1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Your Day Of Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Horty, 5 May 2012.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

I beat Katana ZERO after playing once a week for the last month or so. It was... a pretty phenomenal game. And I need to replay it, for sure. Just plan to get it on Switch beforehand, keep bolstering up my console as my ultimate gaming machine. (Might need to upgrade to a 256GB SD card soon.)

2. Cuttleshock

Completed the main story (inasmuch as it is one - the mandatory puzzles, which only compose about half of the game) of Toki Tori and was... caught off guard by the credits rap. The game's childish presentation feels so at odds with its fiendish puzzles, though I found it funny. Enjoyed it, at least for 90p (on sale until tomorrow), and have also bought the sequel.

Incidentally, I had no idea it was a GBC game originally! As such, it's available on Nintendo platforms several times: GBC, WiiWare remake, 3DS Virtual Console, 3DS remake, Wii U remake and Switch remake.

3. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

Fired up the PS3 for the first time since getting a PS4 to start playing Final Fantasy XIII.

4. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

Pony Cat and Lot Lot
    [​IMG]

5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Lately I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my way to note the Mario anniversary. I haven't actually played this game before and it's nice to be regularly playing on my Wii after a number of years. The game is pretty fun although the camera can be a nightmare.

I've also had my first session on my Switch getting back into Splatoon 2 after hearing the big news from the Nintendo Direct. Naturally all the posts in Inkopolis were all about Splatoon 3. All aboard the hype train!

6. Cuttleshock

I have collected 201 berries in Celeste! I am. SO done with this game haha. Want to move on to other stuff now, but I'm just amazed I got this far after thinking I'd probably drop it before the hardest few gold berries.

Candy Yunagi and Robshi like this.
  7. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

That's actually insane! I think I'm still at 186, last thing I tried before taking a break was to revisit Farewell without assist mode. I need to face the intimidation and pick that up again, actually...

Cuttleshock likes this.
  8. Cuttleshock

I certainly can't blame you - it took me more deaths to beat it a single time than it did to get a perfect run on all but two other stages. But the way you get progressively better at a level as you play and replay is just so addicting, combined with the fair and satisfying movement - I don't know if I could stick to many other games the way I have with Celeste.

9. Candy Yunagi

I know I can do the room I'm stuck on, I just feel like I'm procrastinating in a strange way. There's another easy room after it, followed by the last room before a checkpoint. I kinda at least wanna get to there so I can do other stuff on my main file. But I almost have more fun speedrunning, making Madeline go zoom :p

I'd like to think I get guess which is the berry you're missing ;). After I eventually finish Farewell without assist, I was planning to
    Go for the moonberry, and clear the only other stage I haven't without assist, 6C, before going back for as many goldens as I can...

10. Cuttleshock

I haven't really done any speedrunning - I use hyperdashes and such when I get the chance but never really gone for fast times beyond whatever I got naturally from Gold clears. So that's something I might come back to the game for eventually.
    Oh heavens no, that implies I have the Farewell Gold, which I absolutely don't, haha - I do have the secret berries (had to look them up tho...).

6C FWIW was one of the quickest Gold clears for me in the whole game - don't know if I was lucky with it but I think it's really not that bad once you figure out what you're meant to do in the middle.

11. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Well, today I've managed to rescue Princess Peach on Super Mario Galaxy 2. I also started playing through World S and had a nightmare on the Thwomp stage, mainly due to dying several times trying to get the comet medal. I imagine there will be a plenty more frustrating challenges ahead to try and collect every star in the game.

12. Candy Yunagi

I've never submitted a run, mostly for having no idea how recording or splits work. I think my PB was around 50-55 minutes any%, though. Might try another category sometime, though probably not 202 berries :p. I find it a fair bit less stressful than the post game content, though.

Only thing I had to look up was the Chapter 4 crystal heart. The game is a real contender for my favourite of all time, but that reference was one of the few jank moves they made. 2 and 3 were partially spoiled to me in video reviews, though the solution for 1 was the one last ridiculous long shot I tried when I was about to look that up.

To be fair, I only slowed it to 80-90% in the first half of the last room in 6C, with the Kevin. I kinda wanna take the gold at the same time as I eventually prove I can do it without assist. The only other time outside of Farewell in my first run i think was flag 3 of 7B, but I went back and did 7B without. Still don't know the intended solution, I just ended up wavedashing in the end :p

13. Cuttleshock

For actual stuff I did today - got the skateboard race time achievement in Spyro 3 (Reignited). It shouldn't have been too bad but the area is really buggy and I lost a few good runs in frustrating ways haha...
    Really nice times tho! Yeah, I might be inclined to try running just the main story, now I know I can handle it - it's not too long and also probably more interesting than focusing on individual stages.
    I was lucky to know 4, but I did have to look up 1... good job on that one.
    If I'm thinking of the right one... I ended up wavedashing that flag too when going for gold, haha - it's a really mean one, the alternative is a really tight wall bounce.

14. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

15. Cuttleshock

I got the gold berry in Celeste - Farewell. 202/175 complete.

16. Candy Yunagi

Oh, wow! I'm still trying to run farewell without assist lol. Overcome a few old nemeses already, though.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  17. Cuttleshock

Good luck! It's been so long now since I just played without aiming for perfection, I sort of miss it, but at the same time I'm super done with the game for now haha (after 150 hours on a single stage...). Might try modded maps in the future.

18. Candy Yunagi

I'd absolutely recommend the 2020 Spring Collab. It needs a mod launcher and a number of other mods to run, but every map is up to a certain quality, there's nothing too silly. There are some jokes and memes, but the level design is always solid, and ranges from early A-side difficulty to worse than anything in the vanilla game, and the easier stuff can be skipped over. I don't have much fun with the fandom's harder maps, but the Spring Collab feels like a game in its own right.

19. Cuttleshock

Thanks, I'll check it out! I've been playing on Switch so far so I'll have to get up to scratch with a PC version, but it shouldn't be too hard, imagine it's well documented.