1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Mario Kart 8 this morning, did a couple of online and offline races. Played Sonic Battle while in a waiting area, just battle mode to pass the time. This evening, I played the original Worms and had my best battle yet, well at least within the week of owning this game.

Bexy164 likes this.
  2. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

It's been so long and turbulent since the announcement that I'm not even reacting that much now, but it's, it's finally here. Gen 7 Pokémon are finally available in Pokémon Shuffle. I'm a little low on money, so I'll bolster that as well as I can quickly with the free 15-minute no-Hearts ability, but I'll otherwise get straight to it. Mega Gallade awaits!

3. Snowyshy

Played The Smurfs on 3DS this evening and witnessed this gem of a scene...
    0513172100.jpg

Papa Smurf is confirmed a Jedi! Seriously, this really was in the game. XD Enjoyed playing it, it's been quite a while since I've played a cartoon inspired game as most of them go to mobile nowadays.

MCtoastie likes this.
  4. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Played Resident Evil 2 for the first time in a long time.

Wonderful memories :)

Twisted_Tempest likes this.
  5. Snowyshy

My brother and his girlfriend came over, so I got to do some gaming with the little guy.

After lunch, we started with one of my favorites, Frozen Free Fall Snowball Fight. Had my laptop plugged into the TV, and he played with the gamepad, and I used the keyboard. We played three rounds, he was Olaf, and I played as Elsa.

Worth noting, I've also been enjoying the multiplayer with mom recently as she's familiar with the iOS version. As a result, I feel like I got my $6 worth buying Elsa and Olaf. I've been playing as Elsa, and she's been playing as Olaf (says Olaf gives her luck :)). We didn't play today, but we did play together in the past week. I usually don't buy anything from free to play games, but I really love playing this one a lot.

After Frozen Free Fall, we played some Smash Bros Wii U Smash Tour, which is a mode I never played before. We also did some eight player smash against some CPU players. The little guy loves Pokemon, so for fun, I brought out some of my Pokemon plush as we played.

Which leads me to what we did next, he wanted to watch me play classic Pokemon, so I booted up some Pokemon Blue on my 3DS and he watched.

This evening, I played some Sega Superstars Tennis and enjoyed some Call of Duty Black Ops Wii online, but this was by myself after my brother and his girlfriend left.

Bexy164 likes this.
  6. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

been back at bloodborne a lot lately, forgot how easy the game was to blitz through to be honest.

Twisted_Tempest likes this.
  7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I finally completed the main story on Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentina, and am on the post game (first FE I have played with post game so that's kinda neat) This game is so much tougher than the other FE 3DS games Awakening and Fates xD

8. Snowyshy

GOG Summer Sale, that means new games!

Played Hocus Pocus and Downwell. Downwell has been a game I've been wanting for some time, and it's cool. Character jumps down into a randomized well filled with enemies and things to collect. Your character can attack enemies by landing on them, or shooting them using his boots!

Hocus Pocus, saw this one on sale, so I checked out a demo and liked it enough to buy it. It's an old Apogee platformer, and I usually enjoy the Apogee/3D Realms classics. I'm not too crazy about the name, but the game itself is pretty cool with enemies that magically spawn, a rather silly story, and a wizard who pretty much taunts you.

Sale just started, so I'm going to wait to see if any other games I want pop up for sale.

#5228 Snowyshy, 7 June 2017
    Last edited: 7 June 2017
  9. Cuttleshock

Got three games for £2.48 yesterday - My Word Coach (Wii) and Zenses Ocean (DS) for 49p each plus Rabbids Go Home (Wii) for £1.99 (and a 3 for 2 offer). The former two just seem like playable puzzle games. Rabbids Go Home, on the other hand, I always wanted to get ever since I saw the premise! It'll be my first Rabbids game, in rather timely manner; I'll see if I ever actually play it.

10. Cuttleshock

Got, started BotW. Spent two and a half hours playing with the crates in the starting cave. I got them up the stairs, which is not supposed to be possible (at least without any items or abilities)!

Bexy164 likes this.
  11. Snowyshy

This morning played Twinkle Star Sprites, a really cute and really fun shoot 'em up game for SNK's Neo-Geo system. Bought the PC version from GOG during their summer sale.

I never heard of the game until GOG had their sale a few weeks back. What got my attention was the rather cute character, and the cute sounding name. So I added it to my wishlist and grabbed it a few days before the sale ended. I'm glad I did grab it, it really is a one of a kind game. Has a cute story about Princess Load Ran and Rabicat (yes, that's a combination of a rabbit and a cat) going on a quest to save the Twinkle Star to help save her world from darkness.

The game itself is like a shoot 'em up meets Puyo Puyo (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine). In Puyo Puyo, you make combinations to toss rocks over to your opponent's side. In Twinkle Star Sprites, you shoot cute looking enemies on your side and send fireballs over to your opponent's side in hopes to win the round.

Now that I got that out of the way as I have a good feeling no one's ever heard of this game, I played through Story Mode this morning. Really wanted to play and enjoy Princess Load Ran and Rabicat's adventure again. The story can get pretty funny, even the final boss taunt me and kept track that I only used 1 continue from the beginning until I got to him. XD Really love this game.

Corduroy Road likes this.
  12. Twisted_Tempest

Twisted_Tempest Certified Hoonigan

For today and the past few days, I've mostly been bouncing between Fallout 4 and Titanfall 2, also had a little bit of a play of Crash N. Sane Trilogy, but that's my friend's game.

13. Phill

Phill Honorary Pony

Played Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, and I can indeed confirm that Crash Bandicoot is still awesome

Robshi and Twisted_Tempest like this.
  14. Cuttleshock

*yells* i FINALLY clawed my way back to S+ in Splatoon after a solid week or so of grinding Ranked Battles. Just in time for the release of the new game! I might step into Ranked a bit more, but I have all confidence that I'll plummet back to S if I push my luck, and besides, I think a break in the last few days before Splatoon 2 would do me good.

15. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Tried out a couple of hours of Tales of Zestiria after picking it up for a tenner in the Humble sale.

Love it so far. Has its fair share of clichés (not least of which being "mysterious young woman who won't tell you her identity" *shouts "she's the princess don't you know how these stories work?" at the oblivious lead characters through the screen (whilst wondering when the 'plot twist' is as I'd bet a fiver she could see seraphim all along, but only guessing so no spoilers)* or the kingdom that totally doesn't sound like a direct ripoff of the name Hyrule or anything) but I'm finding the characters endearing, the dialogue charming and often amusing, and the scenery breathtaking. The equipment, skills and battling look complicated indeed, but I've managed Final Fantasies and will manage this one.
    Got a feeling it'll have been a tenner well spent, and I'll regret not having grabbed Bersteria on the cheap-ish. First "Tales of" game, so didn't want to invest too much, but got a feeling it's going to be one of those "where has this game series been all my life" moments!

16. Biscuit Joint

Biscuit Joint One with the forests

Been chilled out playing elite dangerous on ps4 with the Distant worlds/ final fantasy chronological collection running on spotify.
    It fits really well.

On another note, anyone else have 7 days to die on ps4? Kinda lonely playing sp and my last foray on public servers was RUST all over again.
    (Griefers and douche bags)

Cloudane likes this.
  17. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

I don't know if there are many Half-Life fans here, but there's been a possible development. In the last couple of days, Marc Laidlaw has posted a piece entitled 'Epistle 3' on his website. I'll say no more than that. :p

Snowyshy likes this.
  18. Snowyshy

This morning, I played Smurfs 2 on Wii U, started a new game to enjoy the story again. While I was out, I played Sonic Battle on my GBA. When I got home, the new Powerpuff Girls Team Pack on Lego Dimensions. Really cool addition to Dimensions, the level even makes nods to both the 2016 PPG series, as well as the original series.

Yes, I saw this awhile back. :) Yes, if you played HL2 and it's episodes, it is an interesting read.

Parthidens likes this.
  19. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I traded in some old games and DVDs that I had no intention of playing or watching for the first time. Most of them were PS3 shooters I got with my friend's PS3 and shooting games aren't really my thing. The most valuable things were the DVDs though, mainly because I had them covered with other box sets.

The credit from all this got me a discount off Tekken 6, which I bought and sat through cutscenes before taking on arcade mode with King. Got all the way to Jin before losing twice and then accidentally quitting to main menu from the character select screen. :oops:

I've also been toying around with the 3DS Super Mario Maker as I got some streetpass levels. I really wish I had the Wii U's online mode. I want to share my creations with people who can take challenging levels!

20. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I got Kingdom Hearts Re-coded in the post yesterday and I've so far managed to get to Wonderland and have completed Destiny Islands as well as Traverse Town. Yes the worlds aren't something I haven't already seen before and the story's basically Mickey and co trying to debug the journal in the datascape but I would be lying when I say that the gameplay is what's intriguing me about this one. I liked the use of the side scrolling section at the end of Traverse Town and then you fight Guard Armour inside the keyhole was a really cool way of finishing the world there.