1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I managed to get the platinum trophy for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 tonight. The online mode trophies were a real pain to get. I only got the "Win a player match" trophy because I managed to luck out and play a beginner ranked player for the win I needed after several matches of getting my butt kicked by very competitive players. I still hate how overpowered juggling has become in Tekken now, but playing against the AI is rather fun.

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Back on fire emblem fates, currently sorting my character ships on my second birthright play through.

3. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Played F-Zero and Super Mario Kart on my SNES Mini (a couple months back, I went to Target while mom was getting her nails done, and actually found one and bought it. :D). I also played Mario Kart Super Circuit on my GBA.

Edit: Played more Puyo Pop GBA this evening. Completed part three of the story, the Gachinko Dungeon. Best part, didn't get a single game over, and beat Draco by hardly doing anything (seriously, I think I only matched two or three Puyos). :D Arle wins by doing nothing. XD

#5323 Snowyshy, 24 April 2018
    Last edited: 24 April 2018
  4. Snowyshy

Apologies for a double post, but I was home today so did some gaming. Played Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal, playing through them to enjoy them again, and take advantage of the 3DS/Wii U link feature. Also played Pokemon Ultra Sun, leveled up some Pokemon, and evolved my Meowth.

Not part of today, but yesterday, I beat Puyo Pop's story. :D Had a good time playing it, glad to have it in my GBA library.

5. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Spent the past few days continuing cleaning up my trophy list for Black Ops 1. Also starting on GTA V as well which is always great to play and the trophies I want are pretty easy. Plus I've been playing a lot of Spongebob The Movie on PS2, which although not as good as Battle for Bikini Bottom, it's still great and very faithful to the movie itself.

6. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online with my girlfriend :D

7. Snowyshy

Today, I played some Pokemon Ultra Sun and Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective on 3DS. Since it was on sale, I bought and downloaded Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective. Bought it because I loved the first game in the series, Cruise in the Distant Seas, and ever since playing Doki Doki Literature Club, it sparked an interest in other visual novel games. So far, I'm enjoying Gear Detective more than the first game, Cruise in the Distant Seas is still an excellent game. This series feels like a 3DS eShop gem. Filled with mystery, puzzles, and a story with some memorable characters. I love it.

In Pokemon Ultra Sun, just leveled up some more of my party, still very early in the game, and evolved my Buneary.

8. SRainboom

more ESO, got a certification in enchantment and did the Del's Claim quest

9. Snowyshy

Completed Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective, and got the bad ending. Being dissatisfied with the outcome, I looked at a small guide and played the game again, skipping everything (after completing it, you can play again and skip the puzzle sections) except the parts where I had to chose certain answers, and got the good ending. Very satisfying ending.

Brilliant story-telling. I even liked this entry more than the first game. :D

10. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Hearing you talk about the games, I'm quite annoyed that I didn't get them during some really good sales a while back. I saw them and was tempted by the cover art and concept, but the eShop rating was below average and I hadn't heard of them otherwise, so I gave them a miss.

11. Snowyshy

If you want to try it to see if you like it, the first game Cruise in the Distant Seas has a demo on the eShop. I originally found it looking for another visual novel to play after playing Doki Doki Literature Club, preferably one that's portable.

If you do get into playing this series, I recommend playing Cruise in the Distant Seas first as it sets things up for the second game. Be warned though, the puzzles in the exploration sections make you think. Puzzles are centered around the main character's psychic abilities, like telekinesis in the first game and chronokinesis in the second.

Dunno if it's different on the UK eShop, the player rating for all three games on the US eshop are 4 and a half stars out of 5.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  12. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

Finished playing through Story Mode in Kirby Star Allies. Truth be told: I wasn't expecting the final battle to be nearly so epic!

Aside from that, I also managed to unlock The Forgotten in the Steam version of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. (And that was after only learning about its existence just today when it was released in the most recent Booster Pack just last week.) The process of unlocking it was nothing short of terrifying, and while its unique nature may be fascinating (you basically control a skeleton (The Forgotten) and its ghost (The Soul)), playing as The Forgotten certainly proves to be somewhat challenging.

13. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Have basically spent the day playing Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection on the PS3. As someone who's not a massive Sega fan and who's family had an SNES back in the day, I do love some of these games. Played Alien Storm, which is quite a simple arcade beat em up, Columns which is a fun, but tricky puzzle game, E-Swat, a hard side scroller but very rewarding! Flicky, an addictive arcade game, Golden Axe 3, a fun brawler and Super Thunder Blade which is an awesome flying arcade game! I plan to get a real Mega Drive (and even a Mega CD) at some point so I wanna get some of these games on real cartridges as well. :)

Candy Yunagi and Mane25 like this.
  14. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've been playing through Super Mario Odyssey and managed to reach the Water Kingdom today. I've spent some time going out of my way for more Moons than I need, but even so acquiring them all looks like quite a huge mountain to climb. :confused:

I also finished Doki Doki Literature Club this week. I got a little emotional as I obtained the full ending. Plus there is an adorable moment that I'm sure has fuelled many shippers.

Snowyshy likes this.
  15. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

Been playing no mans sky again havent played it since before the first major update and with the multiplayer dropping in a few months i figured id try and buy a freightor to make playing with friends easier.

16. Snowyshy

I beat Half-Life for the first time today! Also played some Aqua Moto Racing Utopia and Tank Tank Tank on Wii U today.

The feels when Sayori says, "We all love you!" ;~;

17. Snowyshy

I played Fortnite for the first time today since it came to Switch. The worst game I ever played. I parachute off a flying bus, I land on a map, I run around looking for weapons, and I die. Oh well, I can just respa... wait, pressing B returns to lobby? So in other words I can't continue playing. Games are suppose to be fun, how is going back to the lobby fun?

I know people will be like "Snowy, you gotta just git gud!" Well, how do I "git gud" if I can't actually play and learn the game? There's a good reason, while I'm not competitive, I enjoy Splatoon or the Doom deathmatch, by respawning and playing, it allows me to keep trying to get better and eventually get good. What Fortnite is, is a matter of luck. Not to mention battle royale feels like a fad than an actual game mode. Everyone wants to play it, but I don't see it lasting.

Yeah, my day of gaming. On a brighter note, I did play some Mario Kart 8, which I'm pretty sure is getting a battle royale mode in a future update. For crying out loud, Sonic Battle got an update to add battle royale mode to it, and I didn't even know I could update a GBA game. :p Joking aside, Mario Kart 8 was a better time.

#5337 Snowyshy, 13 June 2018
    Last edited: 13 June 2018
    Parthidens likes this.
  18. sten whik

sten whik Space

The whole point of battle royale games is to simply not die and there's a simple trick to all of them. No matter how good you are each encounter with another player mathematically increases the chance that you will lose (think of it like adding another side to a die when you can only win by rolling one side) so you want to reduce the number of encounters as much as possible. Stay out of the open (by doing things like hiding in bushes), don't go near areas that could attract people (towns/landmarks/sounds of people fighting), don't do anything that could attract people (shooting/building), and stay on the edge of any death boundary moving or otherwise.

19. Snowyshy

I get where you're coming from. That does not even sound fun for a shooter game at all to me. Maybe it's not my kind of game anyway. I've always been more of a traditional deathmatch kind of player with shooter games, though for team based, I do love my Counter-Strike and Splatoon.

Maybe if Fortnite adds other modes, maybe I'll give the game a try again. I do know Save The World mode is not coming to Switch, shame since I do love PvE modes in online games too. Just did not like battle royale, don't think I'll be returning to it anytime soon.

20. SRainboom

Played ESO, normally I do a quest or dungeon or 2 with my fiancee but today i just did some grinding for an hour, slaying Dremora! it was fun!