of other players from Level 30 upwards, at 223kp (hardly any with the Nouveau, the set of which feels very stage-specific). So I'd expect to be feeling very confident with a weapon by the time I reached the area of 200kp.

I then have 117kp with H-3 Nozzlenoses (90kp with Dolphin variant - I'm terrible with these and they are probably bad weapons, but I've had so much fun with them); 104kp with Sloshing Machines (93kp of which with the standard; now need to work on a quick-splat technique); 82kp with the Junior Splattershot (haven't even touched the Custom, as the Bubbler makes it for me); 74kp with Mini Splatlings (42kp with Zinc, 32kp with standard, but the latter has been much less used since Zinc was released).

I have 62kp with Splattershots (twice as much with Tentatek as standard, but neither have been used in Ranked, at least not for an eternity); 44kp with Heavy Splatlings (almost 40kp on the dot with the normal variant, but I do need to improve my Kraken play with the Deco); 44kp with regular Sloshers (only a marginal amount with the Deco, but same point about the Kraken; however, I find that it works terrifically with Burst Bombs); 43kp with Hydra Splatlings (most with standard, though I don't think I can use either in Ranked); and 43kp with Carbon Rollers (reasonably even split, as they both work well for me on different stages).

It still goes steadily down below that, but I think that those are the most significant weapons to consider, perhaps alongside the Dynamo Rollers, which have 20kp between them and which I have used successfully in Ranked Battles, specifically Splat Zones, specifically those maps with two Zones to cover, as the spray of the Dynamo takes up the small spaces wonderfully. Coverage scores brought on-demand courtesy of SplatNet! It's Handy™.

20. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I was busy today showing off Lego Dimensions to my best mate who hadn't seen anything about the game and I showed off the Wizard of Oz, Doctor Who and DC Comics levels in story mode just to give him an idea of how the gameplay works and even explain the details of what he didn't understand and plus banter while playing through the game. Even explored the Lord of the Rings Adventure World and I even got to proceed with the story of the game as a result.