1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

Playing the Dragon Age games with my girlfriend. Origins is cool but 2 is even better :)

2. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

Some festive/wintry themed gaming today, or perhaps just an excuse to pick up some games I haven't in a while :p. Started with some Christmas NiGHTS; It's a shame they couldn't have re-skinned the whole game, I but I understand there were technical limitations, especially then. Spring Valley somehow looks even more beautiful decorated for Christmas, and even the boss and its music seem friendlier. Also played through Frozen Bell, since it has a similar theme. After that, I had a few offline rounds of Them's Fightin' Herds as Velvet, in her "mulled wine" colour scheme. Still not great at fighting games, but I enjoy it nonetheless. I opened Sonic Mania Plus to play time attack through Press Garden Act 2 with each character, and through the whole zone in Encore mode. Which was kind of easier, with the seven chaos emeralds already on my save file :p. For the first time in a while, I revisited A Hat in Time, for the Arctic Cruise chapter of its Seal the Deal DLC. Mostly for the second act, which is probably my favourite in the game, despite its difficulty. Finally, I decided to unwind a bit with some Audiosurf, playing through some festive tunes...

3. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Christmas gaming! Last night on Christmas Eve, played Sonic Mega Collection to play some Puyo Puyo Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Sonic 3D Blast, and played Paladins where I unlocked a Christmas themed Evie spray thanks to the Merry Mayhem event. Which is cool since Evie is my favorite character in the game. I chose Sonic Mega Collection as my brother gave me the game Christmas 2002, so it's a fond memory. :)

Today, on Christmas day, got Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy for Switch, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on Wii U. Crash brought back some memories, however Tokyo Mirage Sessions stole the show. I only played the prologue, and wow, this one is amazing so far. If there's any game that should be ported to Switch, it's Tokyo Mirage Sessions, this feels like a great game no one played because it was on Wii U. I still play my Wii U, so I'm going to take the opportunity to experience it. :D So far, it's a game I wish more people could experience.

Apologies for late response, had a bit of a family emergency last week.

Indeed Accord does sound strange, but still confirms Amitie is a bit of an air-head (lack of a better phrase). At least that's how she came off to me in Puyo Puyo Tetris

That's nothing new, it feels no different than Robotnik/Eggman anyway. XD I believe it was censorship for the name change. Chilling in Primp Town does sound better now that you mention it. XD IIRC the GBA game has a similar soundtrack to Puyo Puyo Tsuu, I've played the 3DS port and some of the music did sound familiar. Oh, I just remember, Arle's music in Puyo Pop Fever was some sort of remix from a song I heard on the GBA game. Think I'll need to pop in the 3DS game one day, it's been awhile since I've played it.

Don't worry about it, I've read bigger textwalls. :p

4. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I always think Amitie is a bit like Sailor Moon; she's not too bright, but she is full of love and compassion. I like how Arle is a bit more sarcastic, especially in her own world, and that Ringo has her quirks, despite mostly being an "everygirl".

Yeah, it doesn't quite have that connotation in Japan, it was just to make him sound dangerous/evil :p. And with irony, since he's more of a comic villain. I'd also completely forgotten that they used the Area A music from Tsuu for Arle in the WakuWaku Course, as well as for free battle. That's a really nice touch. And one of my many favourites, along with the remix of Theme of Puyo Puyo (the one from the Puyo half of Swap mode in Puyo Puyo Tetris), and basically the whole Puyo Puyo Fever soundtrack. Taisen 1 (early WakuWaku Course) and Toko 2 (Endless Puyo) in particular are really comforting.

I do need to revisit Fever. And all the others, if I can get my PSP working again...

Yeah, I really like Puyo :p.

Snowyshy likes this.
  5. Snowyshy

Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee and Smash Ultimate today. Got Pokemon Let's Go Eevee for Christmas from my brother, and I love it. The game even brought tears to my eyes as I remember this world from when I played Pokemon Blue 20 years ago. I got that game Christmas 1998, and here I am playing the adventure for Christmas 2018. :D

While doing some errands today, I picked up Smash Ultimate and already beaten it. By "beating it," I mean unlock Sonic. :p Joke aside, having a good time with it. :)

I see now. :) I like Ringo when I first played Puyo Puyo Tetris, her shocked look and thinking sounds always gets me. I actually had her as my laptop's wallpaper April last year too.

Noted on the songs, IIRC there is a way to listen to the songs in the options. That's one thing I love about older Sonic Team games, they always seem to have a way to listen to the game's soundtrack in them. Sonic Adventure - Shadow the Hedgehog have that feature as well as Puyo Pop on GBA, it's always something I use to listen to music back in the Dreamcast days (I'm also surprised Puyo Pop Fever had a DC release in Japan, then again, Puyo Puyo Tetris was also on Wii U there, I sometimes peak at Sega of Japan's website).

Hope you can revisit Fever and the rest one day.

I can tell, and it's nice. It's nice being able to talk about the series too. Thanks Candy. :D

6. Snowyshy

Spent a good chunk of the day playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Played a bit this morning, and played more in the afternoon after some lunch and chores. Completed Chapter 1 and saved Tsubasa's sister, brought some tears to my eyes. Really loving this game. Though, those level 12 trolls are stupidly strong compared to some of other enemies.

Question to any Wii U owners out there, have you played this one? I'm curious this game feels really overlooked.