1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Decided to hook up my SNES and played a couple of games.

Played Ren and Stimpy: Veediots! It may seem like I'm obsessed with them, but I'm not, I just love Nickelodeon cartoons in general :p It's a decent sidescroller with a lot of charm from the show, but there's not really much to it apart from that. Also played Fifa 96 because I felt like it, definitely primitive compared to modern FIFA games but I like the nostalgic factor of it. Lastly I played Super Mario All-Stars and this is probably one of the best (and first) examples of a remaster. I like 1 but I'm not sold on the Japanese version of 2 (the Lost Levels), but I do love 2 (American version) and 3 and playing them with better graphics and having a safe feature makes it 10 times better. Was gonna play more like Super Mario Kart and Starfox, but I'm tired...

Mane25 and Snowyshy like this.
  2. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Past few days, I've been playing a kinetic visual novel I bought during GOG's Summer sale called Higurashi When They Cry Hou: Chapter 1. It tells the story about a boy named Keiichi and his friend, a girl named Rena, and their day to day life. They join an after school club with three other girls, go to a festival, and a mystery about their town unravels. Then the game turns into a horrific nightmare.

No, this is not copying Doki Doki Literature Club if that's what it sounds like, Higurashi was originally released in 2002, and in recent years appeared on GOG and Steam with updated graphics (looking closer to an anime), as well as the original 2002 graphics. Boy the story kept me on the edge of my seat.

Today, I played the bonus scenario that unlocks after completing this game, see spoiler if you're curious as it's a very minor thing. Overall, I've been playing this the past few days.

There's a bonus scenario called the "All Cast Review Session." Where the characters are their "real" selves in a cafe and they thank you for buying the game, they discuss the story and theories surrounding it, and even acknowledge that they were pretty much actors in a story. Even Rena tells you to look forward to Chapter 2 coming soon. Doesn't add to the story outside theories, but still fun, and it's great seeing the characters be themselves instead of their horror versions.

#5342 Snowyshy, 17 June 2018
    Last edited: 17 June 2018
  3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

Being abroad for the week, two big holiday traditions of ours live on: playing videogames on clamshell Nintendo systems, and actually watching TV.

The latter is incidental to this but just means, since it's the first time I've watched TV in several years, it's also possibly the first time I've ever seen Nintendo commercials, in particular for the Switch. I was so buzzed to see that.

I'm playing Bomberman Story DS (2007), the third and latest RPG adventure in the franchise. I think I'm really liking the game - it feels very cheap and uninspired in places, but it's cute, it actually makes an attempt at a proper story with various named characters (almost more than can be said for the earlier two RPGs), and the dialogue and object interaction text have genuinely made me laugh out loud a few times.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've started playing Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy for the Switch after picking the game up yesterday. I decided to start with Crash 3 since I think that's the easiest of the three games, and I've already got to the third warp room. I'm really enjoying the game so far, although the time trials seem to be a lot harder than I remember. I've only done time trials on vehicle stages since I'm waiting to get the Crash Dash power before trying the other time trials. Still, I can't seem to get any platinum relics so far, even on the first motorcycle stage which I found easy to get in the original games.

5. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Started playing Crash Bandicoot, N-sane Trilogy on the switch, forgot how tough the games were.

6. Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Hurricane Well-Known Pony

I didn't play much today. The only game I played was 'Up Left Out' on iPhone.

7. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Active Pony

Played some Jet Set Radio for the first time in a while. Just a round of Jet Technique and a couple of rounds of Jet Graffiti to pass half an hour. A bit later, I played a full run of Sonic Mania as Sonic & Tails. I seem to be out of practice, since I only got four choas emeralds this time. Had a few offline rounds of Them's Fightin Herds; fighting games are something of a weak uit for me, as much as I enjoy them. And I finished with a few online matches of Puyo Puyo Tetris. Finally made it back into the top 1000, at least for now...

GatewaytoGlimmer and Snowyshy like this.
  8. Snowyshy

Mom had appointments all day today, so I brought my GBA with me, and a couple of games. Played Sonic Battle, Challenge Mode as Amy. Did some Grand Prix cups in Mario Kart Super Circuit, the first two cups, I can't remember off hand. Played Puyo Pop and did the first two parts of the story. I completed Puyo Pop's story awhile back, so more or less wanted to do some single player rounds.

If it counts for anything, backed up my digital purchases for Wii U. I have a number of digital games, so I decided to back them up to USB sticks. Typically, I just use an HDD for playing them, but want to back them up so I don't need to redownload them (seriously, Devil's Third is like 13GB).

9. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I haven't had a chance to play anything today, thanks to the tennis running long. However yesterday I decided to start on Crash 1 in the N Sane Trilogy and managed to go all the way to the third island. The game seems easier than I remember, with only one level really frustrating me with deaths. Then again, the hardest levels are yet to come.

10. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Easy! lol I am finding some of the levels nightmares haha

Robshi and GatewaytoGlimmer like this.
  11. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

So been playing Planet coaster today, what a beautiful game, almost perfect theme park sim!

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  12. Snowyshy

Switch gaming today. Played Doom on and off, and I played Super Mario Odyssey. Progressed further in both games, and encountered a Cacodemon in Doom, and made it to Bowser's castle's gate in Super Mario Odyssey.

13. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I managed to beat Crash 1 in the N Sane Trilogy today. Surprisingly I got through the High Road with only a few deaths and only died once near the end of Slippery Climb, although the bonus round took me several attempts. I remember the game being a lot harder than this. I guess I'm used to the jump physics which have caught out a lot of people. Still, I now want to get all the gems and relics... plus beat Stormy Ascent. Ooh boy...

14. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I've been playing my mini SNES lately. I modded it to include more games but I'm still absolutely fine with the original 21. I love Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Contra 3, a Link to the Past, Kirby Super Star and especially Donkey Kong Country! =D

I don't find the gems to be that hard to get in Crash 1 personally (with the exception of the coloured ones) due to the fact that unlike the PS1 version, you can die in the regular clear gem stages. I personally found Crash 2 to be harder in the remakes when getting all the gems. I say though don't bother with getting the relics in the first 2 games. In the PS4 version, they're only good for unlocking trophies and since the Switch doesn't have them, and the fact that the stages aren't really built to speed through, it's more hassle than it's worth.

15. Snowyshy

More Doom on Switch, discovered the joys of Arcade Mode. Honestly, it's becoming my favorite way to play single player Doom as well. I like the idea of trying to find extra lives, and trying to increase score by getting combos and increasing the multiplier. There's even a floating orb that destroys multiple enemies and gives you a collectable for more points. :D

16. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

I think that game has gyro aiming? If I'm not mistaken, are you using it? and how does it compare to that of Splatoon (my one and only shooter experience)?

17. Snowyshy

I've been playing using the standard aiming controls, just did try out motion aiming. Works similar, you can aim in any direction, and use the joystick to turn left and right. The difference is that you can also use the stick to look up and down as well, because of this, there's no reset button, like pressing Y for example. So re-centering is done via the right stick.

Also worth noting Fortnite now has gyro aiming as well. I haven't tried it since the game wasn't my cup of tea and I deleted it, but if you're interested, it's now an option there.

As for today's gaming, haven't played it much, but I did pick up Sonic Mania Plus. Local shop had three copies, so I picked it up. :D

Cuttleshock likes this.