1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Friend who moved out of state came to visit before he went home, so had a long day of gaming

Before lunch, we played Sonic Battle together. I have two GBAs, two copies, and a link cable, so we did four matches in the game. Also when he visited the other day, we did three matches. It feels good finally playing this game in two player mode, it's a lot of fun. :D

After lunch, we played Mario Kart Double Dash, a Mario Kart game he never played before, Go Vacation, Sega Superstars Tennis as the other day we played his copy of Mario Tennis Aces and I was telling him about the game, roamed around in LEGO City Undercover, played Smash Bros Ultimate over local wireless (why not try the feature out :D) and played Sonic Heroes in two player for the first time ever.

Fun time overall.

Blissful690 and Candy Yunagi like this.
  2. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

After another week or two of playing Sonic Adventure, I decided to leave it alone for now. I'm only 9 emblems away from 100%, but 7 of those are chao race emblems, and I only just started raising chao this time. It's nice, and I can see why people like it, but it still doesn't appeal that much to me - that's the RPG elements, I guess. The game itself is still pretty amazing, though. I love how varied it is, how each character practically has a whole different genre from any other. And while it's far from being an actual open world, it kinda feels like it, especially compared to the next few 3D Sonic games after it. I think there's real charm in the Adventure Fields. It also helps that the whole game takes me back to when I was 17-18...

Played some more Puyo Puyo Tetris, but it seems like most of my strong opposition have moved over to the just released Puyo Puyo eSports/Champions. I'm pretty tempted to get that, since I do miss that thrill; I can quite easily beat most of my PPT opponents now. It'll be nice to finally play Fever mode online, as well, and I have nothing against Tetris players, but it's not quite the same balance as a Puyo vs Puyo match.

After thinking it was broken for a couple of years, I finally got my old PSP to work again. It's been great reliving all the old Puyo games, along with Hatsune Miku Project Diva, Tekken 6... nothing I could really play for any length of time, but it serves its purpose.

Crimson Dawn and Blissful690 like this.
  3. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

Sonic Adventure 2 is still my fave Sonic game, loved it so much then to 100%, took help with a friend to get all the Embelems, but well worth it.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I finally managed to beat the World of Light in Smash Bros Ultimate. That mode is one real slog, did it have to be so darn long?! Still, I feel I can shift my focus to non-Smash games now, like Lets Go Pikachu. I left that whilst in Saffron City. My Pokémon need some more love. I'm long overdue on finishing that game.

I'm also trying to finish off Warioware Gold. I simply must try for as many achievements as possible. Even if some of them are very tedious.

5. Candy Yunagi

For the past few days, I've been playing Team Sonic Racing. I've been loving it so far, from the team mechanics to the courses full of Sonic History, especially Sonic Heroes. I haven't been able to play SEGA All-Stars Transformed yet, so I can't really make any comparisons there. I can say that I really like the relatively extended Sonic cast here, it's great to see Blaze, Silver and Metal Sonic appear again. I never got to play Sonic 06, so I aside from their near cameo appearances in Generations, this felt like the first time I got to know those characters a bit better. My only real disappointment there is that Cream is still nowhere to be seen, and Team Rose just doesn't look right without Amy's BFF. It's a shame not to see Espio or Charmy either. If it were me, I possibly would've had Silver be a speed type, Blaze a power type and had the chao team as their technique partner, leaving the other teams in their Sonic Heroes lineups. Maybe they couldn't fit another team in, or they just wanted to change it up?

I really like how there are techniques to actively help teammates, and that the average position of the whole team is what matters, unlike some other games where being on a team means those players just happen not to hurt each other. Maybe it's just that I really like bright colours, but I find something about wisps having both a colour and a function in their name is really satisfying, and their use in this game just feels really natural. Story mode has some fun side challenges, and I haven't tried online yet, but I hope to, if my connection and such can handle it. I must've already spent 2-3 hours just customising all the cars, trying to find the coolest colour combinations which also look like those characters would realistically decorate them that way at the same time. It's a bit inconvenient that the only way to get new customising stuff is randomly through the capsules (I forget the English translations), but it's fairly easy to keep using it over and over again. I just think the kind of system many fighting games use for unlocking that stuff might have worked better.

I've had a great time with it so far, but I'll wait until the novelty wears off before I decide if I think it was quite worth the price or not. Being a fan of most of the series, there's a lot in it for me, anyway.

Blissful690 and Crimson Dawn like this.
  6. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

7. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

The new Shenmue remake has some really good graphics. ;)

15591220081232.jpg 15591219801741.jpg 15591219355470.jpg

Actually though for any Shenmue fans who might be out there - I've been to Dobuita today, in Yokosuka, and took the pictures above!

It's been a pilgrimage I've been thinking about doing for some 15 years and finally I find myself in Japan so I couldn't turn down the opportunity - if you've played the game you should understand why.

#5427 Mane25, 29 May 2019
    Last edited: 29 May 2019
  8. Candy Yunagi

So after getting sidetracked by Team Sonic Racing and various things in my real life, I finally picked Sonic Adventure 2 back up where I'd left it before then a few days ago. I'd basically gone through Story Mode in what I can only assume was the intended order; Hero, Dark and then Last. After that, I basically went through each stage in the same order playing the second mission, then the third, and so on. With the exception of Route 280 and its unreasonable fourth mission, I feel like I experienced the game about as fully as I could, and I finally finished the final mission of Cannon's Core earlier.

Compared to the original Sonic Adventure, quite a lot has changed, and that makes it hard to decide which I like better. The original feels more like an immersive experience, and mostly more relaxed. By comparison, Sonic Adventure 2 feels like more of a "serious" game. Sonic/Shadow stages seem more complex, and with a greater focus on speed. Eggman/Tails stages are okay, but I think Gamma did it better. Maybe something like that without the time limit would've been an improvement. Knuckles/Rogue stages are probably improved overall, but it kinda makes me miss the freedom to search for any of the three shards in the original. And while I understand why, but I kinda miss different characters sharing stages, like how different the segments of Sonic stages felt when playing as Knuckles, even though the layout is the same.

I never really noticed before, but it seems like Professor Gerald Robotnik had a fascination with ancient echidna culture. Artificial Chaos, textures from Lost World at some places around the ARK, and another emerald shrine, in addition to the one in Hidden Palace, and the one from Sonic Adventure, apparently :p. Maybe he even made Omochao as a way of paying homage to the chao Tikal used to watch over. I don't believe Omochao's origins are ever revealed...

I find interesting that GUN come off as being quite morally ambiguous. They're not evil, but it doesn't seem right that they think they can claim three chaos emeralds as their own. Attacking the ARK 50 years before was ill-advised, but as I recall, they were afraid Gerald was doing the kind of thing Eggman would grow up to do. They weren't to know that arresting Maria and taking her down to Earth would kill her, but she clearly wasn't a great physical threat to anyone. I do like that the game has no single evil villain. Eggman was being manipulated by Shadow, who had been manipulated by Gerald, who lost it after a soldier killed Maria out of misunderstanding and fear of Gerald's science.

I find the last line in the game to be really powerful: "Adios, Shadow the Hedgehog." That Sonic was truly mournful but didn't want anyone else to see, that those were also Maria's last words (unbeknownst to him, he just thought he was giving a late, sadly ironic reply to Shadow's earlier "Adios, Sonic the Hedgehog"), and that his voice was literally the only sound always gives me chills.

Another few days, and I should have time to make a start on Sonic Heroes. A very nostalgic game for me, but one I genuinely like, in spite of its problems.

9. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've been playing CTR: Nitro Fuelled for the Switch. I was initially disappointed that my local GAME had already filled out their preorders for the Oxide edition, only to then learn you can unlock Oxide in game anyway. :confused:

The game itself is just as enjoyable as the original, although it does feel harder in spots. The CPU on Medium can sometimes wail you with items and other time be left in your dust. I also feel a lot of the N Tropy ghosts are harder to beat than in the original from my experience in the time trials so far.

Crimson Dawn and Blissful690 like this.
  10. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

I felt like i wanted to play the game, but as I know no friends who play it I feel it wouldn't be worth to play by myself and randoms online, maybe when they release it on PC il give it a go.

11. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Made some Mario levels on Maker 2

Run to the goal.
    P1Q-0D3-NCG

Watch your step.
    W08-JK3-4SG

Who you going to call?
    9WN-KMB-D4G

12. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

Speaking of Super Mario Maker 2, I also have a few courses I'd like to share.

(In order of when they were uploaded:)

Bell Tree Toy Tower Under Siege!
    (Super Mario 3D World)[Autoscrolling; Themed]
    9F3-VJ5-3NG

Superball Spelunking on the Moon
    (Super Mario Bros.)[Puzzle-solving; Themed]
    NJX-1HR-68G

Night of the Shroomin' Dead
    (New Super Mario Bros. U)[Autoscrolling; Themed]
    NXG-MMG-QLF

Rainbow Dash!
    (Super Mario World)[Speedrun; Multiplayer Versus]
    B70-N55-LSF

So those are all of the courses I've uploaded so far. And yes, that last one IS a reference to Rainbow Dash of MLP fame.

#5432 GhostlyJunkbot, 9 July 2019
    Last edited: 9 July 2019
  13. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I finally platinumed Crash Bandicoot 2 today! The original is one of my favourite PlayStation games and as much as I like the remake, I still prefer the original game but that shows both games still have a huge place for me :p

Speaking of Crash, I picked up the new CTR remake as well. It's a brilliant game, although the online is a bit of a mess it is otherwise a faithful remake!

Finally I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 again after so long and I feel so stupid for not playing it in ages and I'm falling in love with it again. Planning to restart all the Uncharted games and the South Park RPGs soon too :)

Crimson Dawn likes this.
  14. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Wow, does that mean you got all the platinum relics in the remake of Crash 2? Well done! That's quite a feat as those relic times are ridiculously tight I couldn't even get the sapphire relic in one of the jet pack levels!

I've been playing a lot of the CTR remake lately, trying to unlock everything from the new Grand Prix update. Some of the nitro tasks are a bit of grind. Is anyone else playing the Switch version and want to help out with some of the friend objectives?

15. GatewaytoGlimmer

Nah sadly not. Out of the 27 I only got 2 platinums and the rest were gold :p When I say Platinumed, I mean I got the Platinum trophy on the PS4 version :)

16. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Huh. I thought the Platinum trophy involved doing everything, including all platinum relics. Now that I've looked it up you only need gold or better, which is more reasonable I guess. Then again, a lot of the gold times in Crash 2 are savage. I swear they amped up the difficulty for the relics compared to the original Crash 3. I guess it doesn't help that Crash 1 and 2 weren't originally designed with relic runs in mind.

GatewaytoGlimmer likes this.
  17. GatewaytoGlimmer

@Robshi Yeah the levels on Crash 1 and 2 are not really built to be sped through and I didn't really enjoy getting the relics in the 2nd game.

18. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Today's gaming, Sonic Battle on GBA, Modern Combat Blackout on Switch, and CS:GO on PC.

This morning did a game of Sonic Battle challenge mode as Amy as I usually do. This afternoon I decided to squeeze in some Modern Combat, played two online rounds of team deathmatch. Despite being a mobile port, I have fun with it occasionally. Played CS:GO because I've been enjoying it now that I have a new computer. Played some deathmatch mode, and decided to try out the battle royale mode Danger Zone, got 4th place. While I don't like Fortnite, I decided to try this mode, as well as Apex Legends recently (I actually like Apex a lot to be honest, the teamwork aspect and the ability to respawn teammates and help them with pinging makes the game more fun IMHO).

19. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

I have mainly been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses for like 2 weeks. Still not finished a run though

20. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Another weekend of non-stop BotW. By my projections, I've surely got to complete it by Wednesday, possibly a day sooner. The DLC just ended up taking a lot longer than expected, which is, good!