1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

The past few days, continued through the story of Higurashi When They Cry Hou with Chapter 3, as it was on sale on GOG last week. Trying to uncover the mysteries surrounding the small village of Hinamizawa and its curse. Completed chapter 3, and wow it was an even bigger horrific mess than the first two chapters of this series. Each "chapter" is its own game, the first four "chapters" are question arcs, where you start questioning what's even going on. The final four "chapters" are answer arcs where events from the previous chapters get solved (as of this typing chapters 5 and 6 are translated to English on GOG and Steam).

What I love most about this visual novel series are its characters. Throughout chapter 3, I felt really bad for Satoko, and even cried several times. Not to mention the way the main character Keiichi was, really messes with your head. Lots of twists and turns, and things I found myself questioning. Also, Rena can be hilarious when she enter "kyute mode" and wants to take all the cute things home. XD

Not today, but yesterday, did some Switch gaming in a waiting room, and I got to play Xbox with my Nephew and we played Mario Kart via table top mode. I love how I was able to do multiplayer on the spot. :D On Xbox, played Cuphead, and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. :) My nephew had fun when I was reading the story in voices I think would suit Cuphead, Mugman, and the Devil. I may or may not have used a "Mickey Mouse" voice for Cuphead and Mugman. :p

#5361 Snowyshy, 2 August 2018
    Last edited: 2 August 2018
  2. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

Lately, I've been finding myself playing Sanrio Characters Picross (3DS) an awful lot. So far, I've managed to beat over 100 of the main Picross boards, plus I've completed the first Micross board and I'm making good progress on the second and third boards.

Also, I FINALLY got to play Mario Kart Arcade GP VR, today! (Which saw its release to the public just today at VR ZONE Portal in Hollywood Bowl, located at The O2 in North Greenwich.)

3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

OH MY GOODNESS I was not aware of this... is it a recent release? Is it available on the EU eShop?
    That's really cool. Hope it was fun to play!

4. GhostlyJunkbot

As far as I know, the eShop is the only place to get it. Oh, and from what I can tell, it's been out for a little over a month now.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  5. Cuttleshock

Thank you for making me cognisant of its existence! I'm utterly addicted to various Picross games right now and happen to love Sanrio on the side, so this is perfect for me.

6. GhostlyJunkbot

Glad I was able to help you with that. :D

Now then, I should really get back around to playing Octopath Traveler. I haven't been playing that nearly as frequently as I should be! :confused:

7. Snowyshy

Heatwave outside, so stayed cool playing some Mario and Sonic at Sochi 2014, in an air conditioned room. Played some figure skating and skied down slopes with Amy. I also played Call of Duty Black Ops II as I'm working on the campaign. While I was in a waiting room, played Sonic Battle Challenge Mode as Amy. :)

Also, while playing Mario and Sonic at Sochi 2014, I discovered I could share screenshots on Twitter via Image Share through the web browser. I had no idea Wii U could do this, I thought it was introduced with Switch.

#5367 Snowyshy, 8 August 2018
    Last edited: 8 August 2018
  8. Cuttleshock

[​IMG]
    Today... I... marathoned Pokémon Shuffle like never before. Used so many bonus hearts, and a number of jewels, all to complete the UX stages and the final Mission Card. THREE AND A HALF YEARS of grinding have built up to this accomplishment, and... well, I'm not absolved yet - I now undertake to get as far in Survival Mode as possible. But at least the most concrete of goals have been CONQUERED, after 1512 gruelling hours of in-game time.

Robshi likes this.
  9. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

Played some more Puyo Puyo Tetris online. I'm starting to care less about my rank, given how much it slides every time I leave the game alone for a couple of days, though. After finally finishing Sonic Advance wih all the Chaos Emeralds a few days ago, I wanted to see if I could get through the whole game without having to use the level select after a game over.

I'm pretty close to getting every wisp and Gatekeeper Coin in Snake Pass, with only the final level to go, which could take some time. And I had a few causual rounds of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Snowyshy likes this.
  10. Snowyshy

Some Wii U gaming today, played some Sochi 2014 winter games as Amy Rose, and finally started playing Legend of Kay after sitting on the game for like a year and a half. No, I'm not kidding, this game still had its plastic wrap on it.

On Switch, played Dawn of the Breakers and completed the next two chapters.

11. Cuttleshock

[​IMG][​IMG]
    In a speedy update to my last post a week and a half ago, I can now say that I've beaten Survival Mode, and with that, every single challenge the game has to offer. It was actually... way easier than I expected, and it turns out that I almost completed it in another run ages ago (I didn't know that it ended at 60 levels).

My team was Mega Charizard X/Tapu Koko/Primal Groudon/Reshiram, and the Dragon weakness almost came to bite me when I had to take on Rayquaza twice and Mega Ray once near the end, but I had enough of a move buffer and could deal sufficiently heavy hits with Charizard's attacks themselves that it worked out all right, with 20 moves remaining.

After exactly 3½ years, or 42 months, of which 2 months were completely spent playing this one game, I'm free.

... Time to get Pokémon Link Battle!

12. Snowyshy

After doing my chores, treated myself to an indie FPS on Wii U, called Masked Forces. An indie FPS got released, this year on the Wii U via the eShop. Wii U is probably like "Know how they're saying I'm dead? Nope, still getting indie games, and your favorite dancing simulator." :p If only game consoles could talk. XD

Seriously, despite being a budget game, I had some fun with it. As long as one isn't expecting Call of Duty levels of entertainment, and grasp the concept it's basically missions with bots, it's an ok game. :) Had some fun playing it this afternoon and evening.

Yes, I still check the Wii U eShop's New Release sections and sales, even though I own a Switch. What? Sometimes there's good deals on Wii U games I missed out on picking up. :p

13. GhostlyJunkbot

So, lately, I've been playing Octopath Traveler quite a bit. Into the late game parts of it and... well, things are getting pretty tough now!
    Just scored my very first advanced (secret) job in Octopath Traveler, today. The process was gruelling, though, as you can see here:

14. Snowyshy

Played Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, the Vancouver 2010 one for Wii. No reason in particular aside to play a game as Amy Rose, I simply love playing as Amy. :3 I also played Paladins on Switch where I had a great round of siege mode, where my team won by one point. :D In the evening, playing Rainbow Snake on 3DS. Rainbow Snake is Snake, except whatever color dot the snake eats gets added to the snake. Got it as a casual game to relax to in the evening, and I like it for that reason.

15. Candy Yunagi

Finally completed Super Mario World! I've yet to 100% everything, though. The game is a lot more complex and fun than I ever realised, having never played past Donut Plains until recently. I particularly enjoyed the puzzle elements I never knew it had.

I found most of the secret exits, except for Cheese Bridge Area, Chocolate Island 2 and 3, and Valley of Bowser 4. And of course, the levels some of them lead to, which I don't know about, nor do I want to yet. I've also yet to complete Larry's Castle, since I beat the game through the Valley Fortress and "Back Door", and also to finish the "Front Door", which I got to through the Star World. Both of those would be far more reasonable with checkpoints in them. I completely finished the Star World, and I'm now up to the "Tubular" stage of the Secret Zone. There is a temptation to look up strategies or answers, but for myself, I think I'd rather not find them than resort to that.

Snowyshy and GatewaytoGlimmer like this.
  16. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I managed to complete Super Mario Odyssey today. I got the last purple coins and moons and even bought every available outfit thanks to playing a bit of Balloon World.

Snowyshy likes this.
  17. Snowyshy

To add to the Mario trend... I played some Mario Kart 8 today. I had on my Princess Peach shirt this afternoon, and felt like racing as Peach. Specifically did the Flower Cup grand prix on 50cc just for some casual fun.

18. Snowyshy

Ever since Sunday, I've hooked up an old system of mine, and started playing a game I haven't played in years. I'm not kidding, I haven't touched it since 2003. o_O

Ready for it, the game is Phantasy Star Online... um offline. :p
    0904182055.jpg

What got me playing this again, was the unusual feature known as "Internet Time." I was reading up about Swatch Internet Time, and remember this game oddly enough had it. It was an attempt to make a universal time system where 24 hours is 1000 beats. For example, the time for @600 .beats in the US, would also be @600 .beats in the UK too. So if you wanted to go on a quest with your pal Snowyshy @300 .beats, I'd have to get up in the middle of the night just to play a game of PSO with you. :p Yeah, the point of the system is that you could organize games with people overseas at the "same time."

Seriously, been having a good time playing this one, even if it's offline mode. Today did two of the quests to try and level up my character, and made it to level 10. Also, had to fight tons of enemies in the caves only to retrieve a piece of cake. This particular quest took a very, very long time too.

#5378 Snowyshy, 6 September 2018
    Last edited: 6 September 2018
    Mane25 likes this.
  19. Candy Yunagi

And finally conquered Super Maio World 100%.

I didn't know some ghost houses had secret exits until I accidentally found one, nor did I realise that I had already found the Chcoclate Island 3 secret exit, thinking there might be a third lock-and-key exit. While the Front Door level is quite annoying (Doors 2 and 8 seem to be easiest) and without a checkpoint, I think the final boss was slightly easier, taking fewer hits to beat. I guess that balances the two doors a bit more. Larry's Castle still felt like the hardest challenge in the game though, even more than anything in the special zone.

I might revisit New Super Maio Bros. Wii, which I seem to remember being considerably harder. Or Maybe try to clear that very last world in Super Mario 3D World...

20. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Over the past few weeks I've been replaying Spyro again in anticipation for the remakes. The first game is still great, but feels very vanilla going back to it. The second (also my namesake :D) is absolutely brilliant. The gameplay, the atmosphere, the graphics, the story, the music it's all so so good! On the 3rd game at the moment, which I love, but not as much as the 2nd one (or maybe even the 1st). It feels a bit too exhausting for me in some areas, especially as it can be buggy as well and you have to do things in a certain way. Thankfully the remake is fixing that of course.

Also played Rocket League this morning because I felt like it :p

Snowyshy and Candy Yunagi like this.