1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Last night - I'm not sure what exactly prompted it, but I got an overwhelming urge to buy and play A Short Hike at last, a game which I've had an eye on for a good few months.

I made my most careless, impulsive purchase in memory - don't even know if the game was on sale, don't particularly care - and got my recently-purchased 8BitDo SN30 Pro set up with my laptop, with a little pain. (Ultimately I just needed to trust Steam's Switch Pro Controller integration and connect it in Switch mode rather than the normal PC mode, which gives it an Xbox button layout that I wasn't really a fan of.)

Then I actually, uh, played the game. It's pretty much exactly what I'd imagined so far. Genuinely funny dialogue, cute characters, lovely visual style and kinda fun movement as well. The atmosphere is what I really wanted from this game and it's really delivering in that regard. Super looking forward to continuing it.

2. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

Played Animal Crossing on the Switch, played Kingdom Hearts 2 on the PS4 and bought and downloaded Star Wars Battlefront II.

3. Cuttleshock

Completed A Short Hike! I've been absolutely hooked on it all week. It's nothing huge that I can really go and recommend to everyone as a must-play, but... I think it's a game that'll stay with me for a while to come.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I took part in my first ever Splatfest over the weekend! I was Team Ketchup. It was a lot of fun, and might tempt me to try more of the online multiplayer in Splatoon 2 this week, particularly as I've now reached level 10 and can game modes which aren't turf wars.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  5. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

I've become a little obsessed recently with Mighty Switch Force. Fantastic soundtrack, and a super enjoyable experience if you like puzzle platformers. Great fun.

6. Cuttleshock

I've often watched videogame presentations and seen games and been like "eh this isn't for me, but I bet some people are going wild over it". Well, today, I was 'some people' with Goodbye Volcano High in the PS5 reveal showcase - it's got really, mm, mixed reception from the bulk of the stream's audience, to put it gently.

The livestream was cool! Bunch of games I'm probably never gonna play, but a really strong showing all the same!

7. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Well, here's a funny story. At last year's BronyScot I picked up an inkling amiibo from Cex in Glasgow. Only I didn't realise it was an amiibo until recently, as I just figured it was a cute little model I could put on display in my room. Well, today I decided to try and scan it into Splatoon 2, and I got a little hairclip. The best thing though was getting to take a photo of the amiibo with my female inkling character. Seeing them both do the "Stay Fresh!" pose was so adorable.

Blissful690 likes this.
  8. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

Some Guitar Hero World Tour in the middle of the night, because why not? This is actually my first time touching the series since buying a real guitar around three and a half years ago. For a light hearted party game, this is much harder than it has any right to be :p. Interestingly, I seem to remember struggling to move around the neck and with legato. I can do that more easily now, but the "chords" and alt strumming feel really difficult. I guess I can't un-know that real chord shapes are nothing like that, and the timing seems a bit off from what it would be to actually play. That said, reasonably slow single notes and legato come naturally now, and changing hand position is not much of a problem. What I found most disorienting was "playing" songs I actually know the real notes and chords for. That was completely different from what I'm used to, and it totally confused me :p.

Still, it was a fun enough experience. The excitement from before is gone, but that's because I've felt the fun and the freedom of playing a real guitar. I'm not restricted to 70-80 songs, half of which I don't even like, I can attempt anything I know at least the chords for. Even if I don't always play very well :p.

9. sten whik

sten whik Space

By coincidence I had Guitar Hero videos playing on my spare monitor today.
    Anyway Guitar Hero 3 is the best one...

Candy Yunagi likes this.
  10. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

Yeah, 3 was always my favourite, too. But since my PS2 is tempermental, I had to go with the next best one I own. I feel like 5 has a really nice interface and some very welcome features, but the music selection doesn't appeal to me as much, hence I went for World Tour.

That final boss in 3, though. I used to be able to at least finish every song on expert except for that, Raining Blood and Through the Fire and Flames. Could only do those on hard.

11. Cuttleshock

I've been replaying A Short Hike now it's on Switch. This is no doubt one of my favourite games ever, and the boat music (with associated boat) added in this release might be my new favourite track of the game. love <3

12. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

Two Point Hospital, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Ghost of Tsushima, a well played day

13. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

14. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

After several attempts across a week, I finally managed to beat Inner Agent 3 in Splatoon 2 recently. That fight is insane.

I'm also doing the last few challenges in Saints Row the Third to get the platinum trophy.