1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Zootopia (aka Zootropolis)

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Leon K Fox, 29 March 2016.

1. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Robshi, Cloudane and MCtoastie like this.
  2. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

MCtoastie likes this.
  3. Leon K Fox

Robshi and MCtoastie like this.
  4. Starscream759

With all the stuff your getting your making me want to go to a Disney store right about now. And the nearest one I have now is in London in Bond Street and I have to travel to get there.

5. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

6. Leon K Fox

They had a big pile of them to take for free at my local Odeon, ended up picking up a few for friends as well.

What's funny is that the poster is a carry over from an old draft of the script where Nick was a bonafied criminal (or accused of being one)

I got the things I've posted about today online x3

7. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Saw the movie Friday

That plot twist! O_______O I seriously was not expecting the Mayor (Assistant) Bellweather to be behind this one. She was so nice. O_____O

Then I was like, "on no, they got Nick". As Nick went savage, I was tearing up and then Judy revealed it was an act. XD Another twist. o_O

DMV sloth speeding... Disney you just won't let it go with these twists. XD.

Judy Hopps there, she just don't give up. She's cool that way. :) Yes, you're cute Judy.... stop denying it. :p Nick was amazing too, here Judy got a quick money making fox to help her, over time became friends and he became part of the police force. :D Yes, I cried for these two, liquid pride was shed.

Also, that bootlegger. "I have movies that are not even out yet", and they show Frozen 2. XD Good old city bootleggers. XP

Also, Mr. Big.... was not expecting a reference to The Godfather too.

After the movie, mom took me to Toys R Us and surprised me with a Nick plush. I already had Judy, so now I have them both!

8. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

"Meowana". :D

Snowyshy likes this.
  9. Leon K Fox

CrikeyoRilley, Cloudane and MCtoastie like this.
  10. SamP20

SamP20 A partridge in a pear tree

This is the first time in ages I have watched a film at the cinema. After almost everyone at the Severn Bronies meet yesterday suggested to watch it, I had no excuse not to :p

And I'm glad I did, it was awesome! So many good moments throughout, and I really loved the interactions between Nick and Judy as the story develops. Also the jokes in the background were a nice touch, although I'm sure I probably missed some. I guess I'll have to re-watch it a few more times :p
    The bunny counter was one that had me chuckle a little :)

11. Leon K Fox

Well it's been a good long while since I posted in this thread. might as well update just how far I fell down this rabbit hole...pun not intended. I've also edited the thread title so that the correct title is at the forefront. I've since embraced calling the film Zootopia as the internet at large, the creators and many more do.

By the end of its theatrical run I had seen the film 37 times in cinemas, own three different blu rays (one imported from the US) as well as on iTunes and I've built up a collection of merchandise. Not the biggest there is to be found, but I'm proud of it nonethless.

It's lengthy but I did a video showing it all off. Am planning to take photos of it all so there's a more approachable way to show it all off, seeing how much I can get into one shot as a self imposed challenge since a friend who's also a Zootopia buff did it :p

I also did a video rambling about the film, my hopes for a sequel and more, a video clip is accidentally reused at one point but I added an annotation and note in the description for help in skipping past that. Both videos are linked below.

#51 Leon K Fox, 27 March 2017
    Last edited: 27 March 2017
  12. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Is the right most Blu ray the import? Not seen it before it looks quite cool

13. Leon K Fox

No, that's just a copy of the standard UK blu ray in a special slip case, Disney have done those for loads of their films. The imported one is the one that's called Zootopia rather than Zootropolis.

14. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Interesting, it looks more like it should be a special edition. I have the 3D Blu ray so have never seen the standard until now=P.

15. Leon K Fox

I mentioned this in the "Furries" thread, but thought I would share this here. Earlier this month I got my fursona realized as a Zootopian, and I love how the art came out.

Attached Files:

16. Starscream759

Ya know what? I might as well get my copy of Zooptopia. Albeit it'll be a DVD copy but hey it's an awesome movie so why not? Hell I might even throw in something Nick related in terms of merch as well.

17. Leon K Fox

There's now a Zootopia parody of "Shut Up And Dance" called Sly Fox and Dumb Bunny and it's the catchiest song I've heard in a long time.

Starscream759 and Cendaquenta like this.
  18. Starscream759

God I only wish there was like official animation clips from Disney of Judy and Nick just dancing along to this. That would've been rad. :)

19. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

One of my favorite movies of 2016.