1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

I really should play AC more often. I do like the villagers I have. Mira being my favourite

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Loganberry and Starbright like this.
  3. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Confusing me is extremely easy, regardless of the cause. ;)

On-topic, though: I've been playing a whole lot of Screamer 2, another retro (1996) game I bought in a GOG sale. For some reason it really hits the sweet spot for me when it comes to arcade racers -- that "one more go" feel is right there. :)

Snowyshy and Wonderbolt like this.
  4. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Playing some Infinity got me in the mood to play an old Disney video game favorite, Cars. Played both the GameCube and GBA versions lately. Still remains one of my favorite movie tie in games, Disney games, and racing games, both versions.

Good choice, I haven't played Screamer 2, but I have the first one from GOG. Fun stuff, really like how it's like the old games Daytona USA or Ridge Racer.

5. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Theme park (The original 1994 DOS version) this game is tough as you need to research before you can get good rides =p)

Corduroy Road likes this.
  6. Starbright

Starbright Pony

Played Kingdom Hearts today. I haven't played it in a while, so I forgot how great it is xD

Robshi likes this.
  7. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Oh yeah another guy who plays Kingdom Hearts! Hoofbump brother!

Starbright likes this.
  8. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

Been actually trying to complete Majora's Mask at the moment. Got stuck in Snowhead though

9. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Speaking of, I really need to do more Majorica's Mask on my 3DS.

10. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

Last night, I started an alt account on Splatoon and today, I played up to Level 8. The main purpose of this is going to be to play Ranked with weapons with which I haven't any experience at all but which I think I'd enjoy using in future (read: Blasters), but it's also nice for working on my aim and other core skills which buckets haven't really primed me for.

11. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

This morning and evening, played Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, the Wii version. While I was out, played Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis on GBA in a waiting area.

Worth noting to anyone who played Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, the Wii version is a completely different racing game made special for the Wii. It just shares the same name and box art, and actually has local multiplayer instead of online only.

12. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Been watching Excessive Profanity play through Doom. It's been oodles of fun, mega intense, but alas a game I'll never play myself. Too immersive I'd end up torturing my own soul, getting too involved. More than happy to watch good players play it.

13. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants Notably absent.

Went into Throckribble Mansion in Bowerstone Old Quarter to discover FOUR Double Basses. Jazzy.

14. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Todays games, Fallout 4: Far Harbor, Overwatch and Magic the Gathering :p

15. Biscuit Joint

Biscuit Joint One with the forests

Got no pc at the moment so I'll likely be drinking time into my uncharted 3 rerun, destiny and warframe. Really wish I had more games but given I just bought two new consoles and have two birthdays to shell out for.. It's gonna be a while

16. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Fire Emblem Conquest, not so far of completeing the main story.
    They have totally notched up the fan service on this one lol

17. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Ive completed Fire emblem Conquest, so naturally I downloaded Birthright, probs going to do some massive grinding on it.

18. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

While UK of E was down this evening, I played a bit of Realms of the Haunting. It's that rare beast, a 1990s game with watchable FMV segments. The main game is a first-person horror adventure and it does well in creating a creepy atmosphere. It shows its age, sure, though you get used to the 640x480 graphics surprisingly quickly. The controls are a pain, though: you have to move with cursor keys and there's no mouselook. Still, it has a decent story and I'm happy with it so far.

I picked it up for 49p in a sale, but it's usually £4.09 on GOG. (It's also on Steam, but costs £5.99 there!)

19. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

1. Splatoon: played various blasters in Tower Control on Kelp and Bluefin. Racked up a grand winning streak. Genuinely would stand a chance of reaching S+ if I played nothing but this mode, but we can't have that, can we? So I think that I can now move that aside in order to use my alt to learn the entire Roller family, and I'll sort out some good (Range/Luna) Blaster gear on my main account.
    2. Started New Super Mario Bros. U after owning it for a good month or more. And... my word. I can't at all understand all of the complaints of mediocrity. If only thanks to its beautiful backdrops and, like, level names, this is shooting up to be my favourite 2D Mario. I've played through NSMBWii twice and recently watched a Let's Play, so I can compare the two fairly well, and, like, U is so delightful in many ways that Wii isn't. I'll try to judge from level design which I ultimately prefer (and, of course, it'd have to beat SMB3 if it wants the honour of the pinnacle position), but thus far, I adore this newest title.
    3. Splatoon: played the Tri-Slosher in Splat Zones on Walleye and Saltspray. First few games, I couldn't get anything done, and I was profoundly aware that I was doing countless things wrong. It's been ages since I've played this weapon well, and I refused to stop using it this rotation because I felt that I just needed to force myself to play with it enough to wear myself back in. And I was correct. A few games in, something clicked and I started playing... well, above the S Rank milieu! Can't wait to get back to Rainmaker, though, as, for some reason, I haven't played that mode in forever (maybe it's just been a few days, but it feels like forever) and really miss using the Tri there.

Bexa164 likes this.
  20. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

so far its been mostly dark souls 3 but i suppose you could say smite aswell, was up till 5am playing before i decided to get some sleep, was annoying aswell because my license for the all hero pass i bought a few months ago needed renewing which scared me at first thinking i had lost it for good. XP