1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Today played the NES Switch Online for Super Mario 3, and a new Switch game I downloaded yesterday, A Magical High School Girl.

On Wednesday, after the initial rush died down (eShop declining payments, pre-paid cards not working), I grabbed a Switch Online 12 Month membership because without it, I won't be able to play Splatoon 2 online, and my friend in Doom and Puyo Puyo Tetris. Yay, paid online. :\

I'm a Switch Box Live member now, so I grabbed the NES games. Today, I just played some Super Mario 3 on and off. Currently in world 3, which is a funny coincidence as I believe I'm in world 3 on the Wii U version of the game. At least from what I remember anyway. Personal note, the NES games are actually a cool thing about the service, it's like Netflix for classic games.

A Magical High School Girl, I wanted to play this because I'm a sucker for games with cute characters, and the lead girl, Akari Yamanashi, looked adorable. :3 The game is about Akari walking home from school and finding a witch, now she finds herself in another world able to use magic. It's a roguelike RPG kind of game. Only difference is there's no permadeath, and you keep your level. The interesting thing about the game is when you find an "anonymous gem" you can name it, anything. I mean anything! Naming these gems affect the magic Akari uses to fight enemies. For example, I named a spell "Rocking Rain," and Akari causes a giant boulder to fall from the sky, or calling one "Light Zap!" caused Akari to fire lightning. Really a cool game, one that may go under the radar too (what's with me finding these hidden gems).

2. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I revisited A Hat in Time, after realising there was a DLC released not long ago for it. I'm enjoying it so far, and I'd forgotten how much fun the game actually is. Unfortunately, it keeps crashing, and I'm not sure why...

I'm also pretty close to finishing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It is still quite tough, but it seems like my recent playthrough of Super Mario World has improved my Mario skills. Or just my resilience.

And had a few online Puyo matches, but there's not really much to say about that.

3. sten whik

sten whik Space

If you're using up to date Nvidia drivers they've recently started having lots of problems.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I beat Ratchet and Clank 2 tonight. I didn't even realise I was facing the final boss until the credits started rolling. It seemed a little underwhelming for a final boss, although at least they didn't effectively force you into grinding bolts for the RYNO like in the first game. I feel this game relied too much on swarming you with enemies for difficultly. I also didn't like how a lot of your weapons became rather useless into the later parts of the game. Still, I can see the precursor to a lot of mechanics that were present in the third game, which is still my favourite of the trilogy.

I've also completely a little indy game on the Switch called Qbik. It was a fun little puzzle game, and certainly worth it given it was only 90p in the Summer sale.

Now I'm just wondering what to play next. I'm tempted to try and replay Stella Glow, I'm just wary of not finishing it in time for the Pokémon Let's Go release.