1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

The characters absolutely make Puyo games. Well, aside from the simple gameplay, complex stretegy combo. This one isn't quite my favourite of the series (second or third favourite, I'd say), but it is one of only four to be translated into English, so I guess that makes things easier.

Snowyshy likes this.
  2. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

I'm even on the fence of ordering a copy of the GBA version of Puyo Pop online. Haven't played it, but I do remember when Sega went third party, again, that cute character in the screenshots when visiting Sonic Team's website. :) I think it was Arle, and she looked different than the Puyo Puyo Tetris style art.

More gaming today, I played Puyo Puyo Tetris Endless Puyo mode. Good way to enjoy Puyo Puyo without the stress of the other player. XD Think this would be my mode to relax to. Played Devil's Third a bit on Wii U.

3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

After three years, 1500 hours of play, I... should have completed Pokémon Shuffle. All 700 Regular Stages done and S-Ranked, all Expert Stages clear, all respective Pokémon captured and now just casual check-ins for a few months to get the remaining 17 event Pokémon. Maybe more runs at Survival Mode.

But as it turns out, Genius Sonority is utterly relentless. After clearing Stage 700, you unlock... the UX Stages. Which seem to be hard mode mirrors of the Regular Stages. Meaning there are a full 700 of them.

One last hurdle.

Robshi and Snowyshy like this.
  4. Snowyshy

After a long day of cleaning, I enjoyed some online Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and a level of Sonic Forces. Won a few rounds of Splatoon 2 online and even found out my Splatoon Wii U amiibo work on Splatoon 2. It saved data, so for fun I scanned the amiibo on my Wii U only to see "unidentified game data" XD

Puyo Puyo Tetris, I played more adventure mode, and played with my friend online tonight. Even won three matches of Puyo/Tetris. I played Puyo Puyo, friend played Tetris. :)

5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

This is why I'm rather glad I quit Pokémon Shuffle a long time ago. That game is a completionists nightmare!

As for my day of gaming, I've played some Streetpass gardening and started the Rainbow Rocket quest in Pokémon Ultra Moon.

6. Snowyshy

Not too much in terms of gaming today. I played Splatoon 2 a bit to buy some character items using points I've earned, and saved them to my amiibo. Awesomely I also unlocked the school uniform outfit thanks to my Inkling Girl amiibo (I'm very thankful my Splatoon Wii U amiibo works with this).

Since GameStop's reward program finally added eShop cards for points, I got a $5 eShop card and downloaded Family Tennis SP for Wii U. I like playing Family Kart 3D on 3DS, and I enjoy Sega Superstar's Tennis, so why not. Cute tennis game starring a cute anime family, so I ended up playing it in the afternoon and evening.

Between this game and Family Kart 3D, I hope ARC System Works brings this series to Switch. It is a budget game, but I like it. It's cute fun. Also, Family Kart 3D has a rabbit shaped race course.
    Family Kart JPG.jpg

7. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

Dishonored! All the Corvo, sneaky, sneaky.

8. Snowyshy

Was out all afternoon, so took my Switch with me. Played some Sonic Forces and Puyo Puyo Tetris in the car and in a waiting area. :D Crazy to think I played a console game like Sonic Forces that's usually played on a TV, on the go. Also, like the quick options Puyo Puyo Tetris has on its title screen, perfect for a quick round on the go without the menu hassle.

9. Candy Yunagi

Played some Puyo Puyo Tetris online for the first time, so that was fun. There's nothing quite like showing up someone with a considerably higher rank :D.

Later, I played through Sparkster on my actual Mega Drive (which still works, by some miracle). I'm a bit rusty, so I ended up missing one of the seven hidden swords and falling at the final boss. Having a bit of time left, I also played Ms. Pac-Man. I'd forgotten the amount of stuff that version has that the arcade version doesn't.

Cuttleshock and Snowyshy like this.
  10. Snowyshy

Before leaving for my appointment and errands, this came in the mail...
    Puyo2Go.jpg

Needless to say, I took my GBA with me and played Endless Puyo Pop mode during the car ride, and in the waiting area. :D I'm not always going to carry my Switch on me, plus the GBA fits into a pocket. Can your Switch fit into a pocket, I thought not. :p

Also, love the cute art style they used for Arle in this version, feels very anime-style. :3

Candy Yunagi and Cuttleshock like this.
  11. Cuttleshock

I agree with your sentiment, but I disagree with your choice in legwear. As long as I keep the Joy-con separately, I have two pairs of trousers with pockets big enough to house my Switch!

Snowyshy likes this.
  12. Snowyshy

That's the spirit! :D

13. Candy Yunagi

Nice! That's not one I've been able to play, actually, but I hear it's very similar to Puyo Puyo Tsuu. Is that the one that displays "GOOD!"/"BABA BING" at the end of a match? As bad as the English translation of Puyo Puyo Fever is, that's worse :p.

14. Snowyshy

I've played Puyo Puyo 2 on the Sega 3D Classics Collection, and I recognize similar sound, voices, and music, I wouldn't know the story as the 3DS Collection has the Japanese version with no translation.

I played the first story round, and at the end, it displayed "YEAH!" and "OH NO!" for me. Haven't gotten into the story yet, but played the one round as the "GOOD!"/"BABA BING" had me curious.

Worth noting, unlike other Sonic Team GBA games, there's no way to reset the save data. Weird as their other games like Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, Chu Chu Rocket, Sonic Battle, and even Sonic Genesis had a way to reset save data. Looks like for this one, I just have to play through the game by choosing level 1. I'm still glad I can choose to play from the start so I can still enjoy the story than be forced to play where the previous owner left off, being a used game and all.

15. Cuttleshock

Is there not even so much as a hidden code that, if input when starting up the game, brings up the save data deletion screen? I know there are a few games which have that.

16. Snowyshy

Surprisingly no. The GBA port of Sonic 1 did not have a menu item, it was L, R, Start, Select before the title screen, and that resets the game to factory state. Puyo Pop doesn't even have something like that, and it's made by the same developer.

Only thing I came across was a video showing how to "delete" it by corrupting the save via turning it off while it saved an options setting. Something like that I wouldn't risk doing. Especially since customer support is not there from Sega anymore, nor exists (in the US, THQ co-published early Sega GBA games). Even tried looking for a manual online as reset codes are sometimes in there, but came up empty handed.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  17. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

Played some Rocket League on the Switch while on the bus today. Such a fun game, although I admittedly only play with CPUs and locally as I'm scared I'll be told how bad I am at the game online. :p

18. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I managed to finish the Team Rainbow Rocket episode in Pokémon Ultra Moon. It took me two attempts to beat Giovanni thanks to a badly timed full restore completely ruining what was otherwise a sure win in my first battle.

I'm now listening to Lysandre's and Ghetsis's remixed themes now. I was happy to see that Ghetsis proved himself as the best villain in Pokémon with his latest appearance. It's a shame Fairy types wreck his signature Pokémon hard... although revenge was sweet.

19. Snowyshy

Played Aqua Moto Racing Utopia this morning, a new Wii U game that came out this past week. Having fun with this racing game, and it feels good playing a jet ski racing game. Last time I played something this close was Jet Moto on my brother's PS1, even though that wasn't limited to just water.

This afternoon, I played some Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Felt like playing some of this game, and had fun playing the first level in the game. Even spotted something I never noticed, a beach area in the background at one part of the level. Always love it when I've been playing a game for years and find something new. :)

Not part of today, last night before bed, started playing the Puyo Pop story. Cute little story, got a kick of seeing Suketoudara in classic anime style after my friend chose him in Puyo Puyo Tetris. Also, Kikimora was rather cute, teaching Arle about new garbage puyos.

20. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Platinumed the 2016 version of Ratchet and Clank after 2 years. It has some very annoying trophies, but overall it's a brilliant game and definitely one of the best exclusives on the PS4!