1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Instead of getting annoyed at teammates who land where everyone else is going in Apex Legends, I decided to uninstall Apex, and go back to my online gaming roots by playing Counter-Strike. Specifically CS:GO. Still way more fun than both the battle royale games I've tried. Not good as I haven't played in a long time, still very fun playing traditional Counter-Strike. It amazes me that people still play a classic online game like CS, even if it is its modern version.

I take back about liking Apex Legends a lot, bad teammates ruined the one battle royale game I like. It did introduce me to Titanfall 2 however. :)

Parthidens likes this.
  2. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've been playing through Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled and managed to unlock all the nitro bonus items available for this GP. I also bought the Mad Scientist Ripper Roo outfit which is a good laugh. It is irksome that Activision are greedily sneaking microtransactions into the game post launch. I'm just glad I'm earning enough Wumpa coins through online racing at a nice pace. I just hope they don't mess with coin payouts. The game itself is a lot of fun though.

I've also tried the Mario Tennis Aces trial for the Switch whilst it was available to Switch Online users. I'm quite impressed with the game and will likely pick it up sometime soon, even if I did get stuck in the story mode on a Piranha Plant mission.

Finally I played a little Mario Maker 2 tonight, and I'm amazed the level I posted still has 0 clears! :eek:

The level code is 7JB-JS1-D1H if anyone here wants to try to be the first to beat it.

#5442 Robshi, 16 August 2019
    Last edited: 18 August 2019
  3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Started Katamari Damacy (on Switch) and quite like it so far. I put some first impressions here.

4. Snowyshy

Some PC games today. Played Wing Commander Armada with my friend, thanks to GOG's DosBox tool, my friend and I were able to do some battles online. This afternoon, Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies (that odd Valve licensed and Nexon developed Counter-Strike game that's on Steam) to check out the new mode added to game, and had some fun with that. This evening, a few casual games of CS:GO.

5. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I had been meaning to get back to Sonic Heroes, but my PS2 has decided to be a diva and refuse to read any discs. So for now, at least, I'm reliving some PS1 games from my childhood. I tried playing The Lion King: Simba's mighty adventure, but it just didn't hold my interest for any more than about half an hour. Crash Bash is actually the only Crash game I've ever had, but I always enjoyed it. Even so, it's less fun alone, and I think I was too tired to deal with its insane difficulty last night. So tonight I've been playing Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness. It's kind of a cross between classic Pac-Man gameplay and Soukoban, that game where you have to push crates into the right place, but you can't pull them. That, with some light action elements and timed puzzles. It's maybe not as exciting as some other games, but it's pretty relaxing right now.

So many others I could revisit if I get time... Spyro the Dragon, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Ape Escape, Rascal, A Bug's Life, Micro Maniacs, even Tekken 2, if that still works. Maybe they're not all generally considered classic Playstation games, but really, any game you have as a kid becomes a classic when you're an adult.

6. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

I started and finished Bomberman Quest for the GBC, getting 100% within 7-8 hours. After looking forward to trying this game for a couple of years, I'm just really glad to have gotten round to it!

It's fine. It does some things nicely, some poorly, and I found it overall a fun experience - largely because it didn't overstay its welcome. Having absolutely no repeat enemies is a pretty neat aspect, and most of them are fairly unique.

Having played this and Story DS, I'm all the more impressed at how good Tournament turned out. Both Quest and Story are flawed in a number of ways, and it seems that Tournament really gets the best from both to make something well above either. Or, at least, that's how I remember it...

Blissful690 and Candy Yunagi like this.
  7. Snowyshy

While I was out, I checked my local Five Below (a store in the US that sells stuff for $5 or less), and surprisingly found Yo-Kai Watch for $5. So decided to buy it and gave it a go. I like it so far. I knew what to expect gameplay-wise as I had the demo downloaded, but I'm enjoying the full game so far. Also, friend and I played some more Wing Commander Armada online using GOG's DOSBox tool.